ForumsQuestionsMultiple Timestamped Notes for Task

Multiple Timestamped Notes for Task
paulebacher

Posted: Sep 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I really love the new GUI. It is very intuitive and functional. Great Job. One feature that would be very helpful to me is to be able to have multiple, timestamped notes for each task instead of one large note field. I would use this as a journal or record of the progress on completing a task.
Folke X

RTM has that. It is very handy sometimes, just as you say, but it can also get in the way, since it makes it difficult for you to gradually refine your notes by simply editing them.

If introduced, I would suggest this feature be switchable - a default setting plus a temporary override.

This message was edited Sep 07, 2011.
megsaint

+1 for this feature. I find it very useful.
daniel_h

+1
in the meantime, and at toodledo's suggestion, I have started using text expander for this. I use it on mac and iPad, and also a compatible windows program called breevy. All platforms share one set of "snippets.".

So, now, I type "dd," and the current date and time, along with my initials, are inserted into the note field. I set it up for my assistant, too, so that when she updates my notes, it does the same with her initials. this way, I use the note field as a running time log of updates on every task.
paulebacher

Posted: Sep 23, 2011
Breevy is very cool. Thanks for the suggestion.
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
I've found a workaround that does just fine for me. I type in the date. This takes about 5 seconds, at most. YMMV.
Purveyor

Salgud, I guess it takes you longer than 5 seconds to type "Toodledo" ...
ProBC

Posted: Nov 14, 2011
+1 for the multiple notes per task. Would be nice if it showed the time/date of the submitted note and the user that posted it.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 14, 2011
Posted by Purveyor:
Salgud, I guess it takes you longer than 5 seconds to type "Toodledo" ...

Probably about 10 seconds to type "Toodledo", 12 with the quotes. :) I'm not a very good typist.
gadgetgeek

Posted: Nov 15, 2011
+1 for this. I just tried the do.com beta and I like that they have this feature.
csperret

Posted: Nov 25, 2011
+1 for this very useful functionality
ProBC

Posted: Dec 05, 2011
Can some priority be finally put on this request? Searching the forums brings up posts from ages ago with the same response saying that it's in the roadmap but with no date. Not being able to have multiple timestamped notes from various users per task is a definate short coming of the system.

I propose an expansion to the current notes icon/column to indicate how many notes are actually on each task, and whether or not there are any newly posted notes from other collaborators.

Is there someone at Toodledo that we can pursuade to get this accomplished?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 06, 2011
This is still on our to-do list. The task note was designed to be a single blob of text that explains the task in more detail. It was not designed to be a timestamped conversation between collaborators. This is a more technically challenging feature to add, but it is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.