ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by lawlist"
lawlist

Posted Apr 03, 2014 in: Org-Toodledo for Emacs
Score: 0
  • lawlist
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2014
  • Score: 0
I've been using it to run my law practice calendar for the past 6 months and am very happy with it. I've also set it up to generate a calendar view for 3-months and 12-months. https://github.com/lawlist/calendar-yearly-scroll-by-month If you need help, post a comment on Github or sign-up for stackoverflow and superuser -- they both have Emacs tags -- superuser is just for usage type stuff, and stackoverflow is for a specific programming question.

I don't think these Toodledo forums generate e-mails when a post or reply is made, so the next time I check back here may be in a few months.

This message was edited Apr 03, 2014.
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2013
Workaround: By using the Emacs function`M-x load-library` subsequent to each modification of a library (e.g., `org-toodledo.el`) , a user can keep Emacs open without requesting a new token -- unless the core functionality is being tweaked.
lawlist

Posted Aug 17, 2013 in: Toodledo Mac Menu Bar App
  • lawlist
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2013
Very nice idea -- please keep up the development of this application -- greatly appreciated !!!! :)

And, like the other user said, 10.6 compatability for all three of my computers is awesome. Many people still use Snow Leopard because it so reliable, and has access to older Rosetta apps.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2013.
lawlist

Posted Jul 30, 2013 in: Setting up contacts and related fields.
  • lawlist
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2013
Thank you for the suggestion. I just checked Toodledo's iPhone app, and they don't yet have synchronization for outlines. On the Mac, I'm using Emacs to synchronize tasks with Toodledo and it doesn't handle notes or outlines.

I've set up a couple of tasks already with a folder "CONTACT" and that permits synchronizing with all mobile devices and the Mac, but the notes field will vary depending upon the contact information. My concern will be whether a few hundred contacts plus a couple of hundred tasks will bog things down -- I haven't yet tested the upper limits of synchronization. There are a few apps for mobile devices and desktop applications that filter by folder, so this system is doable, but not custom tailored to contacts.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2013.
lawlist

Posted Jul 26, 2013 in: Toodledo & iCal -- anyone using it?
  • lawlist
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2013
I have spent countless hours on this issue. You cannot presently use iCal or BusyCal if the goal is 2-way synchronization with Toodledo and multiple computers and hand-held devices. My most recent approach is to set up events as a folder on Toodledo, and tasks as a different folder. iOS ezTodo can filter the calendar view by folder (it is the only app of which I am aware of for iOS -- Ultimate To-Do List for other smartphones looked really good in the write-ups), so you are only looking at events for your appointment schedule if that interests you. I am synchronizing with . . . -- you probably don't want to hear this -- Emacs for OSX using a Toodledo lisp plugin / program. I am now setting up contacts and am looking for the best way to handle this. Essentially, my mobile devices and other computers all need to use the same system. Appigo Sync that worked with SyncServices has been discontinued. BusyCal developers are not interested in Toodledo. Your best bet for OSX is going to be TaskUnifier, which is just missing some keyboard shortcuts to be really efficient -- the icons don't have names underneath them on the toolbar, but that is a small price to pay for efficient synchronization with Toodledo on OSX. Spend the 10 or 15 dollars and buy the Toodledo plugin for TaskUnifer -- you won't regret it -- TaskUnifier lets you modify multiple todo all in one fell swoop, which is worth its weight in gold. Todo and 2Do are interesting for OSX, but I'm running a business and need calendar view and 3 levels of sorting criteria. TaskUnifier has calendar view that filters by folder so you can view only events (appointments).

This message was edited Jul 27, 2013.
lawlist

Posted Jul 26, 2013 in: Setting up contacts and related fields.
  • lawlist
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2013
Can anyone please share with me a good system to set up contacts with Toodledo. My initial thinking is to set up a folder called Contacts and have the initial line be the whole name, and everything else be notes. However, it would be nicer to have fields for firm name, address1, address2, city, state, zip, tel, fax, cell, email, etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I already have my tasks and events synchronizing with Toodledo and I have signed up for a pro account, and it would be nice to have the whole kitten caboodle under one roof.
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Jun 26, 2013
I received a response from the maintainer of the Emacs Toodledo sync package and it appears that the utility works properly, but that a user cannot run more than ten successive tests in a one hour period if the Emacs application is closed and opened again. The maintainer has included a test script as a workaround to the Excessive Tokens restriction imposed by Toodledo so that a user can modify the script as needed without reaching the limit of synchronizations:

https://github.com/christopherjwhite/org-toodledo/issues/19#issuecomment-20040414
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2013
Unfortunately, the Emacs lisp Toodledo sync does not appear to be a hot ticket item for the world at large. So, unless I'm willing to spend the time learning about the Toodledo API and fixing it myself, I'm probably out of luck unless I just want to do a few synchronizations a day. Tonight, I only ran about ten different tests of 10 tasks per test before being locked out with the Excessive Token issue. This is certainly disappointing -- :( I would sign up again for the pro account if my Excessive Tokens could be increased by a significant factor, or completely eliminated.
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Jun 24, 2013
I need to renew my pro subscription, but I am concerned that Toodledo is simply not reliable due to the Excessive Tokens restriction. I have never used Toodledo for business, but I'd like to someday. Last year I experienced the same issue because I have about 150 tasks and could not synchronize all of them and had to do it in a couple of stages over a period of several hours. Now, I'm just experimenting with a few tasks by trying to synchronize with Emacs and once again the Excessive Tokens issue. Is this Toodledo service for anyone other than just people with a few tasks like buying the groceries?

This message was edited Jun 24, 2013.
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2012
Is there something better than TaskUnifier for using tasks as both events (appointments) and regular tasks?

This message was edited Dec 23, 2012.
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2011
I need a system to visually separate these when looking at the listing -- e.g., the tasks (treated as events) have a different color (perhaps red) and are at the top of the list -- first by date / time, then by priority, then by title. Then underneath the tasks (treated as events) the regular list of tasks (with a 12:00 a.m. due time / date) -- also organized first by date / time, then by priority, then by title. Perhaps assigning events a context which is different than tasks? Some reliable way to see the events at the top and tasks underneath.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2011.
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2011
I am wondering whether there is a reliable system to use tasks as events for appointments, and tasks as regular tasks also? The problem will be when there are multiple tasks all appearing on the same day, and I will want to separate them easily so that I don't miss an appointment or a deadline. Has anyone successfully used a similar system for business with multiple appointments and deadlines on the same day?

These must all be read / write.

This message was edited Dec 10, 2011.
lawlist

Posted Dec 10, 2011 in: third pary app for OSX MAC
  • lawlist
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2011
Task Surfer is not as refined as either of the two apps mentioned, but I wanted to contribute to this thread so that someday there is a complete listing of all apps and reviews regarding same.
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2011
All of my computers cannot log into Toodledo with the Todo Sync for Mac. Are the log-in servers of Toodledo down since yesterday afternoon? When will they be operational again? Thanks.
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2010
I am using Appigo for Mac to sync tasks with Toodledo, and I use BusyCal on the Mac. Because I have BusyCal set up to sync with events directly with Google, it places a calendar within BusyCal. That Google calendar is seen by Appigo Sync for Mac and Toodledo as a folder that gets created in Toodledo, which in turn Appigo syncs back to the mac as a duplicate calendar -- thus I end up with two calendars on my Mac for Google. The second duplicate name has no events and no tasks. I can delete it on two of my Mac computers but the third Mac gets that duplicate Google calendar? Any suggestions?
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2010
My goal is to back-up and restore WITHOUT the tasks having a starting date. What happens (when I restore BusyCal from a backup and then use Appigo Sync Mac, and the same goes true when I export an ics from Toodledo Tools / Services and re-import the ics) is that the Toodledo tasks which did not have starting dates before the backup-up suddenly have start dates assigned to all of them that are the same as the due date. Then, there is no way that I can see to remove all of the starting dates in one fell swoop (I have 200 tasks). Because iCal/Mail and BusyCal do not support starting dates, Toodledo tasks containing starting dates are problematic when I use either iCal/Mail or BusyCal to modify tasks on the Mac, which on Toodledo contain starting dates (i.e., the starting dates don't change, only the ending dates change -- so the solution is to make sure no tasks have starting dates). The goal is to have no starting dates in my backup or when restoring from a backup. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2010.
lawlist

• lawlist
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2010
I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and am using PocketInformant, which works. However, it would be nice to have an alternative with an exclusive Toodledo App. TaskJot still needs a lot of work. Thanks.
lawlist

Posted Oct 06, 2010 in: Events and iCal Appigo integration
  • lawlist
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2010
It is respectfully requested that Toodledo add full support for calendar Events and have them integrate with iCal via Appigo Sync for Mac, and of course an application for the iPhone.

[I understand that some people use tasks as an event substitute. I am running a business and would need both tasks and events -- most people are forced to use Google for events at this time.]

Thanks.