ForumsQuestionsAdding notes in grid view

Adding notes in grid view
mtscstr2701

Posted: Apr 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
So say I am in grid view and I have a task and it has an empty notes field, how exactly do I go about adding a note to this?
greginfla_

Posted: Apr 16, 2012
in grid view there should be a sheet looking icon next to the right arrow icon. click on the sheet icon and the next section is open. (this is to the left of the task tittle)
mtscstr2701

Posted: Apr 17, 2012
After the click for actions button there is the task name already no sheet icon that I can see, on the actual task item.
mtscstr2701

Thanks greginfla for the info it pushed me in the right direction.
There is a tick box in the setting which enables the note icon to appear in the grid view, which by default is unticked, I would think that this functionality would be something everyone would want by default.
Purveyor

In Settings you can choose to have the Note icon appear at the far left.
By default, it appears at the far right.
mtscstr2701

Posted: Apr 19, 2012
It does not appear on the far right for me, I tried in both firefox and internet explorer and in neighther did the icon appear on the far right.
Purveyor

Posted: Apr 19, 2012
Try scrolling to display more of your screen to the right.
Can you see the Trashcan icon at the far right?
mtscstr2701

Posted: Apr 24, 2012
I see the trash icon, there is no other icon.
Salgud

Posted: Apr 24, 2012
I believe that if you're seeing the Trash icon at the extreme right, then the notes icon must be there over to the left side, just to the right of the Action icon (gray circle with the curving arrow in it). Do you see that?
mtscstr2701

Posted: Apr 25, 2012
Hmm ok now it is showing up on the right. I did change the spacing between the columns, maybe it was being hidden by that.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.