ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
tarnf

Score: 0
  • tarnf
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2010
  • Score: 0
A couple corrections and comments from a user of both OmniFocus and Toodledo Pro.

You can run OmniFocus just on the iPhone, with syncing to any WebDav service, such as MobileMe, to have cloud backups. That has been my solution for a while. Having a PC/Mac version running and/or web access to it would make editing easier of course.

OmniFocus can create tasks with contexts that are not in projects. This will make the task leave the Inbox and show up only in the list for that Context. On the Mac that is supposed to be editable -- you can say you want it to still show up in the Inbox if it has a context but no project.

Sync for OmniFocus from the iPhone to MobileMe used to suck. However, it is now quite decent (for me). This is due to (1) resetting a sync to a deleted calendar and (2) their updates which focused on sync speed.

I should say that I really want to like and use Toodledo. I'm in a mixed PC, Mac, and iPhone world and the web access for Toodledo is great. But I just don't know if I can live without sequential projects, where Next Action gets automatically percolated down. I have sequenced projects with 20-30 steps that get regularly tweaked. Neither having all those subtasks show up at once, nor having to manually set the Next Action for every one, nor having to do one of the hacks to sort them out is really viable for me.

Right now, Toodledo just falls down for sequential projects. For almost everything else it is either very good, or good enough. Sure it has some warts (like no Inbox built in, Hotlist not configurable by Status, etc.), but in general it is very usable. I'm just sort of holding on (for not too much longer) hoping that Toodledo will get sequential subtasks right -- which means they need to rethink their parent tasks. Parent tasks are not regular tasks, they are Projects, and need a different set of attributes to make this all work.

Anyway, soapbox off, hope the comments are helpful.

Ciao.