ForumsQuestionsEmail Warning

Email Warning
delton.smith

Posted: Oct 14, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I just got an email saying the following:

"You have not used your Toodledo.com account in over a year. In 30 days, we will be deleting your unused account to free up space.

We have made a ton of improvements to Toodledo in the last year that may interest you. Why not check it out? If you want to keep your account, all you need to do is sign in. If you exclusively use Toodledo through an external app, you still need to sign into the website to keep the online syncing account active.

http://www.toodledo.com
Your account login: XYZ email"

Are you guys serious? I use this app all the time on my iPhone and just because I don't log in to the website, you were/are going to delete my account for "inactivity?" Pretty ridiculous...
Salgud

Posted by delton.smith:
I just got an email saying the following:

Are you guys serious? I use this app all the time on my iPhone and just because I don't log in to the website, you were/are going to delete my account for "inactivity?" Pretty ridiculous...

Agreed. They should keep your space, and everyone else's, on their servers for all eternity so you can avoid the huge inconvenience of logging in once a year.
Purveyor

Well, to be fair to delton.smith, Toodledo already knows the last time that a user synced from a device or app. It should be easy to refer to this information before sending the email warning.
(Toodledo makes the info available here: https://www.toodledo.com/active_apps.php )
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We intentionally do not consider using the app as using the website. The reason is that users often setup syncing and then never use the website. This creates an unnecessary burden on our servers and also unnecessarily drains the user's battery and bandwidth. If you do not use our website there is no harm to having your web account deleted. You can continue using only the app like you do now.

If you do want to keep the web account for whatever reason, you will need to sign in once a year. You can set a Toodledo task to remind you to do this if you want.
M

Posted: Oct 15, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Jake:
You can set a Toodledo task to remind you to do this if you want.

*Like!*
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.