ForumsQuestionsHow to: Recurrent task on last weekday of the month

How to: Recurrent task on last weekday of the month
bpj.wetask

Posted: Jun 20, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I need to do some tasks (e.g. inventory count) on the last workday of the month. The office is open M-F and closed Sat/Sun. One problem is some months have 31 days, others 30 and February can be either 28 or 29. Second problem is that if the last day of the month falls on a weekend, I run the risk of not getting the task done on time and not realizing it until returning to work on Monday. Not good.

In my own attempt to make this happen I entered "The last weekday of each month" in the repeat column. Unfortunately it gets interpreted as "The last Wed of each month".

How do I set this up?

This message was edited Jun 20, 2012.
Purveyor

You can try this:
Create a task that repeats "the last Monday of each month" as a reminder to create the actual task(s) with a Due Date on the last weekday of the month.

This message was edited Jun 20, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We plan to support this in the future.

In the meantime, another suggestion is to have a task due on the first of the month with a reminder or start-date that is 3 days prior. This reminder will trigger very close to the last weekday of the previous month.
bpj.wetask

Posted by Toodledo:
We plan to support this in the future.

In the meantime, another suggestion is to have a task due on the first of the month with a reminder or start-date that is 3 days prior. This reminder will trigger very close to the last weekday of the previous month.

That is what I was planning to do if no good answers came up. However since one of the examples of something I could type for an advanced Repeating Task is "every weekday", I thought that "weekday" was appropriate syntax and that it was me doing something wrong. I'll deal with it in your suggested manner for now until a better way comes along!
nwpsys

Posted: Jun 28, 2012
I know it's not much of an incentive, but if you implement "Last day of every month" and "Last weekday of every month" as recurring event options, I'll sign up for a Pro subscription.

Can't say fairer than that :)

Nige
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.