ForumsQuestionsSkins/CSS/Color theme for Toodledo

Skins/CSS/Color theme for Toodledo
Qrystal

Posted: Apr 25, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I fiddled around with Stylish to see what I could do, but when it stopped letting me "preview" I gave up, and didn't save.

I did manage to fix the "overhanging" thing that Ryan was talking about, though. I was just playing around with the padding and margins of everything (found that andy's scheme had too much space for my taste) and the problem fixed itself. Maybe something wasn't adding up to what its container's width was equalling?

I'll keep checking it out though, and seeing what I can come up with! If Toodledo were to come up with a guide to their setup, that would be awesome .. but maybe once I'm more experienced with CSS I'll be able to read it like a book. :P
Andy

Posted: Apr 28, 2008
@toodledo i changed my css so that the 'toggle' button sits on the edge of the menu, but it is then not clickable for some reason. any ideas?

@qrystal i was actually thinking i would comment my css better so that it is easier for people to edit. will get on it
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 28, 2008
I haven't looked at your code, but I suspect this is because something transparent in your css is on top of the toggle button, which is why you can't click on it.
Bartosz Gajek

Posted: Apr 29, 2008
I am really looking foward to theme tweaking options.
Andy

Posted: Apr 30, 2008
Yes, that was the problem. I've fixed it now.
tarch

Posted: Apr 30, 2008
@Andy - The toggle button works on my end. I really appreciate your work on the skin.
danbuhler

Posted: Jul 15, 2008
Wow! I'm all for function over form, but Toodledo is %!@# ugly! It may be the best app out there, but if it weren't for me stumbling on this page, I would have used a different app.

THANK-YOU!
rachel

Posted: Dec 06, 2008
I have tried out many different GTD apps, and I am very happy with the powerful tools that Toodledo provides at a reasonable price. Toodledo is definitely the way to go for me. I am just hoping you folks can improve the user interface, making it more graphical and less text based. I think Andy's skin looks nice, but it is not a radical enough change for me because I am a very visually oriented person.

I'm no programmer, so I can't explain exactly what I'm looking for, but I can give a concrete example. Please see the app "Things" for the Mac and for iPhone. I am particularly looking at the icons (large, friendly, related to content, and slightly 3D looking), layout (more like an Apple world than a database), font sizes (larger), menus and general navigation (again, more Mac-like).

Aesthetics seems secondary, but I have a hard time getting stuff done, anyway. If the interface encourages me visually to check the list, I'm much more likely to look at the list. (For me, nothing on the list gets done if I don't look at the list.)

Thank you for all your hard work, developers and users.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2008.
woelfelschneider

Posted: Mar 30, 2009
Hi everyone. Any chance we get to see andy's style become "official"? Toodledo wouldn't only top the cow in terms of functionality but also regarding the looks. It doesn't seem to work with stylish anymore (at least for me).

This message was edited Mar 30, 2009.
Stephane

Posted: Apr 14, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
+1 with woelfelschneider's post.

I go from one machine to another a lot and it would be nice to have the same look no matter which PC I use.

Andy's theme is by far the best I have seen for Toddledo!

PLEASE incorporate Andy's theme in your official selection!
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 16, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by woelfelschneider:
Hi everyone. Any chance we get to see andy's style become "official"? Toodledo wouldn't only top the cow in terms of functionality but also regarding the looks. It doesn't seem to work with stylish anymore (at least for me).

i totally agree, please!?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.