ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by akingbfd"
akingbfd

Posted Feb 13, 2010 in: Mark Forster's Autofocus
Score: -1
  • akingbfd
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2010
  • Score: -1
I too am getting bogged down, but I think I need to move the "someday list tasks" to a -1 priority and hide them until I have a little "woulda coulda shoulda" time.

Don't they make medicine for people who can't let things go:-)
akingbfd

Posted Feb 13, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
Score: 0
  • akingbfd
  • Score: 0
Posted by Vin Thomas:
Posted by akingbfd:
how are tags different from context? what are some of your common tags?

Tags can be anything you want. Context would be something you add to denote the place/resource used to complete the task (phone, home, work, store, etc).

Also, a task can have multiple tags, but not contexts. I don't use either field, but if I did I would probably only use tags and just tag a task like so:

Get Milk (tags = groceries, @store)

Less clutter in the app the better!

I started using tags and really like it too. I decided that tags are the person(s) name that I need to interact to help complete the task. If it is only me, no tag. Now I can list all tags in a folder view that is ranked by # of items. Now when I meet with the boss, I sort by his tag or view his folder. He likes it now when I ask him to help me prioritize my work based upon his needs! BTW, my folders are essential separate areas of responsibility - not a person. AWESOME
akingbfd

• akingbfd
I have been using TD for a month without taskjot. When I'm out and about, I email toddledo from my BB and it adds the item to my list.

I have not figured out how to email the task with the correct folder or any other fields. I just fix that when I get back to my Mac.

I have just started my 14 day trial with taskjot and will see how it goes. I already am reluctant based ont he pricing scheme. I pay TD $15/year for a great product that I use all day everyday that is extremely powerful. BUT to have it on my BB, I must pay that again for an interface??? How about $7.50 annually for a convenience fee and turn on all the features.

I'll report back soon.
akingbfd

Posted Feb 07, 2010 in: Tips needed
  • akingbfd
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2010
the folder view really helps me accomplish this easily. i have about 300 items, 20 folders, 2 contexts. i look by folder very often based upon what i need to get done in any given area.
akingbfd

Posted Jan 22, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
  • akingbfd
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2010
how are tags different from context? what are some of your common tags?