ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
R K Elleson

Posted Jan 31, 2012 in: Why not full GTD support?
Score: 0
I have tried to adapt several of the MLO, TD, Nirvana2, Doit type of applications for GTD and I find that it is very easy to lose sight the basics when trying to make a tool fit evey detail of one's own way of working. I tend to rethink the way I operate when I am between different client contracts and, for me, it helps to go back to pen and paper sometimes - the only real downside is the limitation of backing it up. (Having said that, on the one (pre-cloud) occasion when I lost a bag containing my PDA, laptop and paper address book it was surprising how quickly I got over it!)
R K Elleson

Posted Sep 11, 2010 in: ticked items still showing up
Ah - my fault - the word 'Recently' was confusing me. - Understand now.
R K Elleson

My complete list of options seems to be :

Show Recently Completed - Hide Future Tasks - Contexts - Tags
R K Elleson

Thank you. I must be a bit thick but I have tried that and it works. It least it positions me on the 'filters' 'tag' at the top right. But al this does is open/close the 'filters' line. I cannot see anything saying 'Hide completed tasks'

I can see other options like 'Hide future tasks'
R K Elleson

That sounds useful but I cannot see that option on my screen - Am I looking through it? Could you give more detail on where to find that option, please?
R K Elleson

Posted Sep 07, 2010 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
Working for me
R K Elleson

Posted Sep 06, 2010 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
I would cross ref this to the post 'ToodleDo "Slowing Down"?' as teh latest post there is very similar to mine above
R K Elleson

Posted Sep 06, 2010 in: ToodleDo "Slowing Down"?
Cross ref the latest post to 'Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox'
R K Elleson

Posted Sep 04, 2010 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
I have just set aside time to do some follow-up testing.

I am now definitely puzzled. What was a hard consistent error is now diferent; the sympoms have changed fundamentally.

When I start from 'signed out' and clear cookies. I go into Firefox and sometimes I get the problem as described before.
List is blank and says 'loading...'
After 20 secs Screen paints but icons (e.g. checkboxes) not finished and Firefox is frozen for a long time. When checkboxes show as square boxes, the freeze is over.

Now (for the first time) sometimes I see a different start up.
List is blank and says 'loading...'
After 20 secs Screen paints and icons are complete icons (the checkboxes show as square boxes). It all looks ready to go but I can't do anything - it is frozen at a different point.
This freeze can be short (30 secs) or long (many minutes).
Has something changed? I don't think anything has changed at my end.
R K Elleson

Posted Sep 04, 2010 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
Again, I can't look in depth until later but a quick qheck of logging in using
http://www.toodledo.com/views/search.php
and
http://www.toodledo.com/views/caendar.php

shows some apparently inconsistemt behaviour.

I do seem to get straight in with either. I can navigate around as long as I don't click on To Do List. I can click on 'Search' and display a list.

If I click on To Do List it sometimes freezes as before and sometimes APPEARS to work but freezes in a different way.

Before today, when I went in, the To Do List was blank for approx 2 seconds then painted but the checkbox icons were not boxes. This was the freeze point. The indication for me that the freeze was over, was the appearance of checboxes.

Today, after the initial blank list, it lists the tasks with checkboxes. So it seems that the problem is fixed, However, when I try to do anything it is frozen.

I'll review in more detail later but I do seem to see slightly different behaviour today. (It may be me).

I will review my tasks and if there is no cliet-sensitive data present, wil send you a copy of my XML export. I would remind you that it works on other systems under the same version of Firefox so don't expect a simple answer!
R K Elleson

Posted Sep 03, 2010 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
To paraphrase corbin

Opps, that last post was from me. I was still in the test account.
R K Elleson

OK results of extensive analysis below. I have one crucial piece of info.

11) If you create a new empty Toodledo account using a fake email address, does that cause Firefox to hang?
Works fine [email protected]
BUT if I do an XML export of my 210 tasks from my normal account and import them into the test account it freezes whenever I subsequently go in via Firefox. In Internet Explorer I can see them all.

Full analysis

1) What OS are you running?
Vista Business Service Pack 2 32-bit machine
Processor Intel® Core ™ Duo CPU T8300 2.40 Ghz 2.40 Ghz
RAM : 4.00 GB

2) What version of Firefox?
Firefox 3.6.8

3) Does Firefox only hang once and then works perfectly after it recovers?
See my testing below. It does, eventually, come back but freezes again.

4) Does Firefox hang only when signing into the website by pressing the "Sign in" button, or does it also hang after you are already signed in.
I went into Internet Explorer, signed out of Toodledo. Cleard Toodledo cookies from Firefox. Signed in on Firefox. Froze.

5) When Firefox hangs, can you refresh the page? Does it help, or does it hang again?
Totally frozen. Can only close Firefox or go to another window.

6) Can you sign into our mobile website and use it without problems ( http://www.toodledo.com/slim )?
Tried URL IN Firefox – froze.

7) If you delete all your Toodledo cookies and then restart your browser and then sign in again, does it still hang?
Yes

8) If you open the "Tools > Error Console" before visiting Toodledo, do you see any errors appear during the hang?
I see lots of errors, all saying

Unknown property ‘text-overflow’. Declaration dropped.
http://images.toodledo.com//t/includes/views_print9.css line xxx  xxx varies

9) Pro members only. If you access the site via SSL encryption ( https://www.toodledo.com/views/index.php ) do you get the same problem?
Yes

10) If you directly type in the URL for these forums ( http://www.toodledo.com/forums/ ) do you still get Firefox to hang?
It works fine and I can get into the forums but when I select To Do List, it hangs

11) If you create a new empty Toodledo account using a fake email address, does that cause Firefox to hang?
Works fine [email protected]
BUT if I do an XML export of my 210 tasks from my normal account and import them into the test account. It freezes whenever I go in via Firefox. In Internet Explorer I can see them all.

Here is a blow by blow account of a session:

Started PC and loaded Firefox
Clicked on Toodledo link
Toodledo started and, while setting up the ToDo List, it froze as usual
Watched for a couple of minutes then left PC for 2 hours
Returned, switched off screensaver and found that Toodledo was ready to use
(So it came back between 2 mins and 2 hours – not yet sure how long it took)
Refreshed the To Do List – no problem, worked OK
Closed Firefox without signing out of Toodledo
Restarted Firefox
Clicked on Toodledo link
Toodledo started and, while setting up the To Do List, it froze as usual
(Note the ‘white screen’ reported by some people occurs if you click Firefox a second time while it is frozen and the cursor changes from an arrow to an hourglass circle)
After 12 minutes Firefox unfroze and Toodledo was apparently useable with an arrow cursor and the checkboxes complete BUT I clicked on the Firefox ‘Help’ tab to find the version of Firefox for you and it immediately froze again (white screen).
Came back after 18 minutes.
In Toodledo, Clicked To Do List to refresh it – OK, it worked
In Toodledo, Clicked ‘Forums’ – Locked up again for a few moments then appeared to clear the lock and I clicked ‘Forums’ again. It worked.
Clicked on Firefox Help – no problems.
Back in Toodledo, click on To Do list – list appears but when I select a task, it freezes.
Killed Firefox by clicking on top right hand corner.
R K Elleson

I am unable to run the sequence of checks properly until later today but will try at my earliest opportunity and let you know the results.

However a couple of interim points:
I am using Vista OS
Firefox freezes as per Andrew's description (step 3) but I have never seen it recover. Maybe I haven't waited long enough but I always have to crash Firefox.
It's a Pro subscription.

(my access here is using a different machine and operating system)
R K Elleson

Posted Aug 31, 2010 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
I do not know what you mean by 'moving his Firefox profile', I'm afraid. I have tried using Firefox on 3 machines now - this is in an XP laptop which I hadn't tried before. It works fine. AV is AVG.
I still am unable to use Toodledo on Firefox on my Vista laptop which runs Norton 360. IE works fine.
R K Elleson

Posted Aug 30, 2010 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
OK done (not easy to find out how but I got there).

Ticket #13121
R K Elleson

I have tried again and waited 90 seconds plus with no end to the freeze for me.

I did manage to get a screenshot of the screen while Firefox was frozen. Is that any good? I have pasted it into an MSWord document. I can email it if you tell me where to send it.
R K Elleson

I have just pasted your link into Firefox. I get the same problem. I am on a 7 day free trial period of Pro user.
R K Elleson

Not sure if this helps but I have used Extension List Dumper on the machine where Toodledo works and the one where it doesn't.

It works on

Application: Firefox 3.6.8 (20100722155716)
Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)

- Evernote Web Clipper 4.0.0.87683
- Extension List Dumper 1.14.8
- Java Console 5.0.22
- Java Console 6.0.18
- Java Quick Starter 1.0
(Disabled)
- McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.0.0.539
- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 0.0.0
- Skype extension for Firefox 4.2.0.5198
- Toodledo 1.70

It doesn't work on
Application: Firefox 3.6.8 (20100722155716)
Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)

- Extension List Dumper 1.14.8
- Java Console 6.0.07
- Java Console 6.0.12
- Java Console 6.0.13
- Java Console 6.0.15
- Java Console 6.0.17
- Java Console 6.0.04
- Java Console 6.0.20
- Java Console 6.0.21
- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.2.1
- Norton IPS 2.0
(Disabled)
- Norton Toolbar 4.6
(Disabled)
- Toodledo 1.70
- TV5 - Dictionnaires 1.1
R K Elleson

Posted Aug 27, 2010 in: Toodle Do "freezing" in Firefox
I have just registered with Toodledo and have the same problem on my Vista laptop running Firefox (latest version). Toodledo works fine under Internet Explorer on the same machine and also under Firefox 3.6.8 on a deskop running XP.
However, just after I go to Toodledo on the Vista machine in Firefox it freezes without completing the screen 'paint' (the checkboxes are not displayed as boxes, for example).