ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by wfolta"
wfolta

Posted Jun 18, 2010 in: Apps you use on a daily basis
Score: 1
  • wfolta
  • Posted: Jun 18, 2010
  • Score: 1
1. To Do, sync'd to a Toodledo Pro account.

2. Toodledo.com.

3. Timelines (iPhone app, looks a bit poor on the iPad, but works... also has quite a few rough edges right now, but it's going to rock more and more).

4. iThoughts HD (mind mapping, outlining, task organization).

5. iPad Calendar, Mail, sync'd through Mobile Me. (Also use the MM website, as necessary, on my desktop.)

6. Atomic Web web browser for nice on-iPad tabbed browsing.

7. Twitterific and Osfoora HD clients, and on those and web browsers, Instapaper.

8. Instapaper iPad app.

9. Dropbox to sync most things, (GoodReader or Air Sharing for other things).

10. iAnnotate PDF for storing and marking up PDFs.

11. Notetaker HD.
wfolta

Posted Jun 18, 2010 in: ToDo and Toodledo, a little confusion
Score: 0
  • wfolta
  • Score: 0
Claudio,

To Do has two things that Toodledo's app does not (unless you also get the Toodledo Pro or Pro Plus subscription):

1. Free Projects (Tasks with subtasks)
2. Free Checklists (Tasks with super-simplified subtasks that only have a Completed status)

Also, To Do's interface is way more elegant and easy on the eyes.

I really want to like the Toodledo app, and I have bought it and it sits on my iPad. I even upgraded to a Toodledo Pro subscription. But I just can't get past the better interface: it really makes it a joy to use all day long, and it's the first To Do app that I've been able to stick with.

That said, I do really like the idea of a Start Date and Time, and also Due On, and the Toodledo app does offer several features like that which To Do does not. At the same time, I envision Stard and Due On as more of a trigger mechanism, and less of a "don't show me until then" mechanism. Anything that I have to do tomorrow is "Hot" in my book, whether I can work on it today or not: it ultimately affects what I might work on today.

My two cents...

(Also, while To Do has Projects and Checklists and can sync to Toodledo non-Pro, the way its implemented won't work properly if you intend to use a second device and sync that as well. Then again, the Toodledo Pro subscription also lets you store stuff for more than 6 months, making it ideal for tracking things that will be important at next year's Performance Evaluation.)
wfolta

Posted Jun 18, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
Score: -1
  • wfolta
  • Score: -1
Posted by Captain_Obvious:

PS: By the time the iPad catch on, I'll be having whatever Android phone I can get my hands on, do people carry an iPad in their pocket all day ? they aren't power user by any stretch...
Just saying, Happy downvote,

I think you have it backwards. Power users will carry an iPad all day, so they don't have to squint at tiny, phone-sized screens. No power user would get by with a postage-stamp-sized window into a professional schedule. (I'm a little over the top here, but it's fitting, considering your foolish comment.)

I can also view things on my phone in the evenings or on the off-times during the day when I might not have my iPad with me. (Full Disclosure: I've got a Toodledo Pro subscription, but I'm a Todo user... I want to like the Toodledo app, which I have bought, but it's cluttered while Todo is very elegant.)