ForumsQuestionsWeekly Tasks

Weekly Tasks
Flori_1389538698

Posted: Feb 03, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Yeah, this is a real pain of an issue for me - and also makes the "chain" feature useless.

If I have a daily (repetitive) task to Exercise then if I do not work out that day - what do I do? My choices seem to be:

1) check the skipped task as done.
even though I did not perform the task that day.
This defeats the purpose of tracking these tasks. Besides - I broke "the chain" and I want this be be recorded.

2) don't check the task as done.
So the next day - my Workout shows up as an overdue task (yesterday's task - not today's). If I do the task (workout) today, my only option is to check the "workout" task and it will be recorded as if I completed it YESTERDAY .. and after I check as done - it will show up as a current task today. Messed up. And the chain is messed up to.

3) delete the task
But this would delete the repetitive (daily) task. I don't want to do this.

Am I missing something? Is there another way?
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 03, 2014
Score: -1 Reference
If a repeating task has an "optional" Due Date and the date passes, the task will automatically be moved forward. The task won't be completed, it won't be deleted, and it won't show up as overdue.

You can designate a task as "Optionally on" when you set a task's Due Date. You can see this choice by clicking on "Due by" to the left of the Due Date. Or, you can get the same result by putting a "?" before the date.

Take a look at this Help topic:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

Also, to avoid problems similar to those in your point #3, you can set a repeating task to "Repeat from Completion Date" instead of from Due Date.

BTW, in your list of choices, #4 would be: Change the Due Date to the next day.

This message was edited Feb 03, 2014.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.