ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
mstave

Posted Feb 09, 2010 in: Any suggests for GTD with iterations?
Score: 0
  • mstave
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2010
  • Score: 0
I use:

Star: do this now, or "these, today"
Status - next action : one per project (folder) unless it's important to parallelize. Choose next star from here
Status - action : choose next next action from here, usually by priority
Status - someday : revisit these periodically - such as at your iteration boundaries

I use other stuff too but it's not directly related to your question.
mstave

Posted Feb 09, 2010 in: Problems getting tasks from Jott
  • mstave
I've found that within the Jott iPhone app, if I select links - toodledo THEN hit record it forwards it correctly. As one can only click so many buttons in a lifetime, I hate to squander some here rather than having it understand the link verbally.
mstave

Posted Feb 09, 2010 in: iPhone filter for Folders
  • mstave
You can show tasks by folder on the iPhone - though you may have to enable it under Settings : Fields.

Do you mean within by folder within a context?
mstave

Posted Feb 05, 2010 in: Schedule based on not just folder
  • mstave
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2010
It would be useful for me to be able to have the scheduler pull tasks from a specific goal (or context) rather than from a folder.

Thank you for your consideration.
mstave

Posted Feb 05, 2010 in: Problems getting tasks from Jott
  • mstave
Posted by Toodledo:
I don't know. I'll have to look into this. We stopped developing for Jott when they started charging us money to integrate with their service. It's kinda silly to charge developers to expand their product, in my opinion. Anyway, you might try using Dial2Do, which does the same thing, but is free.

Thank you for the response, hopefully you'll find something.

I think the version of Dial2Do that integrates with Your Fine Stuff is no longer free, though. $39.99/year
$3.99/month - I was doing the pay as you go plan with Jott (something like $4 / 15 minutes of transcription) which would have been cheaper for the light usage I have.

Jott was acquired by Nuance recently, last month they made their support forum read-only, and their last entry in their blog was to pitch a new product (Dragon Dictation) which has considerable overlap to say the least. All those things don't bode well for Jott's future. I hope I'm misreading the tea leaves.
mstave

Posted Feb 05, 2010 in: Filtering optional tasks
  • mstave
Perhaps giving them a lower priority would help differentiate them.
mstave

Posted Feb 04, 2010 in: Problems getting tasks from Jott
  • mstave
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2010
I have a pro TD subscription as of yesterday, pay-as-you go from Jott. I set up the link, the feedback from that process indicated it succeeded.

I tried 4 times from the iPhone Jott app to get Jott to recognize "toodleedo" with various pronunciations. None worked. Their interpretation of one was "Dude, do [xyz]" was by far my favorite, but not particularly helpful. So I changed the link in Jott to be "task". It said "create new link to toodledo" (or something like that), and I said yes.

Jott recognized one subsequent item as "task, test one" and another as "task test two".

But nothing is showing up in TD, been a few hours.

Any idea?

This message was edited Feb 04, 2010.