ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
.Jay

Score: 0
  • .Jay
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2014
  • Score: 0
Thank you coolxplorer . You have been very helpful.

I have now got 3 toodledo subscriptions and 3 Ultimate licenses . All looks like it will work well BUT I no no longer have the fantastic feature of adding a Task via the notification bar which the official app did well.

this setup has now raised more issues but I am sure the people at Ultimate will be able to help. My main ones are widget text size and working out exactly what "calendar integration" means

.jay
.Jay

• .Jay
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2014
Thank you . Your reply mentions "or from another app" . Can you tell me which ones? I am happy to purchase an app if this one fucntion is available.
thank you
.Jay

• .Jay
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2014
I see . I have just talen out 3 silver subscriptions purely to collaborate with two users who are alwasy on the road.

Can shared tasks be added via email?
Currently the only way I can see this working is by using the desktop site on the android phone . pretty limiting.
.Jay

• .Jay
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2014
Hi.
I am trying to create shared tasks using the mobile app but unfortunately cannot see how to do this on my Android smartphone. Am I missing something or is this feature not available?
Jay
.Jay

Posted Jan 25, 2012 in: Toodledo and ADHD
  • .Jay
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2012
Posted by TowardVictory:
Dear folks –

I am trying to create a task list/reminder system to manage both the ordinary chaos of a busy life with a lot of projects and the special additional burden of severe ADHD, inattentive type. I am switching from a Blackberry to either an iPhone on an android phone, and I am trying to figure out whether I can get the special features I need on either one. I have been doing a lot of research and so far have not found the combination that I need, and am appealing to this list for help and advice. I am hoping to make Toodledo the center of the system, with local apps that sync to it, but I am not yet sure that I can make it do what I need.

Basically, I want a system with the usual task list/priority/date stuff that Toodledo does well, but it must also have three special features that I feel I need to manage my distractibility. These are:
1. It should nag me, so that the people in my life do not have to. Specifically, it should have audible and popup nag reminders at both my windows desktop and on my phone, at intervals I can set, that repeat until I tell it to stop. Sometimes this is called a “snooze” feature, but not everything called a snooze can actually do this job.
2. Delivery of reminders must be highly reliable, so that I count on them. In particular:
a. The software must provide the reminders (audible and popup) whether or not the application is open or active. This means some part of it must run in background on both computer and phone, or that the reminders must be driven externally, like push email or SMS messages.
b. The desktop must work when there is no internet connectivity (which is often, since I work on a laptop) and the phone app must work when there is no wireless signal. I believe this means that each must maintain a local copy of my tasks and calendar.
3. I need one system, not two. I know myself well enough to realize that I would get hopelessly tangled If I tried to maintain two separate with different procedures or different databases. Whatever I enter into the desktop has to synch frequently and automatically with the phone, and visa versa. In addition, it would be a benefit, though I do not say it is absolutely essential, if the interfaces to the desktop and phone version of the system were reasonably similar in logic, capabilities, and visual icons and metaphors.

Do people agree that this is a sensible set of special feature demands for a task/GTD system for someone with ADD? Does anyone know of an application that will do these things, or a set of applications that will do them jointly?

I would be very greatful for any advice or pointers anyone has to offer. Iwill post whatever I settle on here, and then offer an account of my experience after I have worked with it for a while.

Sign me RedRacer
(because it it takes all the running I can do, to keep in the same place)

Hi.
I have struggled with Toodledo on the Android for while, and was ready to give up last week ( sent a not so nice post - which was promptly hidden with negative reviews lol. )
Since then TD have come out with m.toodledo.com mobile site that works offline ( still in beta tho). Hopefully this should make the Android experience must better. give it a try.
For now my choices are to find something else ( but don't have the time to do all that research again) or stick with a combination of Toodledo ( supported with Got to Do Android clinet and Pure calendar widget to show calendar and tasks together) AND a really good email based system called nudgemail.

Not ideal but as of late 2009 when I last checked , It was the best of bunch.

Also , I am currently putting something together for an ADHD consultant at our local Hospital which if taken on board should make the lives of Adult ADHD folks much better. This includes the tools above and some more centrally organised systems, which is why your post is of particular interest to me.
.Jay

Posted Jan 19, 2012 in: 2011 In Review
Score: -5
  • .Jay
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2012
  • Score: -5
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
.Jay

Posted Jan 02, 2012 in: Still no native android app?
Score: 1
  • .Jay
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2012
  • Score: 1
It's 2012,and although we have 3 months left of our pro memberships, I think its time to move on.
The only reliable Android app I have seen is no longer supported and toodledo still have nothing to offer.

Poor show toodledo!
.Jay

Posted Jun 09, 2011 in: Due Today for Android
  • .Jay
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2011
I have been using toodledo pro got to do paid and pure calendar.
A good combo BUT got to do is no longer updated and it didn't put task times on the pure calendar.
I spoke to pure calendar author (very nice man) who suggested Due today.
I. Am trialing due today free but need to know if times will show up on the paid version.
The free one isn't recognised by pure calendar.
Jay.
.Jay

Posted Mar 07, 2011 in: User Name
  • .Jay
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2011
Hi
I had a username but it was in lowercase.
SO
I went to change it and I couldn't .. I kept getting long number compbinations appended to it.
I can change it to other names but my original 3 latter name is not acceptable.

Is toodledo reserving known names? and how can I get my name back ( even in lowercase ) #
Jay
.Jay

Posted Mar 10, 2010 in: Email tasks for all tasks upto today
  • .Jay
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2010
thank you.

overdue doesn't pickup email todays tasks or "no due date" tasks.

and I cannot see another option that can do this.

I would have thought that getting a list of everything I missed yesterday and everything I need to do today was a common requirement.
Could you tell me which option I should be using?
regards
.Jay

Posted Mar 09, 2010 in: Email tasks for all tasks upto today
  • .Jay
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2010
Hi
I cannot get email tasks retrieving to work.
If I send an email with
? #today then I get todays tasks.

if I send one that says
? #before today then i get all my tasks, regardless of date.

Can someone tell me how to make this work?

What would really put the cherry on the cake would be if I can requests tasks according to my saved searches which I do not believe we can do .
Jay