ForumsQuestionsFeature Request: On-the-fly Creation

Feature Request: On-the-fly Creation
BHastings117755

Posted: Jan 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. One of the things toodledo doesn't (seem) to do, that I like about (for example) gmail is that in gmail I can select from a list of existing labels or choose to create a new one.

This would be a nice feature to have for folders/contexts/etc. rather than having to go to a separate screen. Speeds setup and reduces learning curve IMO.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Thanks, great work.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
melchizW

Posted by BHastings117755:

This would be a nice feature to have for folders/contexts/etc. rather than having to go to a separate screen. Speeds setup and reduces learning curve IMO.

Thanks, great work.

do you mean add an option for " add new folder " or context to the drop down menus in the columns ?
BHastings117755

do you mean add an option for " add new folder " or context to the drop down menus in the columns ?

ya. kind of like gmail has for labels. so you would have a list of all your contexts in the drop-down menu and also a "add new context..." option in the same menu, which you could then input at the same time as task creation.
melchizW

that would be awesome , I'm wondering if it would still have to reference the other pages though anyway ? I'm guessing that toodledo is built for speed on the most commonly used features . I've noticed some other online programs with more bells and whistles don't run quite as fast/smooth.

I don't want a RTM look-alike , the format drove me bonkers : )
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 21, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.