ForumsNewsToodledo Mac Menu Bar App

Toodledo Mac Menu Bar App
Eric

Posted: Aug 22, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to use the app, but get the following as soon as I make a change to my extant tasks:
Offline: Task edit queued until we are online.

But of course, I am on line. Have tried signing out and back in, same problem.
Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on Macbook Pro, Chrome my default browser

Any hints? Thanks
djmavrax

Posted: Sep 02, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
I can't get the menu bar app to sign-in. I write my credentials, click the "sign in" button and nothing happens!
bretml

Posted: Sep 07, 2013
Just downloaded the app. Seems quite handy. Some questions/feedback follow:

1) Are there plans to eventually have the app be signed? I had to choose "Allow applications downloaded from Anywhere" in the Security & Privacy System Preferences in order to get it to launch.
2) Can you enable copy/paste?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 08, 2013
Yes, both of these are planned.

Thanks
jgiesey

Posted: Sep 12, 2013
Is there any way for the app to remember your view settings between sessions? Every time I restart my computer, I have to go back into the Hotlist and uncheck "Show recently completed tasks" to get it back like it was before.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 12, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
LizP

Posted: Sep 22, 2013
Excellent!!
slateboy

Posted: Oct 02, 2013
with regards to the toodledo mac interface/application, should it alarm the user (pop-up/audio) through the mac or is it just a portal to the online/cloud?

This message was edited Oct 02, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 02, 2013
Eventually will add desktop alarms into our Mac app, but right now it is just a portal to the online site.
Rick Austin

Posted: Oct 16, 2013
Posted by djmavrax:
I can't get the menu bar app to sign-in. I write my credentials, click the "sign in" button and nothing happens!

Same issue here. I've entered my credentials and no go. I've clicked the gear and clicked sign out even though there is no evidence I'm signed in. When I click back into the app, it indicates it is Connecting... and if I keep it displaying it finally displays "Could not load data from Toodledo web site!" after about 20 or 30 seconds.

I've signed out again, quit the application, re-launched, and signed in again with the same results. I'm successfully logged in via a browser as well as the iPhone app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
That is strange. I can't reproduce that error, but I will look into it and see what I can do.
matthew.ayres

Definitely useful - was looking for something like this.

A little bit irritating that you cannot collapse / manually reorder groups things like folder.

Also, would love it if font size could be customised or tasks wrapped because I have lots of tasks that read "write up how models are..." and "ensure that journal entries have..." so its a little frustrating to have to click through the whole time.
Heathy65

Posted: Oct 30, 2013
I just tired this app on OS X Mavericks and I just get "Connecting..." then "Could not load data from toodledo website!".

I can reach m.toodledo.com via Safari though.

Any thoughts?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 30, 2013
We have not been able to reproduce this issue, but we are continuing to investigate. It may be an issue with the firewall or router that we haven't stumbled upon yet.
langenfloris

Posted: Nov 03, 2013
Just downloaded this using Firefox on Macbook Pro (updated to Mavericks), but can't get past message that says: "Toodledo can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer". Any ideas?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 03, 2013
Yes, you need to go into "System Preference" and then "Security and Privacy" and then "General" and then unlock it and select "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere".

We are also working to get apple to recognize us as an official developer.
atmendez

Posted: Nov 07, 2013
A quicker and safer way to allow an unsigned app is to open it by right-clicking and selecting "Open." A dialogue box will ask you if you really want to open an unsigned app. This allows you to keep your system default while also granting an exception to Toodledo (or any other app you trust).
qbit

Posted: Dec 10, 2013
Receiving this error, also on Mavericks, when clicking on the pulldown: "Could not load data from toodledo web site!"
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 11, 2013
Thanks for the bug report.
alaburoh

Posted: Jan 19, 2014
Hi Guys,
same issue here (MB Pro Retina,OS X 10.9.1 (13B42).
With the first time toolbar launch I got sign-in window. After typing my credentials and click "Sign-in" button nothing happens. When I quit the application and launch it again I get only "Connecting" message and after 10 sec. "Could not load data from Tootledo website!"

I have Little Snitch Network Monitor installed on my Mac. I can see a traffic to m.toodledo.com during "Connecting" stage. Captured that traffic to pcap file and opened it in Wireshark. I can see HTTP connection, TLS handshake and application data over HTTPS.

It seems that there is no issue with the connection.
Tried to remove the app and install it again. Still the same problem.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.