Search results for "Posted by Chris_45"
Chris_45

Posted Sep 28, 2018 in: Using new layout on mobile
Score: 0
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2018
  • Score: 0
Posted by pawelkaleta:
You need to check which link you are openning, most likely it's the old view.

Well I just tried it again and now it's working! You must have cast some kind of clever spell pawelkaleta ;)

Mods you can delete this now if you wish!

This message was edited Sep 28, 2018.
Chris_45

Posted Sep 27, 2018 in: Using new layout on mobile
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2018
One of the things I liked when reading about the new layout is that it would work on mobile devices. But, it doesn't on mine!

When I access it, I get the desktop version abs have to scroll to see a whole row. I thought it condensed down, or have I misunderstood?

I'm using a Samsung S7 with chrome.
Chris_45

Posted Jun 30, 2017 in: Offline access?
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Jun 30, 2017
Posted by Adrien Beau:
Posted by Chris_45:
A dedicated app which synced regularly would be perfect - I realise that's not very easy to develop though...! But it would certainly give peace of mind

You've just described the already existing Android and iPhone apps. ;-)

I already use those, but I don't keep the sync enabled for battery conservation. So once I transfer to using the browser, the todos on my app are out of date.
Chris_45

Posted Jun 29, 2017 in: Offline access?
Score: 2
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2017
  • Score: 2
With today's outage, I realised just how reliant I have got on Toodledo, and how panic-stricken and paralysed I was without it!

With that in mind, I was wondering if there are plans or developments with allowing offline access? I believe the mobile site is cached, but what about the desktop version? Does a browser even allow such a thing as this?

A dedicated app which synced regularly would be perfect - I realise that's not very easy to develop though...! But it would certainly give peace of mind

Any thoughts?
Chris_45

Posted Dec 17, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2015
Amazing, been hoping for this for ages! Great work!
Chris_45

Posted Sep 15, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
Score: 3
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2015
  • Score: 3
I am using the beta site, and the ability for the ribbon to show and hide on mouseover seems to have disappeared. Has that functionality been removed, or is there an option to turn it back on?

For my two pence worth, I do think the breadcrumb bar somewhat duplicates the functionality of the ribbon, not quite sure why both are needed. But, I still like it!
Chris_45

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: 3
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2015
  • Score: 3
I love the look of this new Ribbon! I didn't realise though how much I use the "hide" feature in the old version, to make the toolbar appear when the mouse was over it.

It seems other people have a similar issue - perhaps a keyboard shortcut to make the sidebar pop in and out would work?
Chris_45

Posted Apr 08, 2015 in: Android App Update - March 2015
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2015
Posted by UgoMars:
It keeps getting better, keep up the good work!

One thing that is still a problem is the fact that every time I ask it to sync, the app tells me: "Auto-sync Data is disabled. Toodledo requires it to be on to sync. Turn it on?"

By default, I don't auto-sync. I am more of a "pull" guy who syncs when I need to. Most apps don't have a problem with auto-sync being off, and they will simply sync when I tell them to do so without requiring auto-sync to be on.

I'm hoping this will be corrected soon. I assume this is a simple fix - although I am not a programmer, so what do I know? :-)

I'd echo this, I want to be able to sync manually without having to turn my entire autosync thing on and drain the battery!
Chris_45

Score: 1
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2014
  • Score: 1
I really agree - that's a very apposite way of putting it!

I've been with Toodledo for a long time, and the only thing that makes me stray is the look of it - nothing else does what I want it to, and does it as well!

I don't even think it's ugly, I think it's just that other sites spend SO much time on their design it suffers in comparison.
Chris_45

Posted Sep 15, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2014
Hi Bridget,

I’m overjoyed to hear Toodledo is finally having a bit of an overhaul - it’s such a great site but it does look a little aged! I have tried others to see what they’re like and none come close to the reliability and functionality of Toodledo.

My own suggestions are below:

1) The overall look: it seems superficial, but as I look at Toodledo pretty much all day it would be nice for it to look a little more modern. At the very least, I would expect to be able to customize the colour scheme - an extension is available for this but it can mess up the positioning of elements. Something to make it prettier would be wonderful.

2) Specific formatting issues
- I continually get a “warning” on the page, saying that one of my extensions is messing with the site. I believe it’s Evernote’s web clipper. It is very annoying to continually see that there, and would like the option of dismissing it permanently.
- To make the side menu “hide” I have to go through the settings menu which is tedious. I would like a button to make it appear - appear when mouseover, hide the rest of the time - hide permanently
- Calendar view: I’ve never been a fan of the small calendars on the left, a big calendar showing more detail for the month would be excellent (this used to be on the site)
- Column widths: the widths of the columns (folder, task, priority etc) can be changed a little, but there still seems to be some restrictions in place which mean even with a very wide screen monitor I can’t stretch the task title out so I can see everything. I have to put the mouseover if the title is long to see it - not very good! I’d like more freedom to change the widths however I like
- Colour coding for priorities: just using different shades of red doesn’t make the priorities very distinct. Different colours, or being able to choose colours would be great.
- Visibility of tasks: At the moment, if you remove filters to show all tasks you have to then manually go through and check everything back to make things invisible again. A toggle between filtered view and “all” view would be useful.

2) Entering tasks: I would like to see the “quick add” feature updated to use the add-task-by-email syntax. That would mean I could get tasks where I want them much much faster

3) File management: Adding files is a pain at the moment, you have click the file icon, then choose upload, then choose the files etc etc. A simple drag and drop of a file onto a task would speed things up. Being able to view files without having to download them would also be good, if this is possible from a technical standpoint (Dropbox does it)

4) Equivalence between website and apps: If a feature isn’t available on the website AND my mobile device, I won’t use it. I would like features to be available on all platforms before new ones are added. I personally haven’t used any of the new features added recently (e.g. outlines, lists) because of this.

I would stress that for me, Toodledo’s functionality is pretty much perfect - none of the issues I’ve mentioned above a deadlbreakers for me. I wouldn’t want to see anything removed or changed drastically for the sake of aesthetics.

I look forward to seeing what changes come in the future!
Chris_45

Posted Jan 20, 2014 in: Bulk deleting of folders
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Is there a way to quickly delete several folders at once on the web app?

When I started using toodledo I always archived folders when I had completed a Project. This means I now have about 20 or so "empty" folders from ages old Projects I don't need any more.

But, to delete them I have to click the trashcan and confirm the deletion for each. This is a wise feature, but I'm wondering if there's a quick way to get rid of all of them?

Thanks!
Chris_45

• Chris_45
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2012
Posted by liechr:
Chris!

How did you get the bookmarklet to the Safari bookmarks on the iPhone?

Thanks.

Christian

It was a bit of a long-winded process as you can't copy and paste javascript from mobile Safari. So, I emailed myself the javascript, and created a bookmark from that.

And of course, mobile Safari complicates this as you can only bookmark the page you're on. So you create a bookmark for any random page, then EDIT that bookmark and paste the javascript in.

I only did it to see if it's possible - I'd be better to email yourself a link to the page, to your special Toodledo email address.
Chris_45

• Chris_45
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2012
Brilliant feature! I'll be using this a lot, perfectly coincides with my work using Gmail Apps :)

EDIT: Works with Safari on iPhone too, although a little messily (that's not a criticism, I assume it's not meant for mobile browsers at this juncture)

This message was edited Aug 28, 2012.
Chris_45

Posted May 24, 2012 in: Improvements to Email Importer
Score: -1
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: May 24, 2012
  • Score: -1
Posted by JPR:
Posted by Chris:
It's been said before, but I would LOVE to see this functionality added to the "quick add" field of the main Toodledo page. Would really speed up entering tasks.

If you had a shortcut key that put focus into the quickadd box as well, that would mean you could enter a task without having to grab for the mouse.

Is that really faster than using 'n' to get to the std add task form? No mouse. No shiftkey+ syntaxing. No need to accurately type a complete name. Just Tab, first letter, tab, first letter, tab, tab, etc. I suppose there might be scenarios where it could be a tick faster, but "really speed up entering tasks"? I'm skeptical.

I can't speak for you, but yes - it would be quicker for me. That's why I said it. I find choosing what I want by first letter a little unreliable at times, as can entering the date. So the syntax - which presumably already has some kind of parsing software written for it - would be very useful.
Chris_45

Posted May 23, 2012 in: Improvements to Email Importer
Score: 1
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: May 23, 2012
  • Score: 1
It's been said before, but I would LOVE to see this functionality added to the "quick add" field of the main Toodledo page. Would really speed up entering tasks.

If you had a shortcut key that put focus into the quickadd box as well, that would mean you could enter a task without having to grab for the mouse.
Chris_45

Posted Feb 23, 2012 in: Easier hiding of sidebar
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2012
Having the sidebar "hide" is wonderful, but it would be incredibly useful if there was a quicker way to switch from "hiding" to "always there". Having to go into Settings and change it when I swap to a smaller monitor is a real pain!

There used to be a show/hide button, so this couldn't be too hard to put back in? Pa-wease?!
Chris_45

Posted Jan 07, 2012 in: Making one task dependent on another
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2012
I have a pro account, and give a task that is dependent on another an "pending" status and make it a sub task of the active task. On the website you can't check off a task that has incomplete sub tasks without an alert popping up, which will remind you to make the pending sub task current.

The downside of this is it doesn't work so well on the iPhone app as no warning appears there in this situation. But if you primarily use the web app this works pretty well.
Chris_45

• Chris_45
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2012
If you set an optionally-on due date and then have that task repeat from the completion date, what happens if that task isn't completed on the due date?

Usually, these tasks disappear. But this one is repeating; BUT it is repeated from completion and hasn't been completed!

Is the universe destroyed if you do this, as I suspect? :) Or something else?
Chris_45

Posted Dec 10, 2011 in: Integration of Tasks and Notebook
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2011
That's just for COMPLETED tasks though right? Uncompleted ones stay indefinitely?
Chris_45

Posted Dec 10, 2011 in: Integration of Tasks and Notebook
  • Chris_45
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2011
Tasks disappear after two years?! Is that definitely the case? I have materials in non-completed tasks that I want to keep indefinitely - is this a problem?
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next