ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by MirkoKBurg"
MirkoKBurg

Posted Sep 29, 2013 in: Add picture to tasks in iOS app
Score: 0
Hi toodledo team!

I am a big fan of you service and I would like to say THANK YOU for this great work!

I am wondering if you have plans to add a feature for attaching pictures to tasks in the iOS app? I would love to be able to attach a picture with notes or a picture of an invoice I have to pay on a certain date to a task.

I've been searching the forum but I could only find a very old request. Do you still have plans to add a feature like this?

Thank you very much!

Best regards from Hamburg, Germany!
Mirko
MirkoKBurg

Even if my request is not connected to Toodledo, I thought there might be a lot of people on Toodledo that are interested in Process Management.

I would like to invite you to take part in our survey „Best Practice in Process Management“, which was generated in cooperation between University of Bamberg and Lufthansa Technik AG.

With this survey we would like to create an overview about the interests in key aspects of process management and to assemble the contact persons of the particular topics to organize workshops for best practice identification and exchange of experience.

We are looking forward to your answers till September 30, 2011. Completing the questionnaire will take about 10 minutes:

English Version: http://survey.BPinPM.net
German Version: http://umfrage.BPinPM.net

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Thank you very much and best regards from Best Practice in Process Management Team!
Mirko
MirkoKBurg

By the way: This is how my "Company" search looks like to have open items from several folders on the screen:

This message was edited Jun 20, 2011.
MirkoKBurg

Inspired by existing standards like EN ISO or OHSAS etc. I decided to develop a request for comment for a professional performance standard applicable to all persons.

You will find the first draft of my proposal for this standard here:
http://myloopblog.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/professional-performance-standards-%e2%80%93-request-for- comment/

The idea behind this standard is that every person who acts in accordance with this standard will increase performance and cooperation automatically. :-)

The way how to fulfill the standard is up to the person, but the commitment to comply to the standard is essential.

What do you think about this standard? Please post your thoughts!
MirkoKBurg

Score: 1
Hi PeterW, hi garyo! I tried it to work without deadlines for tasks without real due date for one week and I really like it! :-) Thank you for your advise! It definitely saves time!
MirkoKBurg

Hi Peter! Thank you for your thoughts concerning my setup.

I am wondering if will ever work on tasks without due date. ;-) I remember that I had several things to work on in the past where I did not define a due date and I maintained these tasks for months on my list without completing them... Finally I simply deleted the tasks without giving a feedback to the people I had to reply to. That is why I want to be fast on my tasks instead of deleting the tasks after a few month.

But I will think about this suggestion. :-)
MirkoKBurg

Score: 1
For about half a year, I am now using Toodledo as my favorite tool for task management and it increased my productivity a lot. But I am really interested in sharing my experience and receiving your comments about how you use toodledo. – I am still trying to improve my habits. :-)

My configuration looks like this: I created folders for the main areas of my life (e.g., main job, bigger projects, personal development, and private stuff) and added a few search views like "company", "tomorrow", or "next 7 days". Normally, I start the day with "all tasks", "star" my most important tasks that I definitely want to finish during the day and focus on special folders or only the starred tasks according to the timeframe that I am currently in. I constantly hide deferred, future, and negative priority tasks.

I use the following fields/functions to detail my tasks:

Length: I estimate the time necessary to perform the task as basis to plan the day.

Timer: I record the needed time just for my own statistics to validate and to improve my estimations.

Priority: I use "0 Low" for operational tasks, "1 Medium" for tactical tasks, and "2 High" for strategic tasks. "3 Top" is only used very seldom for the top urgent and most important tasks. You can read more about my priority usage on my blog on http://myloopblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/setting-up-task-management/

Start Date: The day I want to work on this task.

Due Date: The deadline until I have to finish the task.

Repeat: I use this for routine tasks that have to be done on a regular basis.

Tag: I use the names of the people I have to coordinate the task with or to whom I delegated the task to as tags. This makes it easy to filter the names.

Status: I use "next action" as default and switch this to "postponed" for deferred items that I do not want to delete right away.

Goal: I try to assign my tasks to my goals to be able to focus on the really important tasks. This is more or less a reminder to check, if the task is necessary or not.

For new tasks, I defined default values for start date (today), due date (next week – I want to be fast on my task), and status (next action). I do not use subtasks.

I absolutely love that Toodledo determines the importance of tasks based on priority and due date. This makes it so easy to decide about what to do next. I have Toodledo open, whenever I am at my computer and I add new tasks as soon as they appear. If you want to know more about this, please see: http://myloopblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/inbox-processing/

Whenever I am not online, I mail new tasks to Toodledo via my cellphone. I use this feature quite often.

Overall, Toodledo really increased my productivity and provides me additional time to focus on my tasks instead to focus on the management of the tasks.

But now it is your turn! Is there something you can recommend to optimize my task management? I am looking forward to receive your comments!

Many thanks in advance!
Mirko