ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
powelstock

Score: 0
Update: got it to work by first Canceling the sync. This put me into the list view within the pop-up. Then refreshing that view (F5). Not sure at this point whether a data copy is actually be stored inside Chrome....

The add-task functionality works great for me. But when I click View Task, there's a problem. First, I get a pop-up asking me permission ("Can Toodledo permanently store a copy of your data inside this web browser for faster access?"). If I click Yes, I get a new msg: "We have detected that the data stored in this browser is out of sync with the server. We need to reload the page to download a fresh copy. If you click 'Cancel', your data may get out of sync." If I click Yes here, it just throws me back into the "store a copy" permission dialogue, and so on ad infinitum. Ideas? (Chrome 21.0.1180.89)

This message was edited Sep 23, 2012.
powelstock

Posted Jul 23, 2010 in: How to create links to a file
Score: 2
I have purposely set up my data file systems to be mirrors of one another on all my machines, and use SugarSync to keep them all in sync. This gives me great flexibility in my access to ANY file from within any application that will allow me to link to files--and most do. The advantage over attachments is that I have ONE file system, instead of a file system plus some pod full of attachments floating apart from the mothership. Cloud-sync solutions like SugarSync & Dropbox allow you to link to files and folders via a URL, but it can be complicated making sure your edits get back to the cloud version. SugarSync has a nifty little applet that lets you open and edit a file via the cloud and automatically upload your changes when you're finished. It has limitations though.

To make a long story short, I really do wish ToodleDo would allow the option of linking to local files.

Beyond that, I am really enjoying ToodleDo--it is beautifully designed!