Search results for "Posted by joseimora"
joseimora

Posted May 12, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: -5
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
joseimora

Posted May 05, 2012 in: Fancy interactive graphs
Score: 0
Also puzzled and frustrated about the sense of priority at Toodledo. Still waiting for the ability to save both search and sort order.

At this point, it is clear that this isn't going anywhere.

Notes area is rudimentary at best, and the only real use I have for it is to place a hyperlink to Evernote - for real notes.

Statistical graphs, and other bells and whistles are "gee whiz" but not a substitute for basic needs.

I'm working out of Evernote and still looking for a To Do application that truly does GTD and has full functionality.
joseimora

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: Context help?
Score: 1
I have a very different concept of contexts. Mine has to do, not with location, but with the type of resource I am expending.

Here are my contexts:

1. Schedules/Appointments - those tasks that involve an appointment and must be done at a scheduled time and place.
2. Expenditures/Transactions - those tasks that involve money, and the allocation of funds.
3. Routines - repetitive tasks of an administrative or maintenance nature.
4. Information Units - these are simply repositories of information that may be linked to one or more tasks, but are a stand-alone holder of a particular piece of information (e.g. meeting notes, Emails, web clippings, etc.
5. Free Tasks - all tasks that do not belong to any of the above.
joseimora

Posted Nov 09, 2011 in: Grab bag of updates
Up to now, I have been looking for three fundamental improvements:

(1) The ability to save searches AND sorts,

(2) The ability to create customizable sort fields. You have this, but in a very limited and constrained manner. Your tags are very flimsy and it is very easy to make an error. For example ta g, t ag, tag are all results of entering "tag." Also, these do not have a hierarchy.

(3) Having a user-friendly way to clip notes and pictures in a way that preserves the format.

For the time being, I have moved to Evernote, since the robust multi-level tags and (3) give me most of what I want. I will be interested in returning to Toodledo when I see some movement in these areas. You have made good improvements, but I need these basics first.

This message was edited Nov 09, 2011.
joseimora

One of the problems with tags is that it also saves typos. It is a very non-robust feature. After a while, I have the following for the same tag:

tag1
t ag1
ta g1
tag 1

and any other typo. This would not happen in a robust drop-down menu.

Also, I would LOVE to have fields that I could configure for my own purposes. Tag is just a very flimsy way to do that.
joseimora

Posted Aug 09, 2011 in: Sorting pages within Notebook folders
I might add that the ability to save the sort selections would make both searches and folders truly customized.

When I have taken the time to create a custom search, and saved it, it is because I found the information to be useful.

I am then able to get right back to where I was, confident that I have the correct information in front of me.

It is very easy to forget later on, and when I return to it after having changed sort settings in other views, I now am not able to return to it - and may miss some critical information.

The ability to save the sorts in both folders and searches would be a major step forward.
joseimora

Posted Aug 06, 2011 in: Strange layout
I have the same issue. Corporation still officially using IE6. My work-around was to also install Google Chrome in the same laptop.
joseimora

Score: -1
Any news on when we might be able to save our sort settings along with saved searches? Part of the power of a particular search view is to be able to see the items sorted in a particular manner.

Also, the saved searches are not available in the iPhone version.

These would be very welcome additions.
joseimora

Posted Jun 16, 2011 in: iPhone Question?
Is there a way to see the searches on the iPhone app? I depend on customized searches when I use Toodledo. Without those, the app is not very useful to me.
joseimora

Score: -1
Correction: the subtasks are "next step" or "waiting" Only the main issue is "active"
joseimora

Score: 1
I've found the same issue - that I did not want to move items from their home folder due to their level of activity. I've found a few work-arounds using contexts and status.

However, my use of context is a bit different from GTD. Since most of my work is out of a "nomadic" office (e.g. road warrior), I can basically do anything from anywhere, so the location-based contexts aren't as meaningful to me (plus, there are after all LOCATIONS for that purpose).

José's Context List:
Main Issue (this is a header for what GTD might call a "project"
Schedule Tasks (e.g calendar / appointment specific)
Budget Tasks (e.g. money related tasks)
Routine Tasks (repetitive chores)
To-do Item (can be done at any time)

The Main Issue does not have a start or due date
The Main Issue has a status of "active"
All the items below are sub-tasks of the main issue.
All the items below are also "active" or "waiting" in status

This allows me to keep everything in it's proper "overall project" folder while manipulating status, and context in a way that is better suited to my needs.
joseimora

+1

I agree that we should have more than one context as an option.

I also agree that tags are such a mess that I've practically stopped using them. Each and every spelling error results in a bunch of tags for the same thing. This feature needs to be re-designed so there is a more secure way to add tags.

Also, why don't we have the ability to create our own field(s)? This way, we could have the flexibility to sort by as many ways as we wish.
joseimora

Posted May 31, 2011 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
This is a key feature and functionality that is needed. When I save a Search, part of the functionality of that search is that I am able to re-create the same view that I saved - including the sort priorities.

Why hasn't this been addressed? It has been requested for quite some time.