ForumsQuestionsTrack Monthly Hours (lengths) spent on a project (goal)?

Track Monthly Hours (lengths) spent on a project (goal)?
steve_56

Posted: Sep 19, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I use the length field in tasks to track how much time I spend on each goal.

At the end of the month, I would like to be able to sum the hours I have spent on each goal.

I can use search to make a list, but I don't know how to have it sum the lengths.

I can use a pie chart, but I don't know how to limit the pie chart to just the last month's data.

Perhaps I am going about this all wrong, but it seems like this should be pretty straightforward.

Thanks,

Steve
Purveyor

Posted: Sep 19, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by steve:
Perhaps I am going about this all wrong, but it seems like this should be pretty straightforward.
Perhaps, and sort of. ;-)

Create a Saved Search:
1. Select "Goal" and choose the goal that you want to summarize.

2. Then you'll need to somehow specify "last month's data", so you'll need a date field, perhaps Date Completed or Date Started. I don't think that you can specify "last month" in a Search so you'll need something like "in the last 30 days" (if you're running the report at the end of the month) or you can specify the date range by using something like Date Completed "is after" August 31 AND Date Completed "is before" October 1.

3. Run the Search and, at the bottom of the list, you'll a get total time for all the tasks in the Search.

4. Save the Search and you can modify it and run it each month.

This message was edited Sep 19, 2015.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.