ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Jim_1404874244

Score: 5
I think I found a pretty good way to use Toodledo and Siri.

1. Enable Toodledo to pick up the reminders on your phone. There are other helpful posts on how to do that in the forum.
2. Choose a "hook" for your tasks. This will be something consistent you say each time you assign a certain kind of task.
3. Once you are back at your computer all your tasks will be categorised and next to each other in the "All tasks" folder.

As an example: Say I'm walking around my house looking at all my junk that I want to sell on eBay. Every time I see something to sell I do the following:

- Push the microphone button on my headphones.
- Say "remind me to 'eBay' (eBay is the persistent hook). Then say the name of whatever the thing is. e.g. "Old surfboard".
- Siri says "OK, I'll remind you".
- You now have a task in Toodledo called "eBay old surfboard"
- You can keep doing this as you walk around your house listening to your favourite music.
- Later, at your computer, you can create a task in Toodledo called "Stuff to eBay" and easily move all those tasks under it to subtasks.

I'm doing this a lot now. Hope that's helpful. :-)

Jim

This message was edited Oct 11, 2018.
Jim_1404874244

Posted Oct 11, 2018 in: Remove a habit from the mobile app
Score: 0
I found the "Delete habit" button on my phone. Just couldn't see where to click into and see the little dropdown.

Thanks
Jim_1404874244

Posted Oct 08, 2018 in: Remove a habit from the mobile app
Hi, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to remove a habit from the mobile app. I saw how to do it in the desktop version, but then it didn't sync.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim_1404874244

Hi, Just wondering if it is possible to give a task a future start date and not see the task until then? For example, If I know I need to schedule a doctor's apt a year from now, it would be nice to not see that task until the start date arrives.

thx
Jim_1404874244

Posted Sep 18, 2016 in: Folders for Lists and Outline
Score: 3
Hi I posted a question about adding the folder functionality to Outlines and Lists last year and it was voted up several times. Still no movement.

I love Toodledo, but not giving us folders for Lists and Outlines is a shortcoming of the platform.

The goal of Toodledo is to ave a single searchable place for everything - Backup for your brain - The current state is missing the mark. It is backup for two brains seperate which can't communicate with each other - The Task and Note Brain and the OutlIne brain.

I can never remember if what I created was a Note or an Outline and I get super frustrated searching around.

Please integrate folders. :)
Jim_1404874244

Posted Sep 15, 2016 in: "Show Notification" Popup message
Every time I use Toodledo Chrome or FireFox pops up a message that Toodledo wants to show me notifications. No matter how many times I agree it always comes back again. Any thoughts?
Jim_1404874244

Hi, I'm pretty frustrated with the new notes layout as it seems to completely have broken search. The only way I can find any of my notes is to go to FireFox (I opted to use the new notes in Chrome) and view notes in FF using the old Notes view.

This is a serious disruption to my work. Maybe I'm missing something in the new layout?

Could you please advise?

Thanks,

Jim
Jim_1404874244

Posted Oct 25, 2015 in: Folders for Lists and Outline
Score: 1
Adding the folders to outines and lists will be amazing. I'll be unstoppable once you do that.
Jim_1404874244

Posted Oct 19, 2015 in: Introducing our Toodledo Brand Identity
Bridget, I've really enjoyed watching your work unfold. I'm a longtime Toodledo user and it has gotten so much better in such a short time.
Thanks for releasing the brand guidelines. Helpful for me as I work in digital and it's an interesting brand guidelines example. Probably not a high-priority, but a blog post with screenshots of the site before and after and the process you followed to figure out where to start and what to do first would be amazing. I'd love to share this with the developers and other marketers where I work. Without the context of where you guys started, where Toodledo is now, is hard to appreciate.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2015.
Jim_1404874244

Posted Aug 11, 2015 in: Search everything in Toodledo
Hi, I'm still trying to "give my life to Toodledo" - the dream is always one system that holds it all so you always know where to look - But... The problem I'm now finding is that I can't remember if I created a note, an outline, a task with a note in it, or a list. :|

Is there a way to search the entire platform?

Thanks,

Jim
Jim_1404874244

Posted Jul 08, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 2
Posted by Bridget:
Hi Toodledo users,

As mentioned above my name is Bridget and I will be taking on the roll of Visual and Interaction Design. I am happy to be joining the team and I look forward to getting started on Toodledo. Over the course of the coming year I will be working closely with our development team to make improvements in ease of use, visual aesthetics and the overall experience of Toodledo.

Please feel free to reach out to me any time. I’m happy to hear your perspective as a Toodledo user.

:)

Bridget

Hi Bridget - Great work on the new look. Toodledo's interface is finally catching up to it's clever programming.
Jim_1404874244

Posted Jun 01, 2015 in: Attach a file to a note
I'm getting used to it... Realised I could paste a drop box link into a note or a link to the Toodledo file storeage section.

I'd love to see a more robust Paste in Notes. If you could paste a screen shot that would be cool.

This message was edited Jun 01, 2015.
Jim_1404874244

Posted May 25, 2015 in: Attach a file to a note
Hi, I just upgraded to Gold, thinking I could get away from Evernote and "live" in Toodledo 100% of the time... My question is, can I attach an image or file to a note? Or are files just attachable to tasks?

Thanks,

Jim
Jim_1404874244

Posted Jan 13, 2015 in: Links in outlines
Hi - Love the outlines, great job! Do you think we could get a way to add links from items to web pages? Would be nice for processes where you have to do things online like edit a Google Doc for example.

Jim_1404874244

Posted Jul 13, 2014 in: Siri - Add more details about a task?
Thanks for the reply. One more quick question. is there even a way to get Toodledo to record the date the reminder was set via Siri?
Jim_1404874244

Posted Jul 08, 2014 in: Siri - Add more details about a task?
Hi, I just started using Siri to add tasks. It is great but is there a way to add a due date, alarm, tag or any other task info through Siri? So far I just get the task and can't add anything else.

Thanks,

JR
Jim_1404874244

Posted Mar 02, 2014 in: Future Tasks
Hi, Could you please add some more choices to when a future task becomes visible? Maybe 1-day, 3-days, 1-week, 2-weeks?

If there's a task that needs to be completed every month it's back on the list as soon as you complete it. :(
Jim_1404874244

Hi,

If I assign a task to a collaborator, is it possible to receive an email or other alert when they mark it complete?

Also, If I give someone a task can I make it so they receive a notification in their email?

THX
Jim

This message was edited Feb 21, 2013.
Jim_1404874244

Posted Jan 09, 2013 in: Checklists
Hi Toodledo Team,

I live in your program and love it. Thanks. Here is one Piece of feedback... I've just finished a book called "The Checklist Manifesto" if you have not read it I'd highly recommend it. Very interesting to read about how checklists are used in many different industries and situations and how much they help to people succeed.

Since finishing I have developed a few checklists using your Notes feature. For example, my "Ride Bike to Work" checklist helps me get out the door in the morning because there are so many things I have to remember to pack up. Bike lock, towel, soap, socks, helmet, there's literally 30 things on the list. I have a list for things to pack when I take my family to the beach. and another checklist for the steps to put together a newsletter from start to finish.

I love having the lists easily accessible on my phone and computer in Toodledo which I access all the time anyway.

I'm just wondering if there is a feature you might come up to make the notes field a bit more checklist friendly? Or possibly a sperate tab for checklists? Adding a tick box to notes gets very close to the functionality on the task side I realize, but it would be nice in some cases.

Conversely, I know I could be building these lists on the task side, but then once you check something off you need to set it up to repeat, it's not totally convenient for a list you want to use every so often, but not on any set interval.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim_1404874244

Posted Jan 06, 2013 in: Do Subtasks inherit parent atrributes?
Hi, if I have a task and I assign it a folder or a context, will all of its substasks also be in the folder or show up when I filter by that context?

My guess is "no"... I can understand why you wouldn't want it to work that way, however I'm finding it tedious to have to repeat the same action for a task with a lot of sub tasks.

Thanks.