ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Varun Bhatta

Posted Sep 15, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 2
Posted by Jake:
Yes, we plan to soon standardize the colors that we use to represent priority across our website and mobile app.

Thanks for letting us know. Are there any plans to introduce colours for folders or tags? Because, I personally do not work with priorities. And, while seeing the list of activities in the next 7 days, if the tasks are colour coded with respect folders (or tags or other filter), it would be very intuitive.

Thanks for the revamp of the UI. Like all the changes being done!

This message was edited Sep 15, 2015.
Varun Bhatta

Posted Sep 09, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 2
One suggestion regarding the redesign - currently in toodledo, everything is a column attribute (tag, folder, etc.). So, you make an to-do event, and everything related to it - due date, project it belongs to, tag, etc. - come in the same row, but different column. But this is not visually intuitive as it is not easily readable/decipherable.
What I would recommend is coming up with different way of arranging the data - a task having a particular background colour depending on the tag or folder you put in. Similar visual arrangements can be done to reduce the column attribute.

PS - E.g., this feature is available in asana - where the projects are colour coded.
Varun Bhatta

Score: 0
Thanks Salgud and Jake. Yes... I am using the start time currently to mark the starting of the task.

Any suggestion for the question (1)?
Varun Bhatta

(1) How to create a task, e.g. a conference, which is for two consecutive days from 10am to 4pm?
The easiest way to do this is to create a task for the first date and make it repeat for the next day. But wanted to know if there are other ways of doing this.

(2) Related to this, I have a subquestion - how to add the starting and ending time of a task?
Because, the 'start date' in toodledo is not exactly the starting time of the event. And there is nothing like end date and time. And I do not want to use 'duration' column (as I think it does not clearly depict a end date and time).

Basically, my intention is to arrange my tasks such that I know where there are gaps. E.g., in a day, task 1 starts from 10am to 11am, task2 from 12pm to 4pm. If I can create tasks such that they depict start and end times, then its easier for me to decide that from 11 to 12pm I am free.

So, do let me know if you have any suggestion regarding these.

Thanks...

PS - I have a free subscription currently.

This message was edited Oct 30, 2014.
Varun Bhatta

Was just thinking, if I wanted a pattern - T1,T1,T1,_,T1,T1,T1,... - I need to have three tasks. Now, that would be an uncouth way of creating a list.

@Toodledo Admin - Right now, repetition of tasks can be done on weekly basis only or like 'Every X Days/Weeks...'. So, please see whether that can be enhanced to accept repetitions like above.
Thanks.
Varun Bhatta

Thanks for the answer.
Wanted to know if there is a smooth way out rather than creating two tasks.
Varun Bhatta

Hello...
I have two tasks T1 & T2. And I want these two to repeat each day as follows

T1|T1|_|T1|T1|_|T1|T1|_|...
_|_|T2|_|_|T2|_|_|T2|...

the repetition is for each day and the empty slot '|_|' indicates that the task not occurring on that day. these tasks can occur on weekend as well.
So basically, T2 repeats every third day and configuring this is easy. But how to configure T1? T1 occurs every two days, with one day gap in between.

Thanks.
Varun Bhatta

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: History of completed RECURRING tasks
Posted by Richard_:
You can set it to repeat from completion date:
So if you don't complete the (daily) task, the Task is shown as overdue until the time you complete it. Then it gets set to the next day.

Correct. But this is the case only when you mark it complete the same day.
E.g., you have a daily repetitive task starting on Monday and you didnt mark it complete for two continuous days [i.e., till Tuesday]. So on Wednesday if you mark it as complete, then the task will show due date as Tuesday, but not Thursday. So in order make it sync with current day, you have to do the combined activity of clicking on it & refreshing the page twice and only after that, the due date would be Thursday.
So by doing this, you are indirectly telling the system that you have completed the activity for Mon, Tue & Wed. But in fact, you missed Mon & Tue and it is this data that is no where captured.
So is there a way to mark an activity as 'Not done'?
Varun Bhatta

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: History of completed RECURRING tasks
One doubt regarding melvynm question.
If I have a repeated a task which repeats every day, unless I mark it as complete by clicking on the checkbox, it won't get repeated for the next day [It would still have the last day's due date].
So the only way we can make a repetitive task repeat for the next day is by marking it complete each day EVEN IF I wouldn't have done it.
So going by this behavior, how can we ever have the data of days you have forgotten to take medicine?

Is there a way I can mark a repetitive job as "Not Done"? Because ticking the checkbox means only "Done"...right? Let me know if there is ... that would be like a BIG revelation for me.

This message was edited Jan 06, 2011.
Varun Bhatta

Posted Nov 08, 2010 in: Edit subtasks in Multiple Edit option
@Toodledo - That would be nice. Thanks!
Varun Bhatta

Posted Nov 07, 2010 in: Edit subtasks in Multiple Edit option
Thanks for replying.
I had solved the problem by creating a duplicate, as you have mentioned. But just wanted to know is there any easier workaround.

Thanks.
Varun Bhatta

Posted Nov 07, 2010 in: Edit subtasks in Multiple Edit option
I have around 50 subtasks for a parent task. I can do search and get all of these in the multiple edit page. But I want to change their parent task [shifting from one parent to another]. Is there a way? The current multiple edit doesnt give this option.

Is there a way where I can extract and import back with a different parent task? Would that be messier?
Varun Bhatta

Posted Nov 01, 2010 in: How to flag items as 'next actions'?
Score: 1
I had the same requirement and this is what I did.
I use Toodledo for my personal use - not official project management. I am reading and part time working. So I use toodledo for tracking all my reading and writing.

Below are the fields I have enabled.

* First I setup the folders according to the different activities I am doing.
I considered all the activities I do in my life, grouped them into different categories and that is how I ended up with the list of folders.
E.g., different folders in my case are - philosophy, language, science, GENERAL.
So whatever I do would come under a particular folder.
NOTE - I have broken the first rule of GTD by not creating the folders they advice. Just my personal implementation.

*Context - They tell the nature of the work under a particular folder. E.g., reading, writing, to-do, communicating, etc.

* Status - This is important. All the tasks have any of the five status possible - Active, Next Action, Waiting, Hold, NONE.

* Tag - to fine tune

* Repeat - not a must.

*Goal - not a must.

* Start-date/end-date - not a must.

So the point of listing was to convey a solution for your problem.
When I add a task, it goes to a particular MAIN TASK under a specific FOLDER, with a specific CONTEXT and a STATUS.

My main list is the ACTIVE tab under STATUS page. So all I want to do today or tomorrow [depending on the start date, end date] would appear there.

There is no magic way the list is going to be populated with the next tasks unless you go to that task and set a criterion which you would have configured for your hotlist.

So make sure all your tasks are sub-tasks and once you complete a subtask, you can make the next one active. Again, the above solution is one among the possible ways you can configure. Experiment is the attitude.
Varun Bhatta

Posted Oct 14, 2010 in: Updates to Subtasks
@Salgud
That is probably because your parent is not matching the criteria that your subtasks have.
In my example, the parent and subTask2 are both active. That is why Parent and all its children get listed.
Varun Bhatta

Posted Oct 14, 2010 in: Updates to Subtasks
Score: 1
One question.
In the second option for the indented view - "Indented mode shows loose subtasks", going by the description given above, the option should work like the following.

I have the following task arrangement:
Main task [Status is active]
SubTask1 [not active]
SubTask2 [is active]
SubTask3 [not active]

So now if I go to Status > Active, I had expected the option B to work like this -
MainTask
[indented]SubTask2

The others shouldnt get listed as only these two are "active" [the only criterion].

But, if i choose the option B, the tasks are listed as follows -

MainTask
[indented]SubTask1
[indented]SubTask2
[indented]SubTask3

So... if its appearing like this, then there is no apparent difference between option b and choosing the option "flattened" for SubTasks in the toolbar. Right?
But the whole point of this change you have done is to see the main task [if it also matches the criteria] and only those the sub tasks which match a particular criteria in the indented mode. Right?
Now, the parent [if it matches the criteria] and all the subtasks are getting listed, irrespective of whether they match the criteria or not.

Feel open to correct if I have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2010.
Varun Bhatta

Posted Oct 13, 2010 in: Updates to Subtasks
Awesome! Badly wanted this change.
Varun Bhatta

Posted Oct 08, 2010 in: Decoupling the features and the columns
Currently the features [Folder, due date, importance, etc.] that are given to configure a new task [while adding it] are the ones which are enabled to be viewed in the main window of list of tasks [ the columns that are present in the main task window].
But I feel that I may require few features while adding a new task, but dont want those features as columns in the main window. Basically, the main window shouldnt be cluttered with too many columns. E.g., I want to assing each task the importance, but I dont require to know or sort the tasks based on their importance.
So I would think it would be nice to decouple these two. While adding a new task, the user should be given all the options, but when having an overview of all the tasks, i just want few - to sort, to group the tasks.

This message was edited Oct 08, 2010.
Varun Bhatta

Well... you can see few of them discussing that in this thread -
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

This message was edited Aug 27, 2010.
Varun Bhatta

Customize the list & changing the default start page > +1

This message was edited Aug 24, 2010.
Varun Bhatta

Posted Aug 21, 2010 in: Sorting by Due Date for Task & SubTask
Ok. I hadn't checked with the "flattened" view. Now, the subtask appears separately with the proper due date.

If there are any other workarounds, suggestions, do let me know.

Thanks.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next