ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
fsendel

Posted Mar 16, 2011 in: Springpad / Toodledo
Score: 0
  • fsendel
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2011
  • Score: 0
What do you guys think about using a service like Springpad instead of or in addition to Toodledo?
fsendel

Posted May 28, 2010 in: Help! GTD and my master's thesis
  • fsendel
  • Posted: May 28, 2010
Great Advice. Thank you.
fsendel

Posted May 27, 2010 in: Help! GTD and my master's thesis
  • fsendel
  • Posted: May 27, 2010
Thanks a lot to both. I guess one thing I take from this is that probably I need to sign up to the pro version! I think I really need the subtasks. As to whether or not I need the detail that MS Project provides, I am not quite sure. I'm almost finished laying out all of the tasks I think are required and approximate time frames for each group of tasks. I plan to experiment and then, on each weekly review, transfer the identified Next Actions into TD.

Thanks,
fsendel

Posted May 25, 2010 in: Help! GTD and my master's thesis
  • fsendel
  • Posted: May 25, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to prepare for my master's thesis and I want to use GTD and toodledo to organize it, but I have come up with several questions.

My first impulse is to draft a list of all the required actions necessar to complete the project. I suppose this could be called the "organizing" phase. I went back to the GTD book to review and remembered that:

The Basics of Organizing
The key steps here are:
• Identify the significant pieces.
• Sort by (one or more):
• components
• sequences
• priorities
• Detail to the required degree.

Then, identify Next Actions.

This is where I am getting confused. Should my project planning be done in Toodledo? Or should I organize the process elsewhere (such as MS project) and only include identified next actions in Toodledo? Should I include actions in Toodledo and determine how much time to spend in each action?

I understand there are many ways to do things, but I wanted to share this and hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

FS