ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by harpm"
harpm

Posted Nov 25, 2009 in: Tips on importing from RTM
Score: 0
  • harpm
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2009
  • Score: 0
I've noticed the RTM complaints and it appears there's been a flood of migration from RTM to TD. So hoping someone can help.

I know how to import from RTM via the iCal link, but the iCal tags RTM uses don't always match what TD uses so things like Folder & tags don't seem to be coming over correctly.

Does anyone have some neat tips & tricks that they ran into while migrating over?

I have hundreds of tasks, so I'm nervous to just blanket import them. Then I'll spend weeks updating the stuff that didn't come in correctly.

Thx in advance for any help!
harpm

Score: 0
  • harpm
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2009
  • Score: 0
I used Todoist for about 10 months, then switched to RTM for about 18 months and have now been on ToodleDo for a month. I paid for all of those services, if that matters at all.

Todoist is fine for starters, but kind of outgrew it and it seems like 1 guy in his basement with no export capabilities so you never know if it's just going to disappear.

RTM is very nice, but the lack of sub-tasks and what appears to be an obsession with 3rd party integrations led me to switch. In those 18 months, there was only 1 significant core functionality update and that was the Quick Add bar that they just added. Very nice, but not keen on waiting another year and half for another improvement.

Toodle Do is a horrible app name, but I like the interface. The iGoogle Gadget is WAY too feature-rich, even to the point of being unusable. The RTM gadget is pretty minimal and useful.