ForumsQuestionsiOS 5

iOS 5
Estoril

Posted: Jun 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
As iOS 5 is in the news right now I was wondering if there are plans to integrate Toodledo with the new Tasks feature in iOS 5?

I really love Toodledo for both the iPhone app and the brower but it would be good to have the iPhone app work with the browser......
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It was only announced yesterday, so we are still digesting the news. We don't even know yet if Apple allows us to access the data in their to-do app. We'll figure it out and do the right thing.
eykanal

Score: 1 Reference
I was going to post a new topic, but this one will do.

After watching the keynote and reading up on the details of how Reminders works, I'm glad I'm using Toodledo. You guys offer better date options, better repeat options, better list management (via contexts and folders), a "faster" app (less clicks for the same thing), and have the experience of having been working on this for the past while. This doesn't even touch the fact that I can access my items on any device - iPod, iPad, mac, some other random computer, wherever - while using Toodledo, but not Reminders.

I'm a paying user of Toodledo, and I'm glad I am. I'll definitely be sticking with you guys.
Mark

Posted: Oct 16, 2011
Any news?
redleghicks

Posted: Oct 17, 2011
Bump
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 17, 2011
It appears that Apple does not provide a way to access the data inside the "Reminders" app. So, until they change this, there is no way for us (or anyone) to get at this data.
darryl_miles

Posted: Oct 18, 2011
The Reminders app appears very basic... for now. I'd love it if Toodle-Do can bring out a reminder based on location feature too, but also the ability for alerts to go into the Notification Center.

Daz
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 18, 2011
Toodledo already has reminders based on location. On your iOS device, go to Settings in Toodledo and then Field & Defaults and make sure that "Location" is in the list of "Fields Used". If not, then drag Location up from "Unused Fields" to "Fields Used" by using the 3-bar icon on the far right. Then go to Location Alarms in Settings.

On your iOS device, go to Settings, Notifications to put Toodledo in the Notification Center.
David.Triemer

Posted: Oct 19, 2011
Any chance that Toodledo will integrate Siri into the ios app?
Salgud

They can't at this time. The Siri API is not available to developers.
mpnevans

FYI - Remember the Milk was just updated with Siri functionality / integration. Have they some sort of agreement with Apple?
Salgud

Interesting - I've been reading iPhone 4S reviews all over the place, and virtually all of them have said that they were told by Apple that the Siri API is unavailable to developers for the time being. I very much doubt that RTM would have some kind of paid-for exception since they're a relatively small vendor compared to dozens of others who would happily pay a large premium to have access to Siri. Maybe some sort of pilot test agreement? Or has Apple reversed their position on this already? Will be interesting to see if others follow soon.

If so, get on it, TD! :)

Which begs another question. Wouldn't a request to "remind me to to pick up the milk" go to the new Reminders app, which Siri is connected to already? Is that command being intercepted somehow by RTM? Curious!

Does anyone else have any info on this?
Salgud

I just googled "Siri API" and found the answer:

http://tnw.co/pJs2b6

They found a way around needing the API! Pretty clever.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2011.
ereyes.az

Posted: Oct 20, 2011
RTM uses CalDav to add tasks using Siri and IOS 5 Reminders app. You set up RTM as CalDav as a new Mail account in IOS settings and set as default list. Does Toodledo allow us to add tasks using CalDav?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2011
Toodledo does not run a CalDav server, so this isn't a possibility at this time, but we are looking into it.
jabs_todo Post deleted
jabs_todo

Posted: Oct 26, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
Toodledo does not run a CalDav server, so this isn't a possibility at this time, but we are looking into it.

Another vote in favor of you doing this. In general, having complete siri integration would be great. For example, how would one use siri to add a new todo item in a particular folder or context?

thanks!

This message was edited Oct 26, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2011
Yes, we are in full agreement that Siri support would be great. We hope Apple provides this in the future.
emil.rimsby

Posted: Nov 04, 2011
Since I've used the Toodledo-plugin for Outlook by Chromatic Dragon, I definetly would benefit from an integration between iOS Reminders and Toodledo, since iOS Reminders work with tasks in Microsoft Exchange enviroment.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 04, 2011
Apple does not allow access to the data inside iOS Reminders at the moment, but when they do, we will take advantage of it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.