ForumsQuestionsSaved Search in iPad App

Saved Search in iPad App
david.humble

Posted: Jul 11, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
This is more of a suggestion than a question, but hey:

One of the best things about Toodledo - and one of the reasons I always come back to it after trying other apps better tailored to GTD - is its incredibly powerful and flexible search functionality.

With a combination of folders, contexts, due dates, tags etc and saved searches, you can display your tasks in more or less any way you could possibly imagine and 'bend' Toodledo to suit whatever productivity methodology you can think of.

So wouldn't it be wonderful if this most powerful element of Toodledo translated across its otherwise excellent iOS apps?

The sophisticated search functionality need not be present in the mobile apps (I imagine that really would be a lot of work) - all that would be required would be for saved searches created on the web to sync to the mobile app and display the results accordingly.

This is the same system used by Evernote, so any users of that app will know what I mean.

I'm not a developer, but I imagine that since this would really only be an addition to the sync functionality, it might not be such a massive leap in terms of development.

But the leap in terms of the usability and sheer brilliance of the mobile apps would be immense.

I think it would be worth doing.

(and sorry if this has already been said before - I didn't do a very sophisticated search ;) )
Purveyor

This was suggested on the day after the Toodledo iPhone app was introduced in October 2008:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/718/-3309/toodledo-on-the-iphone.html
Posted by vegheadjones:
One thing I hope is supported soon is viewing by saved searches. Personally I don't need to make saved searches on the iphone, but I do need access to the ones I have already saved, that is where I do most of my work.
Here's a more recent topic:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5641/-67933/search-not-available-in-slim-and-iphone-app.html
Posted by Toodledo:
Basic search is available on the iPad, and saved searches are still on the to-do list. Saved searches are my personal top request for the iPhone, so I am motivated to get it done, but we have a few things that have higher priority due to their wider appeal.

This message was edited Jul 11, 2012.
david.humble

Yeah, well, I did say I hadn't done a particularly sophisticated search.

Consider my voice added to the clamour for it to happen.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.