ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by john"
john

Posted Aug 24, 2015 in: Icons have gone!
Score: 0
  • john
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2015
  • Score: 0
All of my icons have disappeared! This is on safari, firefox and chrome. I have a silver subscription and am using Mac OS X 10.10.5

No other website affected, only Toodledo.

Fix please, unusable at moment!

PS just checked and same on Windows 8 laptop using Firefox

This message was edited Aug 24, 2015.
john

Posted Aug 24, 2015 in: Progress Report - July 2015
  • john
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2015
All of my icons have disappeared! This is on safari, firefox and chrome. I have a silver subscription and am using Mac OS X 10.10.5

No other website affected, only Toodledo.

Fix please, unusable at moment!

PS just checked and same on Windows 8 laptop

This message was edited Aug 24, 2015.
john

Posted May 21, 2015 in: Links to files in Finder
  • john
  • Posted: May 21, 2015
I see that if I upgrade to Gold from Silver I can attach files to a task. But it seems I have to upload the file to Toodledo.

Is it possible to link a file to a task, or to a note within a task? Or have a link show in the notes section (I'm using Finder on Mac). This would be so useful for getting on with a project, as I could quickly locate the relevant files.
john

Posted Dec 21, 2014 in: Lists on iPhone App
  • john
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2014
There is a work-around I use.

On the web version:
Create a folder called Shopping, or whatever.
In Notes, create a note called Shopping List.
Add your items to the note.
Link the note with the Shopping Folder.

In iOS:
Sync.
Open Notes.
Open the Shopping List.

It syncs both ways as well!
john

Posted Dec 21, 2014 in: Siri, Mac Reminders and IFTTT
  • john
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2014
I have set up a couple of IFTTT recipes so I can use Siri to add reminders to my tasks.

They work, but not as I had expected, and I wonder if anyone can help?

Recipe 1. Reminders triggers Toodledo. This sends it to the web page with no date as the due date and, without syncing, to the iPad with today's date as the due date, whatever date I put into the reminder. Then when I sync iPad with the webpage I have two versions of the task, none of them with the right date.

Recipe 2. Reminders triggers Gmail which sends an email to my Toodledo email address. As long as I say "hashtag" before I say the date, this works as expected on the web. Eg, "phone Jim #tomorrow", turns up in the web page as "phone Jim" with a due date of tomorrow. However, without syncing, on the iPad it turns up as "phone Jim #tomorrow" with a due date of today. Again, syncing the iPad creates two versions of the task.

The only way I can see to do it at the moment to avoid confusion is to turn off Allow Toodledo To Access Reminders in the iPad settings, and then sync iPad Toodledo before I use it. The problem with that is I might not have WiFi, and when I look at my Toodledo tasks on the iPad, which I synced before I left home, forget I had added something to reminders.

Or I could delete the iPad Toodledo entry and then sync.

Or does someone know a way to make dates work with Toodledo'd own sync with reminders?

Confused? I know I am.

So it is feasible to use Siri, but not in a logical and foolproof way.

Has anyone got a recipe that works properly for both iPad and web page?
john

Posted Aug 07, 2014 in: Email interaction
  • john
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2014
I love that I can forward an email to my Toodledo email and have it appear as a to do item. I find it works well and saves me a ton of typing and going to and fro as it puts the body of the email in the notes section.

But how possible would it be for the body of the email, where it was HTML, to appear as HTML in the notes?
john

Posted Aug 23, 2011 in: Toodledo problems in FF6 and IE7
  • john
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2011
In FireFox 6 (6.0) Toodledo loads instantly but then is taking a long time (1 to 3 minutes) to redraw each page when I select any item, eg, Main, Search, etc.

In IE7 the page is drawn wrong, with the main items misplaced to the left and down and overwriting the left hand column.

In Chrome, when used at the same time, everything is fine (ver 13.0.782.112 m)

I am using Windows XP pro.

I have tried starting FF in safe mode without add ons, it makes no difference

Is there a problem with Toodledo?
john

Posted Sep 06, 2010 in: ToodleDo "Slowing Down"?
  • john
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2010
I understand the reply to the original question, but it does not work like that for me. On first invoking Toodledo in Firefox I get a mostly blank page and then after a couple or three seconds my list appears. But clicking New Task - either before the full page has loaded or soon after - entails a wait of about 12 - 15 seconds before it opens the New Task box. This only happens the first time in a session however - if I close Toodledo and then open it up again during the same FF session, it all works within 2 seconds. Any idea why?
john

• john
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2010
Just wnat to add my voice to the consensus here. To be able to multi edit several items at once without doing a serach just by checking a box or ctrl click seems to me a basic thing. Please implement this.
john

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Change Multiple Items at once
  • john
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2010
I see this has been a request for a couple of years. Now that the code has been overhauled, is this a possibilty? When I start up in the morning, I change all of yesterdays items that I did not do (sadly, usually quite a lot!) into Today items. It would be nice to select them all and change them with one click.
john

Posted Apr 23, 2010 in: Times out by one hour on iPhone app
  • john
  • Posted: Apr 23, 2010
Marphod - I cannot find any mention of BST/UTC in the iPhone settings under date and time. Could you tell me where to find it?

But in any case, if these settings were wrong, the other apps that use time, such as the alarm, would be wrong too, wouldn't they? It is only in Toodledo this problem appears.
john

Posted Apr 22, 2010 in: Times out by one hour on iPhone app
  • john
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2010
PS The thumbwheel works fine in other apps, eg the alarm
john

Posted Apr 22, 2010 in: Times out by one hour on iPhone app
  • john
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2010
My iPhone shows the correct time.
The web site ToodleDo shows the correct time.
When I synchronise the iPhone with the web site, the web site displays exactly the same time as the iPhone and vice versa.

The problem is that the thumbwheel on the iPhone is 1 hour out. (eg I set the thumbwheel within Toodledo to 14:00 and it shows as 15:00 when the task is viewed.
john

Posted Apr 20, 2010 in: Times out by one hour on iPhone app
  • john
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2010
When I set the time of a task on the thumb wheel on my iPhone app, it shows it as one hour later when the task is displayed. This is obviously something to do with BST (I am in UK) as it only started happening since the clocks went forward. But I cannot see how to alter this in the apps settings. Any ideas?
john

Posted Jan 21, 2010 in: Due dates in Toodledo iphone app
  • john
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2010
How do I set a due date that is more than a few days ahead in Toodle do app for the iphone? I cannot see how to do it, it only lets me input next week, month or year, not a specific date. Am I missing something? Is there a date wheel that I cannot find?