ForumsQuestionsChange is not always good - Can the old format be used instead?

Change is not always good - Can the old format be used instead?
aleding

Posted: Oct 27, 2015
Score: -1 Reference
Sorry guys but this new layout is totally unusable - at least for me...things are WAY too cumbersome now and quite frankly, you guys clearly forgot the addage that has worked for all time - if it ain't broke, don't fix it...there was very little wrong with the previous iteration and I have zero idea why you felt compelled to change it...

You have somehow managed to make Omnifocus look\feel\operate better that Toodledo which I thought was impossible...

PLEASE tell me there is a way to let users use the previous far more functional layout...

Thanks.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2015.
Purveyor

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by aleding:
I have zero idea why you felt compelled to change it....
The explanations are in the various topics here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/0/news.html
aleding

Score: 0 Reference
Does that mean NO - the old format is not available?

This message was edited Oct 27, 2015.
Salgud

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by aleding:
Does that mean NO - the old format is not available?

No software vendor I know of continues to support older versions of their software for very long (except for MS who kept Win2000 forever because Vista was such a kludge). If TD kept the old version for the small percentage of users who still prefer it, they'd now have 2 versions to maintain and update as needed. Of course, when then come out with another update in a couple of years, there would be those who prefer this one to that new one, etc, etc, etc.As with any kind of change, there will always be a few who liked the old better. I guess it's your turn. :) There have been days in my life I wanted to last forever, but the sun set anyway.
Olivir2015

Posted: Oct 29, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Sorry, OP, but I think quite the opposite - for me this UI redesign makes TD much more usable than before - even so that I have completely stopped testing alternatives.Of course there are some inconviences, but if you see the result of "Add Task to the right" "hate" front - TD is listening. But should you wish to keep the old UI in effect - even as an option - you are out of luck.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.