ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by michaelkamen"
michaelkamen

Posted Mar 19, 2023 in: Grouping saved-search code statements
Score: 0
Hi folks,

Saved searches allow either a list of task conditions that must all be true, or a list of task conditions any of which will suffice. For example I can list a number of conditions separated by OR, any of which will suffice to include a task in the view. Or I can list conditions separated by AND which must all be true for each task that can appear in the view.

If I add an OR condition at the end of a list of AND conditions, then the interpreter includes tasks meeting all the AND conditions, plus any of those that meet any of the subsequent OR conditions.

Mixing ANDs and ORs also seems to produce difficult to predict results. I do not see any way to group statements to work around this problem.

If this is a limitation of TD, then please consider this a feature request. Otherwise I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,
Michael
michaelkamen

Posted Dec 22, 2021 in: Drag and Drop
Hi, this topic has been raised before, but I wanted to add my voice to it. I am thinking mainly in terms of the website application but, if possible, the ios app also. I am thinking specifically about the means of moving a task from one grouped, #1 sort-field heading (Is this clear?) to another. No doubt, there are other places, grouped by headings not determined by #1 sort field, where this feature may be useful also.
michaelkamen

Posted Dec 21, 2021 in: Two Problems
Great -- thanks!
michaelkamen

Posted Dec 20, 2021 in: Two Problems
Please ignore the first issue I reported -- I found the reason the time field was not dosplaying. It is now corrected. The 2nd issue remains, and I suspect will require programming intervention.
michaelkamen

Posted Dec 20, 2021 in: Two Problems
Not sure where to post this, so here goes:

1. Android app, Tasks, does not display a time entry field, even though that is selected as one of the default data-entry fields to display. That setting is present on both the Windows10 and Android, and works fine on Windows 10. Just not on android.

2. Android mobile app, entering text in the notes of a new task for the first time, the notes area opens but no keyboard. the latter must be coaxed by numerous clicks of kb icon and finally appears -- after entering text and saving the task, the note turns up empty. I have had to make a habit of selecting and copying the text to clipboard prior to hitting the save button, since save is not dependable for the note text.
michaelkamen

Posted Nov 04, 2020 in: Subtasks not accessible
I normally expect a task with subtasks to show an icon of ... on the left of the title area. When I click on this icon of late, it changes to a + sign and subtasks do not appear indented under it as they should. The + sign remains unless I refresh the screen. How do I get my subtasks back?

I want to add, only one task with ... to it's left displays a subtask when I click on the ....

Also, every task without subtasks has the + sign bullet. Hovering over any of them says "subtask". But I know none of them have subtasks nor are they themselves subtasks. I am quite puzzled.

This message was edited Nov 04, 2020.
michaelkamen

Would be very helpful to have a "subtask to outline" feature. This would take a task and all it's subtasks and copy (or just convert) them to Outlines as a hierarchical list. This would be especially useful as we transition to Outlines from other less effective ways we have made use of subtasks previously.
michaelkamen

Posted Jun 05, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
Can't tell you how happy I am -- I have been an outline lover since Framework 2, and later Ecco Pro. I will be demanding be assured :-)
michaelkamen

Posted Sep 25, 2011 in: Click.to shortcut for Toodledo
Score: 1
Very good point JPR.

Posted by JPR:
Very cool utility. I think I'll keep it with or without the Toodledo capability. My concern is with password security. Are there technical reasons you are aware of why the Toodledo Click.to action requires a password, vs the Gmail action which doesn't?

The Gmail action only works when you are logged in, whereas Toodledo requires a userID/password and it opens an un-encrypted Toodledo page to boot.
michaelkamen

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
Score: 2
Made a support ticket for bug noted, i.e., multi-line view retained the elongated-horizontal orientation of grid view, following change to grid view and then returning to multi-line. One then has to scroll way to the right just to find the notes icon when viewing detail in multi-line view.

Once this is corrected, the option to hide the left panel becomes, for me, much less pressing.
michaelkamen

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
Thank you -- the folder jump icon is back.

Much love,
Michael

Posted by michaelkamen:
I second the hiding of the left sidebar. It is important during periods of editing under detailed column view, to bring the desired columns into the window. Also, the edit-columns button is now way over on the right, requiring scrolling before one can even get started scrolling to the columns one wants to move or resize.

Also, when multiline view (say, Main-hotlist) is sorted first by folders (my preferred way of working), I appreciated the ability to click on the divider's folder icon and jump to the folder view for that folder, either to enter new tasks without having to set their folder, or to look up other related tasks. That jump functionality is no longer present as far as I can tell, and this is a loss for me.
michaelkamen

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
I second the hiding of the left sidebar. It is important during periods of editing under detailed column view, to bring the desired columns into the window. Also, the edit-columns button is now way over on the right, requiring scrolling before one can even get started scrolling to the columns one wants to move or resize.

Also, when multiline view (say, Main-hotlist) is sorted first by folders (my preferred way of working), I appreciated the ability to click on the divider's folder icon and jump to the folder view for that folder, either to enter new tasks without having to set their folder, or to look up other related tasks. That jump functionality is no longer present as far as I can tell, and this is a loss for me.
michaelkamen

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
Very nice enhancements. Pleasantly surprised. Took very little time to make sense. Kudos to the Toodledo team!

Addendum: I do miss the wrapping of text, although I understand the intention to allow more items to be visible at once. From my point of view it would be good to have a word-wrap option. I would set it on word-wrap for sure.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
michaelkamen

Posted Jan 13, 2010 in: Notebook and Blackberry Memo Pad
Is there a plan to provide wireless synchronization between the Toodledo Notebook and the Blackberry Memo pad application?
michaelkamen

Posted Dec 11, 2009 in: Monthly task problem
Very good -- thank you.
michaelkamen

Posted Dec 10, 2009 in: Monthly task problem
Hi,

Part 1:
I have a monthly activity that begins the 3rd Monday each month, and occupies the entire week. So, the start date can described as "3rd Mon each month", but TD appears to only allow me to use that logic with respect to the due date. Is there any way to nominate the start date as the driver, without omitting due date? I do not want to omit the due date because that is the sort I prefer and the task would wind up among the "No date" entries.

Part 2:
Wednesday before the 3rd Monday described above, I have preparations to do. I would like to be able to set a repeat starting on the "Wednesday before the 3rd Monday each month", and due on the Friday. Again, driven by the start date.

Any way or any hope?
michaelkamen

Posted Dec 04, 2009 in: Automatic Sequence Enforcement
Very cool -- thank you.
michaelkamen

Posted Dec 04, 2009 in: Automatic Sequence Enforcement
I am finding TD to be a great task list manager. I especially like the several ways that exist to characterize a task, and the ability to use subtasks.

I have one feature request, which would I believe enhance Toodledo's project management usefulness (certainly for me). Often the length of a task is not easy to predict precisely. It may take days or weeks to complete Task A. Task B may be dependant on Task A as a precedent. When I complete Task A, I now have to change the start date of Task B to the date when I am actually able to start it.

The functionality I am looking for would have the start date of task B capable of being linked to the Completion date of task A. Now, I have never seen Completion date (i.e., the date task is marked done) in my views of TD -- however I am sure it must exist internally (if not, why not)? By specifying that Task B's start date is linked to Task A's completion date (when it is marked done), the former's start date would be accurate. Due date would also be calculated by adding the specified length of Task B to the start date.

Thanks again for a great product, and I look forward to reading your comments.