ForumsQuestionssyncronizing with outlook

syncronizing with outlook
trommlertom

Posted: Mar 13, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hello!
Is there any chance to syncronize toodledo tasks with outlook?
Does there exist a plugin? I couldn't find it so far...
Help is very much welcome!
Thanks Thomas
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There are several options for this already. Check in our Tools section under "3rd party tools"
trommlertom

Sorry, I should had have to specifiy my request.
I am looking for a free solution.
All I could found in the 3rd party section was to buy.

I read someting ybout chromadrake, but it seems that this service is not available anymore...

Thanks for your help!
Thomas

This message was edited Mar 13, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am not aware of a free solution.
dave_1331924746

Posted: Mar 16, 2012
Maybe I miss understood, downloaded the app on iphone, want to sync w/ my Outlook 2007 task but my station is not wireless here @ the office. Can't I sync w/ Outlook via USB connection?
Purveyor

Posted: Mar 16, 2012
The Toodledo iPhone app does not synchronize with Outlook.
It doesn't sync wirelessly with Outlook.
It doesn't sync via USB with Outlook.

The Toodledo iPhone app syncs with the Toodledo website.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2012
Our website can sync with Outlook via a 3rd party tool that you can find in our Tools section, but Purveyor is right that syncing from the iPhone is only wireless (per Apple's design) and only goes to our website. Iphone to website to Outlook.
vinny.tuccillo

Can you please be a little more specific which 3rd party tool is required. I used to use Chromadrake to synchronize my Outlook tasks as shown here: http://www.vinodlive.com/2008/08/07/how-to-sync-microsoft-outlook-tasks-with-iphone/

As Chromadrake no longer seems to be available, I'm willing to purchase the proper interface to get my Outlook tasks on my iPhone. Using Toodledo has worked well up until the 3rd party stopped working. Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There are at least two options available. gSyncIt and Ceptara. There may be others in our Tools section that I have forgotten.
ksignorini

Posted: Mar 18, 2012
I'm also trying to find a way to sync Outlook with Toodledo, but I'm using Outlook 2011 on the Mac.

Any thoughts how to do this? The tools listed don't quite seem to be able to handle this.

Thanks.
vinny.tuccillo

Posted: Mar 18, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
There are at least two options available. gSyncIt and Ceptara. There may be others in our Tools section that I have forgotten.

Thank you. I will check them out now.
mitchell_1332200094

Posted: Mar 19, 2012
I feel a bit ripped off - I downloaded the $3.99 app for my iphone, registered at the Toodledo site, but did this all because of an article that said that syncing from Toodledo online to my Outlook would be free. Now I learn that the cheapest way to link with Outlook costs $20.

Are you considering a more reasonable solution? That seems expensive - and it seems that you should advise your customers before they purchase. Thank you.
PeterW 

The issue is that Toodledo does not provide any options to sync with Outlook - they are all third-party solutions. The free solution is no longer available, hence your problem of needing to pay for one.

Toodledo may be willing to refund your purchase - perhaps best to raise a support ticket to state your case. And you could then purchase Appigo Todo which syncs with the Toodledo website and use their Outlook sync program which is free. Just note that Appigo's Todo does not support all Toodledo fields and features (e.g. location, goals, start date) but it does sync reliably with Toodledo.
Purveyor

Posted by mitchell_1332200094:
I feel a bit ripped off - I downloaded the $3.99 app for my iphone, registered at the Toodledo site, but did this all because of an article that said that syncing from Toodledo online to my Outlook would be free.
You feel ripped off because "an article" said something that is not true? :-/
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.