ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
eric

Score: 1
  • eric
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2012
  • Score: 1
Hi, I see you say you're new to both GTD and Toodledo, so I thought this might clarify things a bit. I want to point out up front, I don't have stellar answer for you, just an observation, and how I've dealt with it.

Here it is: What to do with tasks set as "project folders" and sub-tasks, is a Toodledo question (some might say problem). It isn't a much of a GTD problem.

Here's how I've dealt with it - it may be too distant from your setup for you to feel comfortable with, but I use folders to house areas of responsibility (ie..friends & family) and larger, multi-project things that will be around for a few months.

My project-task, and its subtasks live in the relevant folder.

I use the status field to assign next action, waiting for, etc.. to each sub-task. The project task is differentiated by assigning a status of "reference", since it isn't actually actionable.

It ain't perfect, but in my opinion, and I've stuck with Toodledo for awhile now, they would really benefit from allowing nested folders, like we have all had on our desktop computers for decades now...

Good luck! Hope someone comes along with something more helpful if this didn't do much for you.

This message was edited Apr 09, 2012.