ForumsNewsWorkhours Left in be Productive

Workhours Left in be Productive
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 02, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
We have made a little tool that some people may find useful for planning your time. This tool will show you the number of work hours left in the day, week, month and year so that you can see how much time you have left to be productive. It is customizable for your work schedule. Do you know how many hours you have left to work this year?

If you give time estimates to tasks, you can use this tool to help you schedule tasks effectively and not make the mistake of over-scheduling yourself. For example, there are only 166 work hours left in October (at the time of this post, assuming 8 hours worked per weekday and standard US holidays). Given this, it would be foolish and ultimately discouraging to schedule 200hrs of work for this month.

I have personally been using this tool for about a month to plan my weeks, and it has been a big help with prioritization.

This tool is available in the "Tools" section under the "More..." option. Here is the direct link:
http://www.toodledo.com/tools/workhours/index.php
davidatkinson

Posted: Oct 04, 2013
Nice idea, thanks.
Can you add more 'Other' fields so I can add my personal holidays and days out of the office for training, business trips, etc. This will return a more accurate result.
Thanks
David
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 04, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion. We plan to add international holidays, so I'll add more "other" fields at this time.
betsys

Posted: Mar 09, 2014
Nifty. I used to use a product called Above and Beyond from 1Soft that did this and it was a lot of fun.(at the time I abandoned A&B because it did not have true 2-way sync to Palm, which dates me, and I think they've abandoned it)

What would make this truly useful for me would be knowledge of meetings. I have meetings in Outlook (and syncing to Google Calendar, but Google Calendar doesn't know about meetings I've accepted from other people).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.