Search results for "Posted by eykanal"
eykanal

Score: 0
  • eykanal
  • Posted: May 04, 2018
  • Score: 0
In the previous layout, the following works just fine:

*) Hit "n" for the new task layout
*) hit tab to put keyboard focus on the different dropdowns (I have context, folder, and a few others), type on the keyboard to select the item (e.g., for context "work" I can just type "w" and work is selected)
*) hit tab a few more times to the "save" button, hit return... done!

In the new layout, I can still hit tab to put focus on the different "dropdowns", but typing doesn't select anything. Looking at the dev pane, it appears that the SelectMenu isn't even present until a keyboard click on the appropriate Cell (in this case, CellContext). This is a real barrier to quick keyboard navigation in the site. Is there any way to have the SelectMenu always be present but hidden until the user clicks on Cell?
eykanal

Posted Mar 07, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2013
Posted a while back, but just to re-iterate... on both my older iPod (4th gen, 8 GB) and my newer iPad (3rd gen, 64 GB, wi-fi) the new app works fine. I'm not noticing any of the slowdowns that the others are mentioning on either device. Just checked, I have ~2,500 completed tasks. So far, so good! Thanks to Jake and team for all their hard work!

This message was edited Mar 07, 2013.
eykanal

Posted Feb 26, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 1
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2013
  • Score: 1
Thanks for all your hard work!

I upgraded Toodledo on my iPod (4th gen, 8 GB) and on my iPad (3rd gen, 64 GB, wi-fi), and it works great on both. I'm not noticing any of the slowdowns that the others are mentioning on either device. I'm enjoying this tremendously so far. Thanks!
eykanal

Posted Dec 28, 2011 in: 2011 In Review
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Dec 28, 2011
Awesome list! Here's looking forward to an even better 2012!

BTW, 99.93% uptime is ridiculously good. 35 minutes downtime for the who year, while increasing userbase by 50%... you guys should seriously get some sort of award for that sort of thing.
eykanal

Posted Dec 15, 2011 in: future for Notebook feature
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2011
@jpr - The improvements you're talking about are all visual. Unless I'm mistaken, there were no new features.

@salgud - I'm sorry, I think "shoddy" is pretty apropos. There are only two "features" to their notebook:

1) Search through notes
2) Add them to folders

The second one isn't a true feature, as it's limited by the folders you have set up for your to-dos, which may not mirror your notebook requirements. There's no formatting, no tagging, no markdown support, no exporting, no easy printing, nothing that virtually every other notes program has.

As I said, it's pretty surprising, considering (1) how much thought they've given to continually improving the tasks features, and (2) how highly visible they've made the notebook feature. Maybe it'll get some love, maybe not, but I sure hope so.
eykanal

Posted Dec 13, 2011 in: future for Notebook feature
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2011
Touché. I'll settle for a "We plan on working on this" versus a "We don't plan on working on this" for now. It's been well over two years since this feature has seen any changes at all.

What gets me most is that they call other things "high-priority", yet this is the most high-visibility item on the toodledo main page, in terms of text size and color contrast. It has it's own tab and everything. Same with the iApp... permanently visible, all the time. Either work on it or make it a less visible feature. Leaving it highly visible and shoddy just doesn't name sense to me.

This message was edited Dec 13, 2011.
eykanal

Posted Dec 13, 2011 in: future for Notebook feature
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2011
I know you always say "we don't comment on timelines", so I'll try to ask this more generally. Do you plan on working on this in the near-term or long-term future?
eykanal

Posted Dec 12, 2011 in: localStorage
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2011
Quick question for the devlopers... are you planning on adding offline task access using the HTML5 local storage functionality?
eykanal

Posted Dec 12, 2011 in: future for Notebook feature
Score: 2
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2011
  • Score: 2
The Toodledo Notebook is the sad, neglected feature in an otherwise stellar featureset.

- No easy way to create notes externally (email, text, external programs, etc.)
- No easy way to format notes... requires html
- Notes are not exported when saving a backup file
- No tagging
- No way to connect a note with a to-do item
- No keyboard shortcuts for accessing or working within the Notebook view

Despite this, they're advertised in a buge tab at the top of every page, and on the iPod app it's a very high-visibility feature, taking up significant screen real estate on every view.

On the user side, every day that goes by we add more notes to other apps like Evernote, OneNote, or (my personal choice) SimpleNote, which syncs with Notational Velocity. I would love to have my notes all in one spot but Toodledo's notepad feature is simply too poorly featured to be useful.

I absolutely love Toodledo, and I've happily evangelized for them to dozens and dozens of people. I plan on continuing to use Toodledo for years, and I have to-do items with >1 year due date which depend on it. However, call a spade a spade... this feature is just bad. Any plans for reworking it?

This message was edited Dec 12, 2011.
eykanal

Posted Nov 02, 2011 in: Grab bag of updates
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2011
Great, thanks for keeping the site running smoothly.

Regarding issue #4, is there a simple way to see how many tasks I have? I assume that the 20,000 limit includes both uncompleted and completed. I can't imagine I'm anywhere near that (I don't think I've completed 20,000 things in the course of my LIFE yet), but still, I'm curious how many I do have. If there's a simple (read: no extra work for you) way to do this, I'd be interested. Thanks again!
eykanal

Posted Sep 26, 2011 in: Backup and Restore Options
Score: -1
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Sep 26, 2011
  • Score: -1
Very nice, very thorough. Thanks a bunch!
eykanal

Posted Aug 24, 2011 in: Markdown Support
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2011
For what it's worth, I think this is an excellent idea, for both the Notes section of the website, as well as for the notes that can be attached to each to-do.
eykanal

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Toodledo's abuse of canned responses
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2011
Assuming you're being sarcastic, my suggestion is that their canned responses provide some actual information to the person asking the question/providing the feedback. If that involves more responses, yes, that's what I'm suggesting. If you can think of another method that's better, post it!
eykanal

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Toodledo's abuse of canned responses
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2011
Summary: The use of the canned "Thanks for the suggestion" reply has gotten somewhat out of hand lately.

I just submitted a bug report/feature request, and instead of pointing out that what I was talking about already exists, the support technician just hit the canned "Thanks for the suggestion" button. Only through reading other forum questions did I realize that feature is already (partly) implemented, and that implementation is very well done.

I realize you're very busy, particularly after a major software upgrade. Despite that, if this is the quality of your support, you might as well not respond at all. As a user, I'm no more informed after receiving that response than before. Did you get it? Do you care? Is it actually on the "we'd like to do this" to-do list or on the "perpetually growing and we'll never implement it" to-do list? At the very least, the response should be broken down into "we already do that (link)", "we'll consider it", "we aren't planning on addressing that", and "we'd love to do that". A little honesty and openness would be appreciated.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2011.
eykanal

• eykanal
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2011
Thanks for the update. I'm still mystified as to why you've left the large black bar at the bottom of the screen; if you want folks to use notebook, improve it significantly (add rich text editor, link to notes from to-dos, improve categorization & tagging, support markdown, ...), if not, get rid of it.

Still, its nice to have more space to see my stuff. Thanks!

This message was edited Jul 08, 2011.
eykanal

Posted Jun 07, 2011 in: iOS 5
Score: 1
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2011
  • Score: 1
I was going to post a new topic, but this one will do.

After watching the keynote and reading up on the details of how Reminders works, I'm glad I'm using Toodledo. You guys offer better date options, better repeat options, better list management (via contexts and folders), a "faster" app (less clicks for the same thing), and have the experience of having been working on this for the past while. This doesn't even touch the fact that I can access my items on any device - iPod, iPad, mac, some other random computer, wherever - while using Toodledo, but not Reminders.

I'm a paying user of Toodledo, and I'm glad I am. I'll definitely be sticking with you guys.
eykanal

• eykanal
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2011
Thanks for the improvements. Unfortunately, the visual improvements to the goal page seem a step backwards... instead of reducing complexity, and allowing the user to choose when to display something, you made it always visible, reducing available screen real estate and adding visual cruft. Could you at least add an option to have it toggle-based, the way it was? Thanks!
eykanal

Posted Mar 16, 2011 in: long-term projects
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to hear from you, as I know you use your own software heavily. Your answer works, if you're willing to abandon a GTD approach. However, that aside, I still have a problem in a similar vein to this one I asked a while ago: how do you deal with tasks that take more than a day to complete? The system just isn't set up to handle that. As it is now, even if a task is set with a duration > 1, it will still only show up on the "today" list on the day it's due.

In my perfect world, the duration field would enable a task to be shown as "due today" both on it's due date as well as on every day until the duration is over. So, a task due today (3/16) with a duration of 3 would show up as "due today" for 3/16, 3/17, and 3/18. As it is now, the "duration" field is really just another "note" field; it doesn't affect application behavior in any way.
eykanal

Posted Mar 16, 2011 in: long-term projects
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2011
I have a problem with my current style of task management, and I haven't found a good way to solve it using toodledo (or any other task manager, to be fair) yet. The problem is that any "list-style" task manager is excellent for remembering to do small things, but it's pretty poor for large *project* management. If I have a project with different steps, each one possibly requiring several days to complete, I have not found a way to use toodledo to manage that project.

I realize that this is not really the primary goal of toodledo (in fact, I think I recall a developer explicitly stating that they are not in the project management business in some earlier post). However, I was still curious whether anyone else has figured out how to do full project management using these tools. If not, does anyone know of other websites that do this? I would definitely still use toodledo for most of my tasks, but if it comes down to it I could use another program for task management. Thanks!
eykanal

Posted Feb 09, 2011 in: duration
  • eykanal
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2011
So, after having used this, this isn't quite what I'm looking for. Sure, I can set the start date, but it's still not listed as "due today" until it's due. Thinking about this more, this does make sense, since I'm listing things by due. However, functionally, this is poor design, since if it was supposed to start yesterday, and it's due tomorrow, I should have it listed as a "to-do" item today, and it's not listed that way.

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to have an item be listed as "due today" for a number of days in a row, because that's typically how items actually work. If the solution is to make a new type of view, then so be it, but I'm not sure what's the best way to do this. I would love to hear some feedback from the developers on what they think of this... I doubt I'm the only one with this problem. Thanks!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next