ForumsQuestionsHide based on time

Hide based on time
Jesper

Posted: Aug 02, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Why does my Toodledo show a task, where the start time is in three hours? Back in 2010 (!) you wrote this:

Toodledo

Administrator
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 Score: 0 Quote

Hiding future tasks currently doesn't take the time into account, but we plan to implement this in a future update.

I should think that there has been an update during the last two years?
Salgud

Many updates in the last two years, just not that feature yet.
Purveyor

This is a strange one, though.

Databases have fields that store date and time, e.g. DATE, DATETIME, and TIMESTAMP in MySQL.
There are several Date and Time functions that can be used to filter by date and time.
Toodledo already has a setting for Time Zone.

Given that tasks can be filtered by Start Date, it seems that it would be easy to filter by Start Time. Unless the database structure is highly unusual.

Also, it makes sense to filter out tasks that have a Start Date/Time in the future. There are tasks that I can't start until the late afternoon or evening and I don't need to see them on my list throughout the day.

This message was edited Aug 02, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We know how to do this, we just haven't gotten around to it yet. This has only been requested a few times, so we haven't given it high priority.
Purveyor

So, if we request it several times, then you'll get around to it? :-)

Given that you already allow filtering out future Start Dates, doesn't it make it sense to add the ability to filter out future Start Times?

Or, maybe you need a Round Tuit.
;-)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes it makes sense. We will do it. When your to-do list is 1000+ items, you cant do everything today.
Saurnil

Posted: Aug 03, 2012
Thank you, I agree, hiding future timed tasks makes a much cleaner task-list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.