ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
physicschic

Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Score: 6 Reference
Ten+ years.
Toodledo was the best.
Silver was the perfect level of functionality for me, with a reliable history.
I make it a point to not throw money away on subscriptions, but with the value of Toodledo, I made an exception.

I recommended Toodledo with the "DTG GTD" app for those who needed to use a straightforward organization web interface with a great app.

I have been swamped with life, and now that my 2-yr silver subscription is expiring, I am so disappointed.

No, I am not going to allow Toodledo to pigeonhole me into a 300% cost increase to lose functions. And no, a
500% increase to maintain the same level of functionality is stupidity. I am so very glad that others here confirmed that Toodledo truly has abandoned the Silver-level of functionality.

I have a few days to start truly comparing all these GTD competing services. There are a lot of them nowadays, and I appreciate the discussions here. The question is which ones offer the simple power-user level that I prefer.

Since Toodledo abandoned plans such as the one that I have depended on for 10+ years, I suppose I have to go through the hastle of abandoning any delusion of customer loyalty.

It's looking like most GTD services reserve the level of functionality that I had found to be fundamental are at $$-levels of cost. I'm throwing Toodledo into the heap as a mere option in the cost-benefit analysis.

I've backed up my data.
Now to start over from scratch. I'm not looking forward to this.

This message was edited Mar 25, 2019.
Purveyor

Posted: Mar 24, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by MelodyB_2:
I'm sad to leave Toodledoo. I have looked at other things. But I really do need control over my private life and I don't need a kanban board or anything like that. I just need a nice little thing with multi-level tasks and decent printability.
Which alternative did you find?
MelodyB_2

Posted: Mar 27, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by MelodyB_2:
I'm sad to leave Toodledoo. I have looked at other things. But I really do need control over my private life and I don't need a kanban board or anything like that. I just need a nice little thing with multi-level tasks and decent printability.

I haven't yet. I may actually end up going paper. I'm trying to get my mom more organized with all the stuff she needs to track so I can more easily take over for her in the probably-not-too-distant future (she's 85). If I just start with paper, I get everything I want - hierarchical task lists and reasonable printing (though at the cost of hand-entry).
MelodyB_2

Posted by MelodyB_2:
Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by MelodyB_2:

I haven't yet. I may actually end up going paper. I'm trying to get my mom more organized with all the stuff she needs to track so I can more easily take over for her in the probably-not-too-distant future (she's 85). If I just start with paper, I get everything I want - hierarchical task lists and reasonable printing (though at the cost of hand-entry).

Actually, I did have one I used to use "My Life Organized". Overall, I really liked it. It has a desktop app and a mobile app and some sort of cloud-syncing ability. The last bit is essential for having one's information portable electronically. I'm a little funny about what countries my information might travel through which is why I don't use it myself.
jzamoras

2do app is working on a web app. It's really cool because is what I use in android.
physicschic

Posted: Apr 07, 2019
Good morning everyone. I am still comparing ToDo services. As promised, I'm sharing my findings so far. (I haven't made a decision yet). Toodledo just isn't mentioned on many of these sites, as is MyLifeOrganized. So far, the best comparison tools are the first two websites.

(Yes, I am posting this to the comparison forum as well)
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/26261/3/proscons-of-alternatives-to-toodledo.html

GTD apps Comparison - Task managers, ToDo lists and GTD applications
http://todocompare.com/index.php?l=28,6,1,4,2,3,7,8,29,19,27,23,39,21,63,9,14,45,31,4&f=

Getapp Collaboration software comparison site
https://www.getapp.com/collaboration-software/

Priacta.com Comparison tool
https://priacta.com/Articles/Comparison_of_GTD_Software.php

18 of the Best Productivity Apps: Boost Your Productivity In 2019 (Including Free Alternatives)
https://thedigitalprojectmanager.com/best-productivity-apps-tools/

Slant /versus /Options
https://www.slant.co/options/4437/~mylifeorganized-review
https://versus.com/en/search?q=toodledo

Versus
https://versus.com/en/search?q=todoist%20vs%20toodledo

Zapier's list this month
https://zapier.com/blog/best-todo-list-apps/#other

Lifehack.org
https://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/the-complete-guie-to-list-and-to-do-apps.html

This message was edited Apr 07, 2019.
jaysa_k

Posted: Apr 15, 2019
Score: 4 Reference
I'm a somewhat new user of Toodledo and I can say, that Toodledo is the ONLY app that can do what I need. I'm so happy with Toodledo compared with all the many many other apps I've tried, I almost want to pay more for Toodledo. It makes me sad to see all these longtime users on here who are so disappointed with the price increases. Is it possible you had just become so used to such a low cost that you can't appreciate what you have. Think about the relatively small price (yes the increase may have bee 300% or something, but the over dollars are still relatively small) vs the amount of time and effort it will take to find a new app that does what you want and then get it setup the way you want and get all your data into the new app. Definitely seems like a waste of time and effort to me, when you already have the most comprehensive app that does more than any other app out there.

Here are some of the things that Toodledo can do that other apps don't and that are critical for me:
Sort by so many fields (such as sort by 'date added' - no other app that I found does that)
Categorize in multiple ways (many many layers of categorization and organization: context, folder, tag, priority, goal, etc)
Many features all in one place (Tasks, Lists, Outlines, Habits, Notes)
Interface is extremely easy to learn/use and CUSTOMIZE!
A very good search function

I just think it might be a good idea to rethink your disatisfaction just because of a relatively small absolute $ increase.
-J-O-D-

-deleted-

This message was edited Apr 15, 2019.
pawelkaleta

Posted by jaysa_k:
I almost want to pay more for Toodledo.

Thanks, you made my day! :-)
Ummagumma

Posted: Apr 16, 2019
It doesn’t really matter how many features any service has, what matters is how many of them are utilized.

I don’t care about the date added. And multi-level categorization is, to me, an overly complicated and time consuming workflow that forces one to spend more time managing and classifying their tasks than actually working on them.

I only used a few Toodledo task attributes above a simple task manager, start date, subtasks, and attachments.

Subtask filtering never worked the way I want it to work (look at 2Do to see it done right).

Attachments were unavailable on mobile devices.

Apple Watch app was all but useless and then it was killed off.

No background sync with iOS Reminders.

No native sync with Outlook, only the single most used desktop task client.

An outdated mobile app.

I could go on and on.

And now they want us to pay more than practically all other competing services aee charging? Many of which actually have their stuff together? All while providing the same service unchanged in years ? Sorry, redesigning web client without adding any major functionality, and killing off Watch app, don’t constitute “upgrades”.

You’re welcome to pay double or triple to show your appreciation for this. I’ve already moved on.

This message was edited Apr 16, 2019.
dmos01

Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Posted by jaysa_k:
Sort by so many fields (such as sort by 'date added' - no other app that I found does that)

Doesn't Remember the Milk Premium do that?
Purveyor

Yes, it does: advanced sorts.
Robert_Work

Agree. Finding and configuring a new system takes a lot of time. Worth it to me to pay +$30 for a year. Toodledo is perfect for my MYN based workflow.

Posted by jaysa_k:
I'm a somewhat new user of Toodledo and I can say, that Toodledo is the ONLY app that can do what I need. I'm so happy with Toodledo compared with all the many many other apps I've tried, I almost want to pay more for Toodledo. It makes me sad to see all these longtime users on here who are so disappointed with the price increases. Is it possible you had just become so used to such a low cost that you can't appreciate what you have. Think about the relatively small price (yes the increase may have bee 300% or something, but the over dollars are still relatively small) vs the amount of time and effort it will take to find a new app that does what you want and then get it setup the way you want and get all your data into the new app. Definitely seems like a waste of time and effort to me, when you already have the most comprehensive app that does more than any other app out there.

Here are some of the things that Toodledo can do that other apps don't and that are critical for me:
Categorize in multiple ways (many many layers of categorization and organization: context, folder, tag, priority, goal, etc)
Many features all in one place (Tasks, Lists, Outlines, Habits, Notes)
Interface is extremely easy to learn/use and CUSTOMIZE!
A very good search function

I just think it might be a good idea to rethink your disatisfaction just because of a relatively small absolute $ increase.
pawelkaleta

Posted: Apr 18, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
It took me one evening only (or better to say, only several hours) to migrate to another service (partially even manually) once I had decided which alternative to use. The research I considered more as fun than a pain, so I don't treat that stage like a cost worth paying tripled price.

I personally don't see the progress that had been anounced when new owners communicated the price increase. What is more, it's hard to find even only one feature added by new team, which worked with no issues and some of them are still full of bugs. Poor implementation, no testing (or testing on production), higher price, lot of promises, and no results.

I'm still monitor the forum (just a habit) and I can't believe there are still so many users declaring their loyalty and willingness to pay so much for such low quality.
-J-O-D-

That is probably because some of us do not think about it as low quality... (And just to be clear, I have migrated from and to Toodledo several times and I have an exit strategy ready and can migrate within several hours completely.)
Purveyor

Posted by pawelkaleta:
Poor implementation, no testing (or testing on production), higher price, lot of promises, and no results.
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!

I have a few months to go on my subscription and, unless there's a substantial improvement in features (and an iOS app that I want to use), I'll be leaving, or possibly downgrading to a free subscription and using Toodledo as a secondary tool.

I was willing to pay to support Jake (especially in the early years) because I respected what he was doing. I'm not interested in supporting the new owners.
garyo

Posted: Apr 20, 2019
I've been using Toodledo for over 10 years (paid) and after looking around at other options (again!) last month, it's still the only app that does everything I need. And now that it has multiselect (well, almost -- still some kinks there) which was my top request, I'm even happier.
Sure the interface is cluttered. But there is so much information on one screen. Keyboard shortcuts make it super quick to enter tasks and plan my day. Definitely still worth it for me.
lenon78

I think having toodledo helped me a lot in building my habits plus other apps.
https://bit.ly/2C8sXDF
#habits
Ummagumma

It was an excellent service for a very long time. Which is why so many loyal users kept coming back to it and continued to support it even as the development slowed down.

But now, it’s ridiculously overpriced and badly antiquated or outright lacking in many areas that are important to me - desktop sync, Apple Watch support, seamless integration with Reminders, the Apple client is in a rather sad state, subtask filtering is very clunky, no attachments on mobile...

Even under the old subscription model, buying it was more trying to support a service that I was somewhat nostalgically attached to, and the developer who was very generous over the years.

Now, with all of the old shortcomings, the new owners whom I owe no loyalty to, and a jacked up price that’s more expensive than most of their competitors, I am not sure what they expected us to do...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.