ForumsNewsToodledo for Apple Watch

Toodledo for Apple Watch
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 27, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Toodledo is now available for Apple Watch! It's actually been available for several weeks (since our last iOS app update), but now that Apple Watch has started to ship we thought we'd tell you about it.

With Toodledo's Apple Watch app, you can view your hotlist, complete tasks and get alarms for tasks that are due soon. We have future plans for even more functionality.

Read more about our Apple Watch app here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/applewatch.php
tim_layton

Score: 2 Reference
Any plans for anything for the Pebble/Pebble time?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Maybe. We're looking into that as well as Android Wear.
dansoper

Score: 1 Reference
Great that Toodledo was one of the first apps I could try on the Apple Watch!! Most of the titles of my tasks are shortened because they're longer than a word or two - when I tap them and go to the detail view the titles are still shortened - so I can never read the complete thing. Is there a way of making it wrap over the next line so I can see it all?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We're working on text wrapping for the next update.
therick311

Posted: Apr 28, 2015
Score: 3 Reference
Pebble support would be greatly appreciated!
sgardner1976

Posted: May 20, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Are we adding the feature to add tasks either by typing or by Siri?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 20, 2015
It's on our todo list.
Fred_Foote

Posted: May 24, 2015
In my mind, all other features PALE in comparison to simply tapping the Watch in order to add a task.

The Apple Watch -- as all the top reviewers seem to now agree -- is a device for GLANCES and ONE or TWO clicks, never more. For any light-lifting (never mind medium- or heavy-lifting!), we have our phones. I think that's why the ability to see, sort, search, etc., are all danger zones, if not missing the point altogether.

I really hope the app for the Apple Watch: (1) sticks to hotlist only (or maybe a user-defined list, but that's what hotlist is), (2) makes adding tasks a simple tap with Siri ready to take the note, (3) the ability to mark a task on the hotlist as done or deleted. Of these three, Number 2 is the most important. It's what one needs to do in a flash without pulling up the iPhone and finding the app.

This message was edited May 24, 2015.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 26, 2015
We are working on adding tasks via the watch. We only just got our watch last week, so we haven't had much time to experiment and implement this feature. It will get done.

As for marking a task completed/deleted. You can do this. Tap the task and then "force tap" to get the options to complete/delete.
jraggio

Posted: Jun 03, 2015
I'd also suggest listing tasks that are due today with an easy way to defer them to future date. See the Todoist free app for some cool UI ideas. It's pretty slick. It also allows an easy way to add a new task to the inbox. I prefer everything else about Toodledo, though so I'm sticking around. Hoping that you can improve the Apple Watch app. Wouldn't mind a more modern looking iPhone app with a look and feel like Todoist and Fantastical.

Thanks,
John
Fred_Foote

Posted: Jun 04, 2015
Posted by Big Fred:
In my mind, all other features PALE in comparison to simply tapping the Watch in order to add a task.

The Apple Watch -- as all the top reviewers seem to now agree -- is a device for GLANCES and ONE or TWO clicks, never more. For any light-lifting (never mind medium- or heavy-lifting!), we have our phones. I think that's why the ability to see, sort, search, etc., are all danger zones, if not missing the point altogether.

I really hope the app for the Apple Watch: (1) sticks to hotlist only (or maybe a user-defined list, but that's what hotlist is), (2) makes adding tasks a simple tap with Siri ready to take the note, (3) the ability to mark a task on the hotlist as done or deleted. Of these three, Number 2 is the most important. It's what one needs to do in a flash without pulling up the iPhone and finding the app.

Actually, would you consider a separate app that permits Toodledo to be a "complication" in the corner of the Watch and then simply permits the addition of a task upon tapping the complication? That's it. I would use it 10 times a day, at least. Everything else would be easier on our iPhones WHICH WE HAVE ON US. The ONLY thing at which the Apple Watch could kick the iPhone's figurative rear end would be a one-touch app on the Watch for adding a new task without having to pull out the phone, launch the app, etc.

This message was edited Jun 04, 2015.
michael_1326487018

Posted: Jul 01, 2015
Adding one touch complications where I can us dictation entry that go to a predefined folder would make my life super convenient. I've had mixed results with the reminder pickup feature so that would be a faster alternative.

Also I use Toodledo for work and home and because of that have two separate searches setup as Hotlists for each group. It would be nice to use a search as the displayed list on my watch so the two areas don't blend.

As stated earlier word wrapping or more importantly scrolling would be a huge help. I have tasks labeled "Case 0023345 - Property is complaining about XYX" that's a pain without some kind of scrolling since most of the work content follows a similar pattern.
n4simpson

Posted: Jul 02, 2015
Hi. Text wrapping is absolutely required. At the moment the app is useless to me. I can only see the first 12 characters (including spaces) of a task and you see no more even if you tap on it. I agree you should not over complicate it, just Hotlist or user defined search with the ability to complete, delete and to create a new task via Siri.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 04, 2015
Text wrapping will be in the next update.
kentpavelka

Posted: Jul 06, 2015
Two things I would like to share and get feedback about:

1. When I tap on the Toodledo Apple Watch app, the screen often shows an incorrect number of tasks still to be completed on the Hotlist and I know that number is incorrect. When I tap on the screen, the correct number of remaing tasks are listed. Once in awhile the screen will refresh (or whatever...I know not why) to show the correct number of tasks remaining. Is it buggy or am I doing something wrong.

2. As it currently works, in order to see the correct number of Hotlist tasks still to be completed on the watch, I first must go into the app on the iPhone and have the app sync. That is very annoying, not to mention rendering the watch app way less than useful, because I must interact with both devices. I can tell you that I am not using the watch app very much because when I go to it, the task list is not correct since I mark my tasks complete mostly on my Mac...not on my phone. Bottom line: would like not to have to sync the phone app in order for the watch to show the correct number of tasks still to be completed. This is a very big deal.

This message was edited Jul 06, 2015.
Master Brian

Posted: Jul 07, 2015
Adding my vote for adding Pebble Time integration. Got mine via Kickstarter several weeks ago and it is a lot nicer than the first generation watch and a lot more economical than the Apple Watch.
kentpavelka

Posted: Jul 10, 2015
Really disappointed no response to question about inexplicable numbers showing on watch icon above.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 13, 2015
Currently, the phone app is in charge of updating the watch. This is how Apple has designed it to work. For this reason, the app must be launched for the hotlist to be updated and the new numbers to be sent to the watch. I know this isn't perfect, and Apple is planning to change this in the next update to the Apple Watch.
kentpavelka

Posted: Jul 13, 2015
Jake: Was the above a reply to my questions? Can you tell me why the following scenario would be the case, plz?: I have 9 items to do on my Hotlist. I have 0 items that are overdue...why does the watch app show 10+ inside the red circle and 25 items overdue?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.