ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
bdws1975

Posted Jun 20, 2010 in: struggling with Due Dates
Score: 0
  • bdws1975
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2010
  • Score: 0
ok, so I've been reading a little more around the web.

Am I right to say that if something has a hard due date, it shouldn't go on a list at all, but on my calendar?

If so, then since most projects have a hard date (at least for me), should all projects go on my calendar?

It's all so new and confusing. But exciting.

thanks!
bdws1975

Posted Jun 20, 2010 in: struggling with Due Dates
Score: 0
  • bdws1975
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2010
  • Score: 0
hi all,

I'm new to GTD and Toodledo and am trying to get my head wrapped around the concepts and practices.

I've been a 'to do list' guy for ages. I get to the office in the morning and write out my to do list for the day. Or, if I'm at home I'll enter a to do list on my computer for later use.

I ALWAYS assign a due date to everthing. For example: as I'm sitting here, I'm remembering that my expense report has to be done Monday the 21st. So, I'll enter 'expense report submitted' and place a due date of 6-21-2010.

Am I to understand this is incorrect (according to GTD)? If so, when are due dates used and how do you keep track of things that must get done BY a certain day?

I'm sure it's buried in this forum somewhere but I've exhausted my patience to dig. Please feel free to point me to a post or otherwise.

Thank you so much. I'm excited at the prospect of getting more done with less stress.

Best,

brett