ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by tcbeatie"
tcbeatie

Posted Aug 18, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 3
  • tcbeatie
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2011
  • Score: 3
One feature that I didn't even realize was one that I've lost is the ability to have multiple ToodleDo windows open, maintaining different contexts.

If I have a 'Work' context and open another window, and switch to a 'Home' context, if I go back to the first window and select Tasks, it refreshes as the 'Home' context.

I would love for each browser window to maintain its own context settings.

Thanks!
tcbeatie

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • tcbeatie
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2011
  • Score: -1
I just wanted to start by saying that I love ToodleDo. My life has been 1000% more efficient since I started using it a couple of years ago.

That said, this redesign caught me COMPLETELY by surprise. I just hit reload and *POOF* there was a new reality before my eyes.

Now, I think I like the format, and it's just a matter of getting used to it, but some sort of warning would have been awesome.
tcbeatie

Posted Apr 20, 2011 in: Exporting read-only views
Score: 0
  • tcbeatie
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2011
  • Score: 0
I expect I preach to a few choirs here, but I wanted to say how much I love ToodleDo. It has quite literally changed my life. I can now manage more things more efficiently than ever before.

What I would also love would be a way to export a read-only version of a specific view (Work Context sorted by Importance, say) for others to see.

Whether this export was a Google or Confluence widget, static html, or even csv, I care much less about.

Just sayin'.
tcbeatie

• tcbeatie
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for responding. Can you suggest any work-arounds? If I were to forego the first concern, is there a way to display a publicly-shared folder as a read-only importance/priority sorted list on a webpage as a widget?
tcbeatie

• tcbeatie
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2011
I've been a loyal user of ToodleDo for my personal and household tasks for over a year now. I can't imagine life without it.

I just started a job, and have been using a grossly underwhelming todo list under our Confluence wiki to manage work tasks. I'd like to use ToodleDo, but those tasks need to be shared with my colleagues. One of whom uses ToodleDo for just work, and put the Google Widget into his wiki page. Of course, when I go to his page, I see my list, not his.

What I'd like to do is to have some sort of widget, be it Google or otherwise, where I can display my ToodleDo 'Work' tasks for anyone at work to see. I know that I can share that folder (as near as I can tell, by making everything else private and enabling public sharing), but I see two problems with this scenario;

1) My work todo is then fully public. While there's some "security through obfuscation" by the use of random characters in the URL, it would be great to have it remain private so that potentially confidential work operations remain so.

2) Access to the shared folder is then a 'pull' mechanism, whereas I would like the 'push' of a widget to a wiki page that can be displayed

Are there any ways to display a folder, preferably with some sorting by priority or importance, as a gadget on a web page?