ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by joelhfx"
joelhfx

Posted Feb 12, 2020 in: Are Help Tickets being processed?
Score: 1
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2020
  • Score: 1
Been using Toodledo since 2011 and I left when the new ownership took over a while ago and went to a service that can continue to exist long after the developer goes out of business or becomes jerks.

MyLifeOrganized is that solution and it is pretty great. It makes use of amazon storage for sync (small fee compared to any platform) or you can use your home wifi and PC for sync to your phone. (no web interface but the PC software is so much better than what any web interface could ever provide. The phone app is very well done. PC and phone app have a one time upfront cost.

Sorry, ToodleDo, you were my love for many years but you stabbed us all in the back with your fee increases.
joelhfx

Posted Nov 16, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2018
I think Toodledo is a great platform and not much would have to change to make me stay. I don't expect my concerns will be addressed so I'm already gone. I'll keep an eye on it.

For those of you looking for alternatives. Try this slack channel. productivity-tools.slack.com
It was formed by the x-users of IQtell upon its demise and was an amazing help for me.
joelhfx

Posted Nov 09, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 4
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2018
  • Score: 4
After being a paying customer for 5 years I stopped paying for premium services a while back because the premium features are useless to me. Frankly, they should have been charging for some of the great free features but Lists, habits, outlines and online storage are just not very good. They should fix the file storage feature or just integrate with other storage services that do a better job. As I said, the death nail was the add tasks via email not being part of the standard subscription.

This message was edited Nov 09, 2018.
joelhfx

Posted Nov 08, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 5
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2018
  • Score: 5
The old pricing plan was reasonable. I would argue that some free features should be premium but the fact that the new standard pricing plan doesn't include add tasks via email is outrageous.

This message was edited Nov 08, 2018.
joelhfx

Posted Jan 25, 2016 in: 2day (windows client) review
Score: 0
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2016
  • Score: 0
toodledo on windows 10 tablets is not very good. I agree with your review.
joelhfx

Posted Jan 25, 2016 in: Windows 10 is not going away afterall.
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2016
I've recently purchased a windows 8 tablet that I then upgraded to windows 10. It works rather well after a number of updates and I foresee personal computing to become a mixture of tablet/PC in the future and will challenge android and apple in ways unseen in the past. Only problem I see is that I may be forced to leave toodledo due to lack of apps that work with windows 10 apps. I use taskangel but it is not very good on a tablet.

Windows apps offer the same service as toodledo for 10$/year and I am forced to consider using it rather than toodledo.

I know this topic was covered in the past but I don't think ignore windows 10 is a good idea anymore.
joelhfx

Posted Jan 12, 2015 in: habits not showing on other computers
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2015
I set up a whole bunch of habits on my laptop but cannot see them on my other computers. This was a few days ago, but today my laptop no longer has the habits I made last week. They are all gone. Why aren't they saving on the server?
joelhfx

Posted Sep 29, 2014 in: My experience with IQtell
Score: 2
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2014
  • Score: 2
I just wanted to share with you guys my long term test using IQtell. I was attracted to IQtell for its email integration but that is where the usefulness ended for me.
I'm back at Toodledo after having suffered tremendously while using IQtell. I gave it a fair shot, but I am convinced the formatting of toodledo is so spreadsheet like that it is simply unbeatable.

I am a paying customer for toodledo and have a free life time membership at IQtell that I don't bother using. Toodledo is by far my favorite.
joelhfx

Posted Nov 20, 2013 in: ifttt, anyone using it?
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2013
I find this works but HTML emails do not get passed on to toodledo for some reason. Only the subject remains.
joelhfx

• joelhfx
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2013
Thought I added a title that made that clear. Sorry. Edited to clarify.

edit: Oh, I did have it in the title only once you click on the post it is no longer visible.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2013.
joelhfx

• joelhfx
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2013
Daily checklist with links in Toodledo notes. I used to use Evernote for this but found it can be done right in Toodledo if you use the HTML codes as below.

See actual code here: http://pastebin.com/kdWBes8p

Start of Day
<ol>
<li>[ ]Check Outlook Calendar.</li>
<li>[ ]Check Goggle Calendar. </li>
<li>[ ]Identify any conflicts.</li>
<li>[ ]set appropriate reminders for the day.</li>
<li>[ ]Read and process your email inbox: Outlook</li>
<li>[ ]Review your Projects List (W) and review Next Actions for each project.</li>
<li>[ ]Do! Based on schedule and priority.</li>
</ol>
End of day check list
<ol>
<li>[ ]Update Next Actions and notes for each Projects List (W) to review in the morning.</li>
<li>[ ]Review and update your paper note book.</li>
<li>[ ]clear checklist for tomorrow</li>
</ol>

The <li> and <ol> stuff actually works in the notes but not in the forum.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2013.
joelhfx

Score: -4
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Sep 19, 2012
  • Score: -4
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
joelhfx

Posted Jul 31, 2012 in: outlook script again
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2012
This is an outlook script that will send to toodledo using the email syntax.
http://pastebin.com/9Y01zVZ6
I know this has been done. I wish I would have searched this forum before writing this myself.
Anyway, the script I use also adds a category to the sent item.
I also make custom buttons see here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6ji9f7ejcKybVA0SnB1aWt2Q2M
joelhfx

Posted Jul 31, 2012 in: Toodledo Mindmap GTD opml iMindmap
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2012
I haven't tried anything with this yet. My next action would be to find the format in which freemind can accept a map then write a program that could use toodledo's exported list to generate a map.
This would be clunky at best as it wouldn't have a sync feature and would be a manual operation prone to errors. A real programmer could pull this off using the APIs I'm sure.
joelhfx

• joelhfx
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2012
i've stopped looking for alternatives to toodledo as it has proven to be a huge waste of time for me time and time again.
Nothing comes close. I do use reqall as a nice voice capturing tool that instantly fills google calendar based on speech and is outstanding. I also use the messenger feature on reqall for reminders or calender appointments. My real GTD happens on toodledo. As close to perfect as I can get. I keep trying to use evernote as capture tool without success but I think that's my fault as I don't process it like an inbox. (until now) Now if someone could write a toodledo app for my playbook!!
joelhfx

Posted Jul 12, 2011 in: Toodledo Mindmap GTD opml iMindmap
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Jul 12, 2011
I had the exact same thought,almost.
I was looking to translate it to freemind since it is open-source and can be imported to pretty much any mind-mapping software. Also importable to www.mind42.com putting into the cloud.
Even mobile devices have apps that support this format.
Imagine being able to select branches called Status, context, folder, and goals that contain the tasks assorted accordingly.
**drool**

It should be easy. I could probably do it in Excel.
joelhfx

Posted Apr 08, 2011 in: Procrastination help
Score: 2
  • joelhfx
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2011
  • Score: 2
Careful about using GTD to get over procrastination because I know first hand that it can makes it worse!

David Allen should collect more information and add a chapter on this topic in the next publication. (even though it's worth a book in itself)
It took me a long time to figure out that without dealing with procrastination separately obsessing with GTD implementation can aggravate the problem.