ForumsQuestionsReally need a bulk notes delete

Really need a bulk notes delete
User1335253205

Posted: Apr 26, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I'm currently using Awesome Notes and am looking around to see what might be better for me.
I'm playing with Notebook,Todo and Toodledo on the iphone all being accessed from Toodledo desktop... Fantastic ... sort of !.
I've just imported a large (350 notes) notebook, realised I need to concatenate some fields, so reimported.. now I have 700 notes, 350 of which need to be deleted.
Looking through the forum I cannot believe that there is no option to delete single notebooks, with or without the notes too !.. Awesome notes asks if you want to delete the notes along with the notebook, if you say no, then it leaves the notes "Unassigned", say yes and that notebook along with the notes gone !. NOT all the notebooks, just the one you want deleted.
It cant be THAT difficult to release this option surely !.
With all the import/export options available in Toodledo the lack of a notebook delete is a showstopper :-(
JPR

From the Settings page (the very bottom) you can delete all your notebooks, and then repeat your last import. Done.
User1335253205

Thanks for that.
I believe thats called a workaround !
Imagine your contacts list in your iphone
Burt your old friend has died so you need to remove his details from your contact list.
Apple say... you cant just delete a single contact, you can only delete ALL your contacts.....
There is a workaround where you delete all your contacts then repeat your list import...
:-)
Nige
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can delete just one notebook entry. Click on the entry you want to delete and then click the trash can to delete it.
User1335253205

Posted: Apr 27, 2012
Ok, I'll try and re-phrase my original request as no-one actually seems to understand what I'm trying to say !.

I've started uping toodledo on my iphone using the web app, I imported a 350 line csv file. One line per note.
I needed to alter the input file, so edited it in excel, then imported it again into toodledo.
Rather than overwrite the existing data (note to developers... option to overwrite or append a notebook!) it duplicated so I now have 700 notes.
I'm quite happy to delete that notebook and start again, but the option seems to be to either DESTROY my entire toodledo account or delete 700 notes one at a time clicking the trash can next to the note.

Are they my only options ?
I cannot believe that Toodledo, which allows importing of different formats from all over the place doesnt have a delete notebook option (like awesome notes does !!)

Hoping that explains my problem a bit better.
Regards
Nige
Purveyor

JPR answered your question:

Posted by JPR:
From the Settings page (the very bottom) you can delete all your notebooks, and then repeat your last import. Done.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can delete all of the notebook entries, or one at a time.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.