ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PeterW "
PeterW 

Posted Sep 20, 2012 in: No Due Date visible in multi-line view?
Score: 0
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2012
  • Score: 0
Multiline view shows the task name and primary sort field. Change your primary sort to due date and you will see it.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2012
Sure - you can email me at pwatters3 at gmail.com.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 28, 2012
Posted by dsigetich:
Really, REALLY want manual ordering of tasks. You have it already for subtasks. Is there any hope?

Me too... I started using something else because this would be regarded as non-critical and therefore doubtful it will happen any time in the next few years.
PeterW 

Posted May 20, 2012 in: List of Skins
Score: 1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 20, 2012
  • Score: 1
Be careful - many themes there were created for the old Toodledo UI and will not work any more. Use the left navi to sort by 'Updated date'. Once you've done that, the top 7 themes are OK to use for the current Toodledo UI.
PeterW 

Posted May 17, 2012 in: Changing Format of Subtasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 17, 2012
Maybe possible with Stylish?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: May 16, 2012
Here's a free PDF writer you can install in Windows. I use it every day at work.

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
PeterW 

Posted May 09, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 09, 2012
  • Score: -1
Posted by greginfla:
PeterW surprised to learn you have switch to another product. You were(are) very helpful when I first started using this product a little over a year ago.

What product did you switch to?

Was the main reason the sub task issue?

@greg - I'm currently using Appigo's Todo Online. There were a few reasons...

1. Project/subtask handling
2. Manual sort
3. Simpler & nicer interface
4. Works better with Todo for iPhone
5. Development direction

I can expand on these further if you're interested but it probably doesn't belong in this thread. You can reach me at pwatters at live.com.au.
PeterW 

Posted May 08, 2012 in: Diamond icons next to folders
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 08, 2012
PeterW 

Posted May 08, 2012 in: Possible improvements and new features
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 08, 2012
Manual Sort Order
Task counts on Saved Searches
PeterW 

Posted May 06, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 06, 2012
Posted by Mark.M:
I've seen comments in the past from TD administrators that indicate that they do not want to be 'pressured' by their customers to deliver, by making any commitments of any specific future development roadmap. And when I see those comments, I wonder if I shouldn't be looking for another task management support, because that doesn't sound like a business philosophy at all.

Agreed. It's the reason I've wandered away from Toodledo (although I still drop in here to the forums for the discussion albeit less frequently as time goes by). There were some basic features that I really wanted but after more than two years here, I could read between the lines that they would be unlikely to ever happen. And the iOS app hasn't progressed fast enough either (in my view).
PeterW 

Posted May 06, 2012 in: New Alias Settings???
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 06, 2012
Seriously? That's ridiculous. Never saw one and it seemed to be fine before I clicked on save.

Oh well.
PeterW 

Posted May 05, 2012 in: New Alias Settings???
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 05, 2012
Just noticed this in the settings - it looks new but I don't recall it being mentioned here anywhere. Maybe I missed a memo?

Alias - This is how we display your name to collaborators and in our forums. It must be unique to all users of this website. If you pick a name that isn't unique, we will add some numbers to the end to make it unique.

Anyway, I clicked 'Save Changes' and it added numbers to my users name as you can see from this post. I assume that I am the only PeterW here so why did it add numbers to my name. I don't like it!
PeterW 

Posted May 02, 2012 in: UGH! Subtasks and exporting to an email
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: May 02, 2012
Posted by drsuds:
What I need:

Copy and paste my work tasks for my boss into an outlook office email.

An easy workaround is to just take a screenshot and put it into your email. SnagIt by TechSmith is a great tool for this kind of thing as it pops up a simple editor after you've grabbed the screen so you can trim it down to size.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
Try: http://m.toodledo.com

Data is stored offline.
PeterW 

Posted May 02, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: -1
  • PeterW 
  • Score: -1
Posted by pjlewis:
But sometimes it's difficult to understand the priorities in the workstack.

Yep.

Remember this one:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6415/0/project-handling-display-parent-name-in-sub-task.html ?
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 30, 2012
I can't answer your question but just wanted to pass this on to you: http://www.toodledo.com/referal.php

It will get you three months pro-subscription for free if you get another account signed up via the referral.
PeterW 

• PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 28, 2012
Posted by yooperz:
The problem with that suggestion for me is that I use priority settings to establish which items to do first on a given day. To use the method you're suggesting, I would need to set everything to a higher level for each day as the day started or the night before. I don't want to take the time to re-prioritize items every day. I need automation, not one more thing to mess with.

I disabled the priority field and set the due date to 1 and star = on for my hotlist and found that worked pretty much how you want it to. The problem with this is that you are using the priority field as your sort order. Maybe if you can work around this, the hotlist will become more functional for you?
PeterW 

Posted Apr 25, 2012 in: My Trusted System
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2012
It's always helpful to see someone else's system. Thanks for sharing.

Do you find the lack of task counts on the Search page an issue? The Search page in Toodledo is so powerful and makes it possible to build a really customised system, but not having task counts was a big problem for me.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 17, 2012 in: Expand notes area in displaying tasks
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2012
Yes, you can do this.

There is an icon on the blue toolbar at the top of your task list that looks like a document page. Click on that icon and all of your notes will be displayed. Click it again and they will close.
PeterW 

Posted Apr 17, 2012 in: Modify the date of task completion
  • PeterW 
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2012
Unfortunately it's not possible. It has been requested frequently for over 3 years.

Here is some history:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/9357/-47179/change-completion-date.html
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53      Next