ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DanH_2"
DanH_2

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 5
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2018
  • Score: 5
Is there a particular reason for not including your last names and the names of the companies you have started in the past? I'm inclined to be optimistic, but these omissions seem strange to me.

Dan Hotchkiss
DanH_2

Posted Mar 28, 2016 in: Quick Add Syntax...
Score: 0
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2016
  • Score: 0
Thanks, Bridget. Is there someplace to go to find out what new features exist in the Beta? It's hard to test and give feedback for features that are not immediately visible.

I see that it is now possible, in the release version as well as the beta, to enter /+3 or /-3 on the Quick Add Task line to set a due date 3 days in the future or the past. If there are other tricks available (especially, to set dates relative to a future date, such as a project due date), I'd like to be the first to know!

Thanks,
Dan
DanH_2

Posted Dec 29, 2015 in: Outlines to Tasks
Score: 2
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2015
  • Score: 2
Yes.

I have many mini-projects with several steps. An easy way to create a template ("Write article") as an outline with multiple steps ("Choose topic", "Collect research notes", "Draft article", etc.) with relative dates would be invaluable. When I accept an article assignment, I could copy the outline, choose a deadline, and paste the whole thing as a task with subtasks, all with dates calculated relative to the deadline.

Dan Hotchkiss
DanH_2

Posted Sep 16, 2015 in: New Icons
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2015
I do see an option to create subtasks -- it's under the main, down-pointing "action menu" icon, where it always was.
DanH_2

• DanH_2
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2014
I have my Folders view sorted by Task/Subtask (Reverse), then Alphabetical, then Due Date. The parentless subtasks show at the top, which I want, but neither they nor the parents listed below appear not to be sorted at all.

Sort by Task/Subtask seems to block all subseqent sorts.

On a hunch, I tried both manual and automatic sorting of subtasks, but it does not make any difference to the sorting of the tasks or subtasks in this view.

I see that this bug was mentioned and acknowledged in this forum back in 2010, but still apparently has still not been fixed!

Thanks for any attention or advice.

Dan

This message was edited Jan 04, 2014.
DanH_2

Score: 1
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2013
  • Score: 1
Un-star of the next iteration of a repeating task is an excellent feature. I do wish it wouldn't also un-star the completed item. I like to be able to see that I've completed a high-priority task!

Also I wish the setting were part of the repeat dialog for each item, rather than global. Some repeating items (pay quarterly taxes) are high priority as soon as they become current, but others are not.

Thanks for all your improvements!
DanH_2

• DanH_2
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2013
I'll bite. Where's the option to un-star a repeating task when it is completed?
DanH_2

Posted Jun 16, 2011 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Jun 16, 2011
+1 for this long-overdue feature. I just accidentally clicked a column heading and had to recreate a three-level sort. Arrgh!
DanH_2

Posted Oct 14, 2010 in: Updates to Subtasks
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2010
Excellent upgrade!

My choice: "Indented mode shows all subtasks nested, even if the parent shouldn't be visible."

I use parent tasks for mini-projects, and put them all into a "@Planning" context, which is filtered out of my main to-do view. Since that view is a custom search, I can filter out @Planning (along with @Waiting and other non-action categories).

Since the parents "shouldn't be visible," the subtasks appear under their proper heading, sorted according to their own characteristics. But I can easily review all the steps of the project simply by clicking "Show all". This is handy when I complete a task and need to update the due dates and active status of tasks that depend on it.

Dan

This message was edited Oct 14, 2010.
DanH_2

Posted Oct 13, 2010 in: Automatic backup work-around
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2010
Right, though to be fair, it was a third-party app that saved my task list this time around.

Since then, I've created a bookmark in my browser to the address for XML backups: http://www.toodledo.com/xml.php. It's the next best thing to automatic!

Dan
DanH_2

Posted Oct 13, 2010 in: Automatic backup work-around
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2010
I recently had the hair-raising experience of losing all my to-do items. Others have reported this, and I'm not blaming Toodledo. The cause was probably GotToDo on my Android phone, and Toododo's policy is to disclaim responsibility, which is their privilege.

I hereby request an automatic daily database backup of some kind. Even simply putting all deleted items (regardless of the source of the deletion request) into a "deleted" folder would be a big help. But I'm willing to be patient.

For the benefit of others, though, I'd like to tell how I recovered my data. As it happens, I had the Windows program TaskAngel running, with a regular sync setup. TaskAngel can be set to back up its database automatically! I simply opened the backup file, re-synched, and was restored to the date of the last backup. Some cleanup work required, but not much. The default location for TaskAngel data, including the backup file, is C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\MyPocketSoft\TaskAngel.

So while we're waiting for an auto-backup feature, you might want to consider using TaskAngel too: http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/.

Dan Hotchkiss
DanH_2

Posted Aug 31, 2010 in: Improvements to Locations and Sorting
  • DanH_2
  • Posted: Aug 31, 2010
Impressive. One tiny editorial note: I find the word "forwards" a little jarring. While I don't suppose it is actually wrong, I believe "forward" would be more in keeping with modern usage.