ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Joyce"
Joyce

Posted Jul 10, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 5
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2019
  • Score: 5
Well I did it, I just deleted all my tasks...

I won't re-up and I'm pretty sad about this whole thing. I suppose it was good while it lasted.

I'll still read the forums now and again but I have moved on to todoist.
Joyce

Posted Jun 27, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 0
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2019
  • Score: 0
Like I said, I do get why they don't have a free level.

It simply looks like, at $100 a year they sacrifice customers like me. Probably they are aware of that. If as others have suggested, it's just two hardworking people who are inevitably playing whackamole with all the random glitches I doubt they will be interested in adding complexity.

The reality is that I'm not going to spend time learning the product because I won't pay that much money for it and that is that.
Joyce

Posted Jun 27, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2019
I'm not terribly thrilled with Marvin at the moment. I both understand why they don't have a free version and still find the really steep cost of entry too much of a nut. I really am too much of a Girl Scout to claim financial limitations when it's really a value/utility balance.

I counted 59 separate features and wonder why not offer levels starting around $10 a YEAR for maybe 5 of those features or maybe $20 for 5 a la carte features that you could switch around but only have 5 on at a time then maybe another level of $50 for 10 a la carte features.

Admittedly I know little about coding and server limits so I have no idea if my a la carte idea is even feasible.

Right now I'm playing with todoist and liking it as a free version well enough.

Ok then, I gotta get back to work!

This message was edited Jun 27, 2019.
Joyce

Posted Jun 23, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 1
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2019
  • Score: 1
Holy toledo Amazing Marvin is slick! I may have found my new home. I also like aspects of todoist, I've gotten that well set up now that I know how to set recurring tasks, I can strip out the recurrence and add it back easily enough. I have both places set up with nearly everything...We'll see how Marvin goes over the next month.

Umm, Hold the phone, Marvin is expensive!

Thats a big downside

HUGE

So you can be billed monthly for $12 $144 a year. You can buy it for a year and it's $96 or you can buy it for a lifetime (theirs or yours) for $300

The plus side is if you drop the 300 smakers you'll be done, I'm just not sure my other half will be thrilled.

This message was edited Jun 24, 2019.
Joyce

Posted Nov 28, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2018
I agree with Scott, What gives?
Joyce

Posted Nov 28, 2018 in: Repeating tasks failing to repeat
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2018
I just had a daily repeating task simply disappear. I can't even search it.

I replaced it and put an asterix in the new version in case the old task returns as mysteriously as it disappeared.
Joyce

Posted Oct 26, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2018
For me, I can manage with the individual plan, because, while I'm a gold subscriber now, that was because the old plan limited size of outlines and lists and I needed that. The only other reason, although a big reason, was subtasks.

What I actually do worry about is the price increase causing the whole thing to jump the shark. I know software engineers don't come cheap but for Power users this huge price increase is hard to swallow and if enough of these folks pull up stakes Toodledo will be in a world of hurt.

Boy do I ever hope I'm wrong.
Joyce

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2018
I have a proposal on the task history issue. Give Standard a one year look back, because it should get better than one week because that same amount of money used to buy a gold plan with full lookback. Give Plus a 5 year look back and Business the full lookback. Plus gets a 5 year lookback because if a small business CFO were to get an audit notice a 5 year lookback would help that CFO retrace steps for most years an audit could cover.

One would hope that a CFO would have extremely good records and copies of all returns. However, sometimes a breadcrumb detail will jog a memory and allow better preparation for said audit.

Now I don't know what server costs are for such things...but I can't imagine that this is that expensive.
Joyce

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 3
  • Joyce
  • Score: 3
This looks much better. While I don't use task history I can see where people want a more robust one. The exciting feature I see is that the free and standard versions allows for a single collaborator which means I could link my husband's account with mine, this is nifty because he's not someone who needs the full features but linking to my account would potentially be a big plus!!

I look forward to seeing Toodledo develop more over the next few years and I thank you for listening to us!

Joyce
Joyce

• Joyce
So the other day I built a soft landing into Todoist, I set up my tasks, without repeaters, just the tasks with notes on what the repeaters should be. I made a folder of information about it all and I made sure everything I needed from notes lists and outlines existed somewhere else and lo and behold I got an e-mail from Aaron that made me feel loads more hopeful about Toodledo.

Hopefully we'll all feel more hopeful later today!
Joyce

Posted Oct 21, 2018 in: Task notes disappearing on 1st Jan?
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2018
What about subtasks? They are not mentioned in the above grid at all. Also it mentions task notes with file uploads as a paid feature. That's why folks are concerned. It's certainly why I'm concerned. Without task notes or subtasks I'll have a hard time indeed!

This message was edited Oct 21, 2018.
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2018
The thing that has me most upset about the price increase is that I know how to use Toodledo pretty well. This really is the core of it. not notes, not lists or outlines, but the straightforward handling of tasks, be they one time or repeats. I like subtasks but I can find workarounds for them.

Most of these other services seem to hide how to do things like create repeating tasks or make turning them off complicated. (Trello, you can archive a card but that won't end the repetition. and i can't see how to delete)

RTM has people asking in its forums if its development has stalled out too.

Please don't do a price hike that causes you to ultimately jump the shark!
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2018
I had the same problem today and sent a support ticket asking them to remove my credit card from the account. I will keep you posted on how all that goes. If they charge anything on my account in the coming months I will contest the charges. No cancel button, no account management button? C'mon that's creepy!!
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2018
I'm just a little confused, I went to my subscription page and saw the "Free" "silver" @$19.99 a year and "gold" @ $29.99 no "platinum" and no "individual" Where are these hair raising new prices? I'm a little worried. Admittedly I don't use habits but I use notes, lists and outlines.
Joyce

Posted Oct 08, 2018 in: outline being strange
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2018
Mods are welcome to delete the whole thread, I figured it out,
Joyce

• Joyce
Oh for heaven sakes! My illustration didn't even hold it's indents!!

What is the point of an outline if I can't indent? Now I can't even see that button?

Color me frustrated!
Joyce

• Joyce
Undoubtedly I'm missing something, I'm writing an outline to be a packing list and so I'm indenting some items. it's supposed to look like this

Outfit for Saturday
Pants
shoes
Outfit for Sunday
Pants
Shoes

However every now and then it "Updates to the new version" and all my indents are lost. What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks very much
Joyce

• Joyce
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2017
I'm right there with everyone else, communicate please!

Also, there have been no how to videos for the new task section and it's enough different that folks will get confused and frustrated.
Joyce

Posted Sep 12, 2017 in: How do i show completed tasks
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2017
look for the eye, click on that and it will show recently completed tasks.

it's a place I nearly never go, 75% of my task list is daily or weekly repeated tasks! LOL!
Joyce

Posted Aug 09, 2017 in: Notes Editor
  • Joyce
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2017
Frogboy, that is an excellent idea for a work around! I will probably build such a thing, seeing as I've done it on the fly in the past.

One could also do a fast copy paste from that and have a farm of them moved into the note you are working on do you needn't flip from tab to tab.

Thanks!!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next