ForumsNewsNew Logo and Updated Lists/Outlines section

New Logo and Updated Lists/Outlines section
Thomas R

Posted: Jul 08, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
@Jake: Fixed in full screen mode but not in window mode.

Screenshot here:
http://s14.postimg.org/c49kl9dtd/Safari_in_Window_Mode.png

Thanks for the quick response.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Jul 10, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I like that, in the web version anyway, Outline items now word wrap properly. That's great and should be brought into the mobile apps too (I'm imagining that as a fairly straightforward fix since the tasks already word wrap in the iOS mobile app.).

However, I'm not really sure about some other choices that were made for the Outlines section.

In particular, it would be really, really helpful if, both on the web version and in the mobile apps, there was a single button for hide/unhide checked as well as another button for collapse all/expand all. There's easily enough screen real estate to do that. They don't have to be massive buttons with tons of text! Those would be way better if they were a single clicks on a dedicated icon for each, not click—scroll—find—click as it is now.

My biggest concern with the Outlines section is it is often too slow on the mobile iOS app to be usable, which is why I, reluctantly, use Google Tasks along with either of two good google tasks iOS apps (gTasks and Go Tasks are about the best iOS apps for Google Tasks, and they're worth taking a look at for how Toodledo's mobile iOS Outlines section might be optimized: gTasks handles hide/unhide better and Go Tasks does word wrap—the combination of those two would really benefit Toodledo's mobile Outlines section). I'd really love to do away with those and use Toodledo's Outlines instead!

This message was edited Jul 10, 2015.
charles.willingham

"now access lists on any mobile device or tablet." I'm not seeing Lists on my iPhone
Purveyor

Score: -1 Reference
You've always been able to see your Lists on your iPhone by going to your browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.) and logging into Toodledo. You can even add https://lists.toodledo.com/#/dashboard to your Home Screen.

Now, the web pages look better on mobile devices and tablets.

BTW, when you put something in quotes, you should be quoting what someone actually wrote.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Lists will be coming to the iPhone app next week. In the meantime, you can access it from your mobile web browser and it will work great from there.
Geoff Peters

Score: 1 Reference
The new logo looks nicer than the old one, but I got so used to the old look that with the new logo my task list doesn't "feel" the same anymore. I am certain that after a few weeks with the new logo I will be fine again, but right now my task list doesn't seem like mine anymore or something. I guess it's psychology at work ....

Cheers,
Geoff
Christoph Dollis

Posted by Geoff Peters:
The new logo looks nicer than the old one, but I got so used to the old look that with the new logo my task list doesn't "feel" the same anymore.

Ha ha, yes. The purple and gold, not colors I would have personally chosen, had nonetheless grown on me. :P
Ann M

Posted: Jul 17, 2015
While I am a fan of your updates I have to say I am still disappointed with the outline redesign. What normally can be outlined in a document in one page takes four pages in your module due to the excess spacing between items. I wish it it was just more condensed like the task list because for me it's still too bulky and unusable. Ann
shelbyp

Posted: Jul 18, 2015
I just used the new website for outlines on the IPAD and the difference is huge. Actually I already found the old website good for outlines, but it was not usable on the IPad and the app was not very user friendly. This redesign is really brilliant, the website is now fast and use friendly for the outlines (did not use the other sections much yet).

great work!
I would second the comment from Ann that perhaps a little less space between the lines would allow us to see more info, I have outlines with 200+ items, but overall this update is huge. In my case I probably don't need the app anymore (I don't need the offline functionality that much). I do find it a big + to be able to use the same website on all devices, the userX is more consistent.

thanks!
shelby
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.