ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Tallwide"
Tallwide

Posted Jan 18, 2015 in: Tasks
Score: 0
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2015
  • Score: 0
You can get go to the Help / FAQ page and type in roll-over for a couple of different thoughts TD has about this. What I do is go to Search, search for Tasks that are Not Complete AND have a Due Date before Today, then do Multi-Edit to change the Due Date to Today. Don't forget to check the little box(es) on the Multi-Edit field, or the changes won't "take."
Tallwide

Posted Dec 17, 2014 in: How do I get just one Task to print?
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2014
I understand the non-paper orientation, but if I have a lot of notes on a task, I've had to print the task out for coworkers sometimes. I guess I can change the Settings when I have a need to print a Task to display multi-line, hit the triangle, print, then change the display back to one line. Having the Note icon on the one-line screen has a lot of value to me.

Or, I can just do the Copy and Paste into a Word Processor, as above.

Just wanted to check if I was "holding my tongue wrong" and there was an easier way to accomplish a print. Thanks for the info, Jake!
Tallwide

Posted Dec 12, 2014 in: How do I get just one Task to print?
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2014
When I do "multi-line" view in Settings, Notes don't show up AT ALL -- not in Permanent Link, not even in the Task list! The only way I've been able to get a print of everything (Task and Notes) is to do a copy and paste into a word processor. This works, but obviously is very clunky, so was hoping I could do an Isolate a Task AND print just that Task and its Note from within TD. Thanks to your reminder, I can do the Permanent Link and thereby isolate the Task, but printing it - or even reading it on the screen for that matter - is what I've not been able to do.
Tallwide

Posted Dec 09, 2014 in: How do I get just one Task to print?
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2014
Ah, yes, that was it, thanks.

Only problem with that, though, is if there's a lot of text on any lines, the print will truncate the text. (That is, it doesn't display after it's been entered the same as it looks while editing - which appears to be the old Pica type.) Is there a ready workaround for that, or is the solution to force line breaks so it all fits?

Again, thanks.
Tallwide

Posted Dec 08, 2014 in: How do I get just one Task to print?
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Dec 08, 2014
I often use the Notes field of a Task to remind myself of what all needs to be done with that particular Task, or what actions have been taken before, or what contacts have already been made, etc.

Sometimes it'd be nice to be able to print a sheet with all that info on it. Seems like I used to know how to do it, but I've forgotten. Refresher, please? Thanks.

This message was edited Dec 08, 2014.
Tallwide

Posted Aug 17, 2012 in: Emailing tasks / capitalization
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2012
I've noticed that whenever I've emailed one of my tasks to someone (which I do to follow up on their progress with something I've asked them to do), all capitalization is stripped out and everything is sent lower-case. Is this the result of some setting I've got, or is this the way TD always works?

Thanks!
Tallwide

Posted Apr 04, 2012 in: Print task?
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Apr 04, 2012
Ah, what a difference a little knowledge makes. I haven't got it completely figured out font-wise, but what I get now is certainly better than before. Thanks!
Tallwide

Posted Apr 03, 2012 in: Print task?
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2012
Got it. Never knew what that was for before, and it does indeed allow a print. That's very helpful. Can the font size on the print be readily increased, so as to make it more legible?
Tallwide

Posted Apr 03, 2012 in: Print task?
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2012
I apologize if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it in Search. I have extensive notes in some of my tasks, and would like to be able to print out just one task with its notes. Is there a ready way to do this?

Thanks!
Tallwide

Posted Oct 07, 2011 in: Email a task?
  • Tallwide
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2011
A follow-on question about e-mailing a task: when I email a task to someone from my desktop, it strips all the capital letters out. This does not happen when emailing from the iPod. Email for both is Gmail. Is this perhaps a setting in my desktop somewhere that I need to change? Thanks! This is a great feature, by the way.

This message was edited Oct 07, 2011.