ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Pat"
Pat

Posted Jan 10, 2011 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
Score: 0
  • Pat
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2011
  • Score: 0
+1 from me. I am working around this limitation in a number of unsatisfactory ways now, and would really take advantage of it if added.
Pat

Score: 0
  • Pat
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2011
  • Score: 0
I love the ability to e-mail tasks to Toodledo and use it religiously. However, my methods for task naming are regularly require the use of "special" characters like the "-" and ":". As a result my task descriptions are often truncated in Toodledo, due to the special characters being reserved for adding other task data on the subject line via e-mail.

I wonder if a global setting to turn such processing of special characters in email syntax on/off would be valuable to others. I personally e-mail just the task description to Toodledo, and then process my list from the Toodledo interface to add other data. As such, turning of the processing of special characters would be no loss to me, and would allow me to name tasks as I need to in my system.

For example, I do not use subtasks, but rather group tasks on a project by a short prefix in the task description, like so:
ProjA - Call H. Rosen re: response to RFP

The above makes perfect sense when entered as-is directly in Toodledo, but is truncated as "ProjA" when e-mailed. Minor point, but an important one for me. Toodledo truly is the swiss army knife of list management, and a config setting like this would be genuinely helpful if possible/practical to add.

Thanks.