ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Mark.M"
Mark.M

Score: 0
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2012
  • Score: 0
If you bill for some or all of your time, Fresh Books is a great online option. There are some timer widgets for both the Mac and PC environments that sync the time back to your Fresh Books account.
Mark.M

Posted May 06, 2012 in: Improvements to Email Importer
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: May 06, 2012
This is a great addition to the feature set. Especially the -end-. I always end up with all of the communication string in my notes field, when I just need the most recent comment as reference.

Thanks!
Mark.M

Posted May 06, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: 2
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: May 06, 2012
  • Score: 2
I second the comments above -- I am not put off by the pricing of TD. Actually, I would pay more (as I have for other products).

Other competitive products have pricing models that have more steps than 'free', $19/year and $29/year', based on a sliding scale of feature sets.

If TD maintains a low-cost entry point for some of its market, why couldn't it offer a more 'loaded' version of the product for a higher fee? I'm a huge fan of 'pay to play' systems like that. Then some of the 'higher value' features are available for a cost to those users who want/need them.

I don't use this software to plan my grocery shopping list... I use it to help me generate business revenue as a sales and marketing consultant. I manage my business, client projects, sub-contractor commitments, etc. using TD. If it helps me do that better (with increased feature sets), I would consider some increase in cost as a solid business investment.

I know that some people will not want to agree with me, but they can remain with a current feature sets for the 'free', $19/yr, or $29/year.

If budget restrains the development cycle, then let's consider the reality of growth through customer funding. I'd double (or triple) my annual commitment to TD if some key features were added to the product that could increase my productivity (and hence my revenue).

Who do I make the check out to?!? Or, do we have any angel investors in the room?

This message was edited May 06, 2012.
Mark.M

Posted May 05, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: -1
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: May 05, 2012
  • Score: -1
My intention in my earlier post was not to insult, but simply point out that TD as a business could benefit from developing and publishing a 'roadmap' of what it sees coming over the horizon.

There will always be people that will want everything NOW. But, for most of us, it would just help to have confidence that TD - a productive tool that most of us rely upon daily (if not hourly), has a future set that will continue to meet all of our evolving needs.

I appreciate everything that the TD team has done. And I believe that TD is a great product. I rely upon it.

As a marketing guy myself, I am just seeing some missed opportunities to gain more customer 'buy in' to the product and excitement around future feature sets.
Mark.M

Posted May 05, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: 2
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: May 05, 2012
  • Score: 2
I tend to agree with those who question the feature development priority list. This statistical information is interesting, but I am hard pressed to find the application of this data back into my daily task management.

There are those who love data for data's sake, and then there are the rest of us who need data to stay on top of our work/client commitments. This new statistical feature satisfies the first group, and is virtually worthless to the rest of us.

You may notice that there is a vocal percentage of TD users (paying and free) that tend to wander away fromo TD to other task management systems, only to come back to TD - not out of great love, but rather because TD has a good 'core' product. One day, a competitor of TD may build an equally strong 'core' product and win us all away for good.

The best way to win over your customers for good is to add the 'bells and whistles' that they find in other products... then you make the other products more 'redundant'. I know that you can't be 'all things to all people', but I believe that you can build a future development list that is based more on market trends.

You may see this as commoditization of TD. But, rather I see it as a way to build upon your 'core' success.

I've seen comments in the past from TD administrators that indicate that they do not want to be 'pressured' by their customers to deliver, by making any commitments of any specific future development roadmap. And when I see those comments, I wonder if I shouldn't be looking for another task management support, because that doesn't sound like a business philosophy at all. Will I wake up one day and find that the operation has 'folded up' and gone away?

I don't think that this is the TD philosophy. But its comments and feature releases hints at it being simply someone's pet project.

That causes someone like me to think that I might be wise to 'invest' in a more long-term tool for my business success. Would I be wiser to look elsewhere, TD?!?!

This message was edited May 05, 2012.
Mark.M

• Mark.M
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2012
+1 for Evernote

This message was edited Mar 21, 2012.
Mark.M

Posted Mar 13, 2012 in: Number next to the SHOW button
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2012
Joe,
That indicates how many tasks that you have filtered out of the view. If you click the 'Show' button, you can select/deselect what is shown in the list. The typical filter that I use is "Future Tasks". I turn that off so that any tasks that start after today are excluded from the view.
Mark.M

Posted Jan 10, 2012 in: Auto forwarding emails to Toodledo
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. I actually thought of this strategy as I was working with ActiveInbox for Google Apps. AIB is an interesting program that allows you to turn your emails into manageable actions, assigning them dates, contexts and projects... and managing them all within your inbox. It would be a viable option for task management, IF it had a mobile app option. But, since I can only use it at my desktop/laptop, it could not work for me.

But, the 'mail to' feature with Toodledo allows for something very similar. Added to all of the other TD features, it makes a good solution... especially if many of your emails are actionable items.
Mark.M

Posted Jan 10, 2012 in: Auto forwarding emails to Toodledo
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2012
Has anyone taken this approach before?

Since most of my business email becomes actionable items, I have set up my email to auto forward all business email directly to my toodledo email address. (I have my email marked as read and left in my inbox for any reply needs... then archive the entire email inbox a couple times a day.)

All forwarded emails end up in a designated 'Inbox' folder, which I can review, convert to an actionable item (with the email in the notes), or just hit the 'trash can' to delete (if it's not an actionable item).

I reply to any that require a follow up, and then archive all the email inbox items.

It seems counter intuitive to do this. But, I was finding that I was forwarding or blind copying 3/4ths of my emails anyway to Toodledo. This new method cuts my work in half, because it just forces me to delete about 1/4 of them in Toodledo (rather than forward 3/4ths).

Is this something anyone else has done? Are there any better or alternative suggestions?

I love Toodledo (just don't share this sentiment with my wife... she won't understand)
Mark.M

Score: 1
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2011
  • Score: 1
I have been working with Toodledo and Evernote to manage client project work for some time. I have a tendency to put notes in Toodledo tasks and label them as reference, so that I can have project notes right with my project activity.

When I complete a project, I would like to be able to archive or transfer the project notes into Evernote or just a csv or text file as historical reference.

Is there a way to do that, or are there any plans to allow for this type of feature?
Mark.M

Posted Dec 03, 2011 in: Keep a PC Based record of Toodledo?
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2011
Scott,
You can purchase a third-party product, like Task Angel or Due Today, which offer offline sync capabilities. You may want to give them a look.
Mark.M

Posted Oct 24, 2011 in: Pocket Informant ?
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2011
I have used PI on a Windows Mobile device, then an iPhone 3g, and most recently on my iPad2. It has worked consistently for me on all of these platforms. I enjoy the ToodleDo app, but PI offers a few more visual 'bells and whistles'. And since the iOS calendar is so disappointing, it helps to have the integration of the calendar/tasks. I especially like the Today view in PI, which combines my calendar and task items into a daily view.
Mark.M

Posted Aug 26, 2011 in: A PC local integration
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2011
Yes, it is in the cloud, but you can use a third-party program like "Task Angel" or "Due Today" and sync your Toodledo tasks onto your local computer. I think both of these programs are around $20 each.
Mark.M

• Mark.M
  • Posted: Aug 21, 2011
Is there a way to get the system to delete a task as soon as it is marked 'completed'?

The search criteria "Has Subtasks - Yes/No" does not specify or recognize whether the subtasks are completed or not.

I have a view that only shows tasks that do not have subtasks, and I would really like a task to show up on it when all of it's subtasks are completed.

Now, I have to remember to click the 'delete' icon for those subtasks. I think that it would be a nice option to either:

1. Modify the search criteria "Has Subtasks - Yes/No/Active" and or
2. add an option to the settings that adds timeframe for deleting completed tasks to 'immediate'.
Mark.M

• Mark.M
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2011
Delete tasks immediately upon completion...

I hide tasks that have subtasks from my "Active Task List". But, when all of the subtasks are completed, I would like for the main task to appear in my active list.

The search criteria "Has Subtasks-Yes/No" does not discriminate between completed subtasks and open/active subtasks.

Is there any plan to modify the search criteria -- "Has subtasks - Yes/No" in order to allow the system to ignore completed tasks? Maybe a search criteria could add a "Has Subtasks - Yes/No/Active"...

This message was edited Aug 19, 2011.
Mark.M

• Mark.M
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2011
I think that this is a nice enhancement to the new UI.
Mark.M

• Mark.M
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2011
Not directly related to the subject of this post, but is there any plans to allow for archiving of Notebooks? When I archive a client project in the Task folders, it would be great if the corresponding notes in the notebook (associated with the folder) could be archived as well.
Mark.M

Posted Jul 31, 2011 in: Filtering by multiple contexts
  • Mark.M
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2011
There's a little adjustment required to the new UI, but I think that it is offering a lot more flexibility.
Mark.M

• Mark.M
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2011
The Folder feature is still available. You can assign a folder to a new notebook by using a dropdown menun in the upper right area of the notebook edit area.
Mark.M

• Mark.M
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2011
I have tended to use Evernote as well in the past. I still like to store general info on Evernote for quick retrieval. But with the new format of the TD Notebook, I can see myself relying upon it more for Project specific info.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next