ForumsQuestionsOpening a new browser window

Opening a new browser window
JohnLara

Posted: Feb 08, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I'd like to put a vote in for automatic adding of target code to things that look like Web addresses in the notes or task fields.

I often task a web address (or put it in the note) to remember to check something out. But TD now opens the new site, replacing the current site in my browser. Clicking on a link in TD I don't think implies navigating away...I think it's part of a list of things to look at.

Anyways, i'm sure there would be some contention about this in the community, seems like a setting ... either code URLs to open in current window or a new window.

Tahnks for listening...well reading actually I guess.

John
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 08, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
It seems that the main consideration is the opinion of Jake, the Toodledo developer and administrator.
Posted by Toodledo:
Personally, I hate it when websites spawn new windows. I much prefer for a link to open in the current window. There is a key that you can hold down on your keyboard when clicking to cause a link to open in a new window or new tab, based on your preference. So, the way it is now, you can have it both ways.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/12213/-66172/read.html

Jake "much prefers" it this way, and that's the way it is in Toodledo, even though this is not how online email applications handle links. Also, several other online task managers open a new tab when you click on a link.

This message was edited Feb 08, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.