ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Maximillia007

Posted Dec 23, 2009 in: Finally got my iPhone and Toodleo App.
Score: 0
Can anyone offer a suggestion to sync Outlook tasks to iPhone tasks using GTD principles? My current path is Outlook to Toodledo to iPhone. The Toodledo to iPhone leg syncs well; the Outlook to Toodledo leg not so well.

I have to admit, I am relatively new to GTD. I can't believe it has taken me this long to start using this excellent work flow for handling tasks!

Much like Proximo, I recently purchased an iPhone which I love. My goal is to be able to sync my Outlook tasks with my iPhone tasks. Since my company does not support iPhones, I am trying it on my own.

I have been experimenting with both WebIS Pocket Informant and Appigo ToDo. Both have some really nice features, but Pocket Informant seems to have features I like better linked to GTD such as a simple selection from home screen to review the Projects list, a Context selection, etc. (it's features map very well to OmniFocus). Pocket Informant seems to sync with little issue to Toodledo.

I have also been experimenting with the NetCentric Getting Things Done Outlook Add-In. Since the majority of my "stuff" comes in from Outlook email, this add-in really seems to help me manage the hundreds of emails I get with the associated action items.

I have downloaded the Chromatic Dragon Toodledo Sync Application to sync Outlook tasks to Toodledo. The mappings in this allow "Map Outlook Categories to Toodledo Folders" or "Map Outlook Categories to Toodledo Contexts". The NetCentric add-in uses the Outlook Categories for the Context. It sets projects up as sub-tasks. Therefore, I chose "Map Outlook Categories to Toodledo Contexts" which works fine. However, there is no link to the Projects.

Has anyone tried to sync Outlook set up for GTD to a GTD iPhone app?

This message was edited Dec 23, 2009.