ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dannyw0011"
dannyw0011

Posted Dec 23, 2015 in: Toodledo 2015 - The Year in Review
Score: 1
I'm very pleased with your efforts in 2015. Toodledo has a much more pleasing GUI than when I first started using it. And like Salgud, I am looking forward to the emphasis on the Tasks section.
dannyw0011

Score: 0
You could use your browser's zoom feature to zoom out as needed.
dannyw0011

Posted Sep 15, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
While I think both the Ribbon and the Breadcrumb Bar are an improvement over the old design, I believe I prefer the Breadcrumb Bar. While not as polished graphically, I like the drill down to what I'm looking for. I believe it would be great to have an option of displaying and using either of them.

And welcome back, Salgud. You had been gone for so long, I thought you must had departed for the great beyond!
dannyw0011

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
That's what I get for not checking before posting. I have Toodledo set up the way I am comfortable with and haven't looked at the customization features in a long time. Apparently, a very long time...
dannyw0011

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Love the new ribbon, as well as all the new design features you've implemented. I especially like how more of the horizontal area is available for tasks.

One thing that crossed my mind as I collapsed the ribbon was that it would be very handy to be able to adjust the column widths as needed, directly from the task screen, in the same manner as Excel. And perhaps to right click column headers to either hide or unhide and arrange as needed. Has this been mentioned before?
dannyw0011

Posted Aug 14, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
Just wanted to say that you are definitely on the right track with making Toodledo more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The overall look now is tremendously better than previous UI's. And I appreciate the new progress reports you make which helps users understand that work is actually going on. You will not make 100% of the users happy 100% of the time, but I think most of the silent majority are pleased. Keep up the good work, and remember to also keep your eye on improvements to core functionality.
dannyw0011

Posted Nov 05, 2014 in: Progress Report - October 2014
Posted by alexandremrj_14000...:
Care to tell us about the secret project?

He could tell you, but then he would have to kill you
dannyw0011

Posted Nov 03, 2014 in: Progress Report - October 2014
Jake, I think this is a step in the right direction. Thanks for letting us know that improvements are still going on.
dannyw0011

Posted Sep 16, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Phase 1
The new design made me do a double take when I signed in. Looks great!
dannyw0011

Posted Sep 11, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Good news to hear! Over the years, the UI has often been riduculed, but some of us only know what doesn't look right or function smoothly without knowing how best to correct it. It's good to know someone with a background in design will be looking at it.

And personally, I think one of the top priorities should be rich text formatting of notes, which is something that is desperately needed for both aesthetics and functionality.
dannyw0011

Posted Aug 22, 2014 in: Rich Text?
And there may never be a Renaissance
dannyw0011

Posted Jul 22, 2014 in: Finally dropping my TD grocery list
I had used List Master for Android for several years as my grocery list, but had been looking for something else as it had become crash prone and the developer seemed to have stopped work on it. After reviewing several apps, I too settled on Mighty Grocery. I'm still getting it set up the way I want on the free version of the app so I can test it.

I wanted an app with a actual pick list that I could check against when preparing a shopping list. Unlike Mighty Grocery, this seemed to be rarity among the other apps.

If it meets my needs, I'll purchase the app for myself and my wife for syncing purposes. Ben, have you had any hiccups with the sync?
dannyw0011

I’m very much interested in 2-step authentication; however, I have a couple of questions before attempting to implement it.

1) How do you get the phone app that generates and displays the one-time code? And is there an app for both iPhone and Android?

2) I use Ultimate ToDo List on my Android phone. Until it upgrades to support 2-step authentication, how would I go about setting up an application specific password (as opposed to the normal Toodledo password)? Is this set up within Toodledo or UTDL?
dannyw0011

Posted Apr 17, 2014 in: Update: Sort Individual Lists Uniquely
Thank you! This was the biggest issue I had with Toodledo. This will make life much easier.
dannyw0011

Score: 3
I think you may need to make certain you're being effective first and foremost. Then concentrate on being efficient. Otherwise, you may never reach any of your goals. At times we find ourselves feeling that we're spinning our wheels day after day with no clear way to remove ourselves from that regime. And the more hectic our lives become, the faster we spin, but we realize one day that we're going absolutely nowhere. We may be an efficient wheel spinner, but we find out that isn't an effective way to reach any of our goals.

With your two young children, you have basic responsibilities that must be taken care of day after day. As you note, taking care of your children are your top priority, and that is as it should be. Those responsibilities are non-negotiable. Decide what those responsibilities are, and be as efficient as you can at completing them. Speaking from experience, it's important to remember that in the interest of time, we sometimes need to work towards a satisfactory completion instead of striving for a perfect one.

Take your other two priorities or goals, which appear to be getting your household in order and preparing to return to the work force. Set dates that you want to have each completed, and then break them down into large steps, and break those large steps into smaller, manageable steps. Set completion dates for the major steps to make certain you stay on track to meeting your overall goal. And make certain to work towards completing at least one small step each day.

Every journey begins with a single step. And each person's journey is different from everyone else's. The journey may not always be easy, but if there were no valleys, there would also be no mountains.

Good luck!
dannyw0011

Thanks for the reply. Formatting for the "long text" in the Lists section is exactly what I've been hoping for. I can imagine that implementing such a feature in a new section of your database such as Lists is easier than trying to modify a much more complicated section such as Tasks. However, I hope your future timeframe is more a near future, rather than later (and if I had formatting, I would have put this last sentence in red underlined text).

Thanks for your continuing development. I find Toodledo unsurpassed in the features I need.
dannyw0011

While your message is deleted, I see your title. I totally agree that a WYSIWIG note editor is needed, but Toodledo notes are BASIC (did I say BASIC?), and I'm beginning to suspect that we'll never see anything more than HTML tags. I still use them, and find them helpful, but a polished note editor may never appear. And unlike some sites that roadmap their development, Toodledo definitely takes an opposite business model.

Hope I'm wrong about the editor though. If one appears from your support ticket, I will definitely start submitting more tickets myself!
dannyw0011

Posted Oct 23, 2013 in: Any way to see a Task create date?
Score: -1
You can click the circular Actions icon to the left of the task, and it will show you when the task was created, but you have to do it for each individual task.
dannyw0011

Posted Oct 14, 2013 in: Better Note Editor Needed!
Jake, could you elaborate a little further on your comment? Editing a note in Word with bold, italicized, underlined, and bulleted, and then copying and pasting into a Toodledo note only brings across the bulleted items for me. Bold, italicized, and underlined text doesn't come across. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your reply.
dannyw0011

Posted Oct 09, 2013 in: Feature Request - Web Page - Search
While not a function of Toodledo, I do this by going to the All Tasks folder, showing details, and then using Chrome's find feature to search for the keyword I'm looking for.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next